Notices

Back to the Basics Week-Long Challenge

Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

So far so good! Yesterday I was craving fro-yo so badly but instead I ate a tablespoon of almond butter. I actually opened up the jar and ate it in the car as I was so hungry and lethargic that I knew if I didn't eat right away I'd just go to the McDonald's and get their frozen yogurt.

The only small fail was that I was eating dried hibiscus flowers on Sunday night that I didn't realize had sugar added to them. Once I realized that I stopped though. They taste like strawberry fruit roll-ups and were on sale at Trader Joe's!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
FitDay Member

Check In! The days that appear next to the goal are the days I have completed that goal.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday

1. Workout all 7 days. Monday Tuesday
2. Get 150 ounces of water in. MondayTuesday
3. Log every morsel that enters my mouth. Monday! Tuesday
4. Connect with Fitday every day. MondayTuesday
5. Do my FULL workout - all 90 minutes! Only 60 Mins Missed cardio
6. Remember all my vitamins.MondayTuesday
7. NO ALCOHOL (all my friends are leaving town for San Francisco next weekend, and we're keeping all the kids, so this should be pretty easy - Mamma stuff, not grown-up stuff). MondayTuesday
8. Love myself. MondayTuesday

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 06-23-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Two days of meeting my goals hardly seems like an accomplishment just yet but I did stick to maintaining my food log and exercising. My challenge will come with the weekend.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

ok, Wed morning!
Tuesday didn't go as well as i hoped for. my calorie intake and exercise was just fine, the not so good part was that my carb went over so high to 60%. hope the killer cardio afterward took care of some of it but still i felt uncomfortable to have my carb at that level and did not want to stuff my mouth with extra protein later in the evening to make up for it and make it a more balanced ratio. Have to work hard to make today a much better day!
Good Luck everyone!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there gals! I never knew FITDAY had a forums section. How neat is that? I need to do better at my eating too. I bought a HealthMaster and WILL use it every day to get my butt in gear and loose this weight. YAY!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi all

I just started using fit day yesterday and found the forums today. This topic is perfect for me. I decided on Monday to get back to the basics too. I have loosened up on my diet for the past several months and am up ten pounds since last December. I have been exercising (thanks to having the best workout partner- my hubby!) but have lost self-control around food. I'm cutting out the sweets and working on the munching. On Monday, I did not eat any simple carbs but did snack some on cashews and almonds. Tuesday, I did better and did not snack as much. Today, I am right on track. I am feeling better, sleeping better, and enjoying my happy mood!

Current Weight: 145
Goal: 130
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Monday went well.

Tuesday could have been better, only worked out for 30 minutes, not my usual 60, but I did drink all my water and kept my cals under 1,600, but just barely. I was tired and wanted to eat all day long. But I ended the day on budget with a decent pie chart.

Wednesday, better than Tuesday, got in a really good 60min workout, even enjoyed it. Calories are at 1,500 even and the pie chart is downright impressive. Although admittedly I had to eat 2 cans of tuna for dinner to balance out the unplanned Chex mix and watermelon I had for my afternoon snack. But now I feel full and content, and I'm working on the last jug of water, so I think I'll get all of that in as well.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

these past two days and nights have been hectic--and tomorrow will be too. i didn't even mean to go off the challenge but i was so busy that i never ate lunch and then i came home and ate some dried cranberries--they have sugar. i also ate a tablespoon of hot cocoa powder that has sugar in it. (i also ate healthy stuff but i'm only mentioning that fail part of my food day)

however, that has been the only sugar i've had since this challenge started. sooo really it's much better than my norm.

i'm exhausted and sunburned from collecting samples and doing lab work all day. i feel like i've been neglecting fit day even though i absolutely love this site and all of you!

i'll read up on all of your posts now!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

I made it under 200!!! I'm 199 finally! But I know now is the time to really recommit. My workout this morning wasn't so intense. I definitely have to kick it up tomorrow! I'm having trouble with sugar cravings, but it's nowhere near as bad as the first time I quit (which started this whole journey!)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Goooo nessa!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.