Notices

Is there a 10-20lb club

Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Okay Canary, I see you're being told to rest - sorry, but I'm not as nice as Passer - get off your butt and get moving! Before you know it, I'm gonna weigh less than you.

Think about how good you feel after you've exercised. I once interviewed a lady in her 90's who was in great shape, and walked every morning. I asked her how she stayed motivated to do so, and she said she never decided ahead of time how far she'd go, but she always made herself put her shoes on and walk out the door. Some days she'd go half a block and turn around, others she'd go very far. I use that to get myself going in the mornings.

Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Well done. Canary
Old 09-11-2010, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hello! I am glad to see a group with my weight loss goal. I want to lose 20lbs and as I can never keep going by myself I am hoping this will change things up for me a bit. I'm a constant snacker and work near food all day. I just moved to a small town so no more fast food for me! Which is good because I was getting rather addicted

I'm at 130 now and hoping to get to 110, mainly just a bit of a tummy on me lol
Old 09-11-2010, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default new

hello everyone im a mother of two trying to get back in shape it seems i have gained about 20 pounds since my husband has came back from iraq im a young mom who wants to get in shape for my childeren im 23yr 5'3 at about 185 i wanna lose 20 and get down to 165 i've always been a "thicker" and know with my body type i wasnt meant to be skinny lol hoping to find some support to try and get my goal weight by the end of the year this is my first time on a real diet well i would love to start to weigh in with you guys as well feel free to msg me!! Sonja
Old 09-12-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default jogging with attitude!

Hi Everyone, welcome sapsantana and Coosecoose. Canary, hope I didn't offend with my last post - if so, I apologize, I'm really a nice person. I cannot imagine how hard it is to deal with fibromyalgia - you're amazing. Hope you're feeling better. As I get older, I really have begun to be grateful for my good health.
I started exercising regularly in May when I got a new puppy - Tango. I walked every morning with her for a month, then gradually started jogging a bit here and there. I have been faithfully selecting "walking for fitness" or "jogging" in my activities, and you all probably know this, but as I've lost weight I burn fewer calories with exercise. Yesterday I discovered that if I put the jogging in as slow running (10 minute miles) I burn more calories. So I decided that the difference between jogging and running is that running is jogging with attitude. I tell myself "I'm running!" and pay a little more attention to form. I now burn more calories than when I was merely jogging.
My weight is 138# - total of 16 pounds gone, and on my way to 130# by my 45th birthday - 11/11.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I started using Fit Day this past June, weighing in at a robust 158 lbs and only 5' 3 ''!! I had pretty much given up on losing weight as I am 52 and it just seemed like I couldn't shed any weight. I am post menopausal too so that adds to the dilemma!! At any rate, this past June, I just decided to try to do something about my weight gain. I have used Fit Day to track my caloric intake and I have tried to keep it at 1500 calories a day. I also started running every other day and walking on the off days. My husband and I go about 3.5 miles per day, either running or walking. I am happy to report I am now down to 141 pounds and still losing. My goal is 125 or maybe even 120! I do have to say it hasn't been easy sometimes, but I have COMPLETELY given up chips and sweets. I do still have drinks at night but only with diet soda, so the calories are lower. Just imagine if I gave up drinking, LOL!!! Still the weight is coming off at about .9 lb per week, so it IS happening for me. I have dropped down a complete size in clothing (now size 10) and I feel SO much better! I cannot recommend highly even how effective tracking my calories has been for me! Good luck to you all. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Lewisfamily: WooHoo!! You are doing great. I'm 52 as well and am in a more or less maintenance phase (less when I occasionally slip up). We 50-somethings can absolutely reach our goals and you are living proof!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday

Hello, I'm brand new to Fitday.

I'd like to lose 20lb of baby belly!

To be honest I'm terrible at excersizing! But lately Ive been on the treadmill nearly everyday trying to push myself!

I have a 2 year old and a 12 year old and a very fit husband!

I need a group to hold myself accountable to

Looking forward to being here!

Angela
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default weigh day

Hi and welcome to new peep's. Built - saw your picture on another thread - you're my new idol!
I have had a bad week, fighting all kinds of negative thoughts and feelings. I will say 139# as my weight, but I am pretty sure I'm bloated due to the extra nachos and cookies I ate last night. Close to not caring about the weight, or my health.
Hope everyone else is in a better place than me this week!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New Also

Originally Posted by tankgirlwa
Hello, I'm brand new to Fitday.

I'd like to lose 20lb of baby belly!

To be honest I'm terrible at excersizing! But lately Ive been on the treadmill nearly everyday trying to push myself!

I have a 2 year old and a 12 year old and a very fit husband!

I need a group to hold myself accountable to

Looking forward to being here!

Angela
I just joined today. I'm 57 so I'm old enough to be your mom but I related to you because my daughter just had her fouth baby and is trying to get back on track.
I have struggled all my life with my weight not grossly overweight but always just enough to keep me from feeling good about myself.
I lost about 20 lbs a couple of years ago when I went through a divorce but have gained 10 of it back. I weigh 152 now and would love to get back to 140 or below.
I understand about the exercise thing. I feel the same way but I know that it will make all the difference in the weight loss.
I'm hoping to stay encouraged with and hopefully can encourage others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.