Notices

Is there a 10-20lb club

Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry it's been so long since I've been here, we just got a new computer and I wasn't able to log into fitday or do anything, our other computer was on it's last leg..

I'm up this week, gotta love PMS..
142, but I'm going to do the best I can..

I see some new folks, welcome!! Glad you found us, the support here is awesome!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! I'd like to join your slimming party

I'm 30, 5'8" and currently 155lbs. I just lost 25lbs using the 1st personal diet, but now I want to start exercising more, and the calorie intake on that diet won't support it (I tried, it just made me horribly hungry, which made me eat a lot of stuff I regretted later). So here I am to loose that last 10 or 15 pounds . . . I don't know which, I haven't been that low since junior high.
In the past I haven't been all that successful with weight loss, but with the control I feel fitday gives me, I am optimistic!

I'm looking forward to joining you all on this weight loss journey!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:11 PM
FitDay Member

This second week is being horrible, I think in food all the time. I am not hungry most of the time but I am begining to obsses over food. And when I exercise, I feel hungrier.

I have to restrict 500 calories per day, when I eat more than I planned, I use the stair-treadmill to lose the calories I overate. But then I feel tired and hungrier.

Sigh
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Found out that "my job is being eliminated". That's been really good for the diet/weight loss.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Newbie!

Hello All,

I've been visiting fitday for years but didn't really start actively journaling my food until about a month ago. The main motivating cause -my wedding, of course!

I'm 5'10" and started at 197 August 1st and am now down to 180, which is too much/too drastic but I was sick for a week with pancreatitus. The funny thing is, when I was bigger my recommended calorie balance was 750 and now it's 520! I totally can't do that, so I'm excercising to burn off the excess.

The sickness made me dread anything in my stomach but I still have that little demon that compels me to eat crap food, the more fried the better. Luckily, my body can't process that stuff right now, so I'm forced to change habits. They say it takes 14 days to form a habit. Hopefully my almost robotic indulgence in fatty foods will lessen with the years. Although I think it was always be a battle... it's like when I eat that stuff I'm "rebeling" but all I'm really doing is destroying.

Anyway I'm glad to find a community of like minded women. Support and expectations are needed! Notango, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Canary, I tore my ACL 2 years ago, we should share physical therapy tips.

Last edited by baltimoron; 09-02-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Shout outs. :)
Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear about your job, Nottango. This crisis sucks.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default under 140!

I weighed in at 139# this morning. Been a long time! At least my clothes will fit nicely while I'm hitting the pavement job searching and interviewing. I have decided to confuse my boss by remaining cheerful for the next 5 weeks (Oct 8th is going to be my last day). So far, most of the people I work with don't know my job's being eliminated, and it's hard to see the pity in the eyes of those who do. I just have to believe that something better's waiting for me just around the corner. Looking on the bright side:
1. I've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time with the kids because I've been working so much. I've been dropping them off at 7:30-7:45AM and not picking them up until 6PM most days. In winter, I was dropping them off in the dark and picking them up in the dark! Once we get home, it's homework-dinner-bath-story-bed, with little fun time!
2. There are a lot of aspects of the job that I really didn't care to do, but did anyway - now they'll be someone else's problems.
3. No more pretending to like those people I've been pretending to like because it's politically correct.
4. I have family to help me financially, and friends to help me emotionally.
5. I have some $ saved, and no CC debt.
6. My kids and I are incredibly healthy.
7. I have lost 15 pounds recently, and have acquired an on-line support group of wise women who are willing to "listen" to me ramble!
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!
Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

138.8 for me. Or so I think because my scale is in kgs.
But the best part is that I can put on old clothes that were too small for me only 7 lbs ago.

Glad to hear you are ok (and thinner), Nottango.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all!
I am new to this website, I found it today! I already started my journal and I would love to join this group since I want to lose 10 kilos, which I think is aprox 20 pounds. I haven't step on a scale for quite a while because I am afraid! but I think I might be around 64 kilos, which is 140 pounds. I am 20 years old and 5'3. For the last two years I have hated summers because I felt awful about my body since I used to be skinny before I started college. It doesn't help that all my family is skinny and, even though they try to help me, they still make me feel fat with their comments about what I eat.

I have been dancing again for about 3 weeks and I try to join my parents when they go out walking, but I haven't been constant (is that the right word? I am from Peru so please excuse me for this little questions.). Starting tomorrow, I will be back on track!

I am so happy I found this community and look forward to start to know everyone and become a part of this
Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

I can eat and watch True Blood at the same time, it is too gorey for my stomach. And I think the show is good for the abs because I laugh a lot. So TB is good for weight loss.

Canary, sometimes a rest of working out, dieting and worrying is the best. Sometimes our bodies are exhausted and only want a little rest, so don't obsess about it, just sit on the couch, relax watching True Blood, and try to eat mindful, if you gain a little weight don't worry, you will be able to return to diet and exercise, and after a rest you will feel better. Or so I hope.

Hola Bailarina¡ Saludos desde España¡ How about your dancing. I have two left feet, so I feel envy for all the dancers out there, it sounds so funny. What kind of dance do you practice, clasiccal, modern, salsa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.