Notices

Is there a 10-20lb club

Old 07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Is there a 10-20lb club

I was looking for a club for newbies or something to just keep myself accountable.. I'm trying to lose 20lbs.. I've been on a roller coaster for the last seven years.. I started at 150 then went to 200 with my pregnancy, it took me a year to get that off then I got pregnant again and went back up to 200.. I'm now at 143 and I'd like to weigh about 120-125, that is in the healthy zone for my height..

I saw on some of the other forums that they have a weekly weigh in, that would be awesome too...

I was doing some strength training classes and Zumba, but now I walk outside with my kids, I like to exercise, but my diet is out of control, I'm looking forward to my new journey to feeling better about myself and eating right so that my family can eat right too..

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

I'll join! I began 6/21 at 154# and am down to 150#. Goal 135# by 11/11. Looks like you get to be moderator...pick a weigh-in day!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome!! I'm really excited about joining this forum, I never used the forum before and I've had an account with fitday for almost 5 yrs.. This will really help me stay accountable..

Will a Sunday Weigh in work?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday's good - it'll keep us from going crazy Fridays and Saturdays, which are much more of a challenge for me than the rest of the week.
Where is everyone from? I'm in IL (USA).
Canary - same thing happened to me last year - gained while on vacation (and 2 pounds in 2 days this yr over July 4th wkend). Don't panic. You'll see your weight will go back down within a few days of eating well. I think I've gotten a LOT more sensitive to salt than I used to be, which plays a big factor for me. I'll be 45 in Nov.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

My biggest draw back is night time, I do pretty good during the day with my diet and then at night I seem to get really hungry, I used to try and walk in the evenings and I haven't been doing that instead I walk with my kids in the morning..

Salt is a huge thing for me too, we eat out a lot on the weekends and I know everything is loaded with salt. I'm going to try and cut out one day of eating out on the weekends and still have a free day, I get so sick of cooking sometimes..

Well~ since it's Sunday my weigh in is 142.4
Old 07-11-2010, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey that's a great start.. I would love to be at 138!!

I tried to take my kids for a walk this morning, but it has been raining off and on, we have made one trip in the car to our walking spot and got poured on, so I'm going to try for later...

What kind of exercise/diet is everyone doing?

I've been trying to just add in more fruit and veggies, and cut out a lot of the junk food, but it is sooo hard with little ones, I used to just keep the food out of the house and if I really really wanted it I would have to go and get it, but now we have those fun snack foods all the time..

I was taking some Zumba classes and it's getting pretty expensive, and I have a membership at the gym, but my son isn't always thrilled about going, but we have been walking once sometimes twice a day, just depends.. I think I'm going to start doing my exercise videos again too..

Last edited by circuitmom; 07-12-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

I have 2 little ones ( 5 1/2 and almost 8). I have tried very hard to hide my "food issues" from them - with great success so far. I don't buy a lot of junky stuff. I make them try new things, but don't force them to eat. They're both slim. When we're on vacation, though - anything goes. On vacation, I let them have whatever, and as much as they want. When we're in the grocery store and they're asking for junk, I say - yeah, next time we're on vacation we'll have to try those...and it works.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

@nottango~ I like the idea of having the kids wait to eat junk food until vacation.. I will have to try that, this time when we went to the store I told them we have to start making healthy choices and they really tried to help me find good things, my daughter is 3.5 and she really got into it.. She picked out strawberries and apples and my son is 6 he found all the other items on our healthy list..

@canary52 I couldn't agree more with you!! Move more and Eat less.. You sound like me, I too gain sometimes when I'm really exercising, I can't control my eating then, especially if I'm lifting.. I know some of it's muscle, but the only problem for me is not being able to fit back into my pants..
I hate that feeling, and that's where I am right now..

I figured if I focus on eating clean and walking or doing more cardio, I will get where I need to be, this site is going to be great for me, b/c it's making me aware of my short falls, normally I was eating right about now, but now I'm replacing that temptation with typing on this forum..

I'm ready now!! I'm going to quit making excuses and make today better than yesterday, one small step at a time..

Thanks for the support!!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hello. I'd love to be able to join the 10-20 pound club. I've been using fitday for a couple weeks, but haven't been as committed as I should. My current weight is 142 (considered unhealthy for my height) and I'd love to get it down to 122 (which is well in the health range).

It's interesting how circuitmom mentioned getting hungry at night, as I have the exact same issue. I'll be perfectly fine until about 8PM and then I'm craving carbs. Another issue I have is restaurants. I love to eat out, and end up doing it at least once a week. It seems like with a lot of restaurants, even their salads aren't that good for you.

As for food, I'm trying to cut out all the junk (I'm a sweetaholic) and focus more on protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains. I'm also trying to exercise in the morning. This can be tricky as my schedule is not usually the same from week to week (I'm finishing up an internship from my masters and try to make myself available when it's most convenient to my site supervisor, not necessarily for me), but I've been getting better at it recently.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ropedancer~
Glad you are here.. We are all just starting and I know in the few days I've been here, it has been great for me. I look forward to seeing the new posts and it has given me a recharge for looking at health and fitness in a new light again.
I know how hard it can get with working on an internship, it is really hard when you are at their mercy, that would make it hard to plan for anything.. Sounds like you are doing great though..

Canary52~ It seems like when we want something so strongly for our family, they fight us even harder.. It is something I have been praying for in my family, to get back on track..
I can't speak out of experience for teenagers b/c my kids are only 6 and 3.5, but I'm learning sometimes we can only let go and let God take over..

You are setting a good example and doing all the right things, now it's just a matter of time..

I think the hardest job I have ever had is being a parent, I love it, but at times I am challenged beyond words.. Kids are smart..

I have been reading a book on "Becoming a Better You" One of the things that it left me with thinking last night was this quote.
~ " Don't talk about the way you are, talk about the way you want to be."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.