Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hidee Hoe Neighbors!

With Biggest Loser AND American Idol on tonight, I wonder if I will get my cardio in! It’s so funny how I used to ditch the cardio for the core and arm exercises, but after learning that weight lifting after cardio seriously boosts your burn, I refuse to do anything before I get my heart rate up up up. Has anyone tried Zumba? I am thinking of adding it in 3 times a week in addition to the regular workouts to jumpstart my weight loss again. Is it really as easy and fun as they say? On another note, I am quitting smoking… one solid day smoke free and not one craving!
CC1158 – HORRAY FOR DECADES! Great job lady!
Patti – what can we do to support you here? Are you cheating on your food? Are you not eating enough? You are a leader here woman! We need you to stay lean and strong. We are all here for you, to celebrate your successes AND to help you during challenges. I do agree with Almeeker that you should go do something for yourself to find your mojo. I think what I will do is start a new thread where we will enter our pounds lost and then add it to the group’s total. Maybe we can do a boys vs. girls thing? I’m going to get it started tonight!
Montana – YOU ARE A SUPER STAR GIRL! WOOT WOOT!
EGM – why thank you about the boots! I was totally stoked! Today at work everyone was sharing something very sweet and very fatty – I never saw what it was because I directed my attention elsewhere – when they all looked to offer me a bite, one of the women said, “oh don’t offer it to her, she doesn’t eat.” I said, “No, I just don’t eat carbs.” It actually made me feel good. I used to hate women like me – with the strength and willpower to not indulge in the office goodies. Now I have a reputation for being a health freak. One of the other women there said, “yea, but she is really losing weight!” I just smiled and returned to my work. It’s such a nice change from being the girl who would BRING the goodies for the office – only to hide them all in her desk and eat them all before 5. Great job on limiting yourself and staying strong, but they should respect you too!
Ah the ever wise Almeeker!!! I use a protein shake in the morning. I used 2 packs in my coffee rather than cream or sugar. It’s kindof pricey, so I am in the market for something new – what do you use… and do I detect a NEW DECADE!? How long have you been in the 160’s!? Sneaky sneaky!
Christineval – you need to bump your protein, definitely. Believe it or not, staying between 1200 – 1400 calories will boost your weight loss. But, if you still have calories to intake by the end of the day make sure they are protein or vegetable based carb. On a REALLY personal note, I’ve found that lots of veggies in the evening help get things, um… “moving” more in the morning – which can be a problem for dieters.
Welcome welcome welcome to all the new comers! Congrats on taking these first steps to a new life! The women here are fantastic role models and will help you stick to your path!

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 05-18-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thought I would pop back in tonight...had a much better day today. Got my 3 mile walk in and 20 mins of floor exercises..felt good too. Actually Erinn and Almeeker I went to the store last friday and got a few new things and in a size smaller BUT havnt lost the weight to deserve that. I have a video of me at Xmas for my before pictures...but none of right now. I was also sitting down so it will be hard to compare. Thanks for the suggestions..I think I just need a kick in the butt!!!
Feel free..... (_I_)
Old 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Thought I would pop back in tonight...had a much better day today. Got my 3 mile walk in and 20 mins of floor exercises..felt good too. Actually Erinn and Almeeker I went to the store last friday and got a few new things and in a size smaller BUT havnt lost the weight to deserve that. I have a video of me at Xmas for my before pictures...but none of right now. I was also sitting down so it will be hard to compare. Thanks for the suggestions..I think I just need a kick in the butt!!!
Feel free..... (_I_)
Patti - there was one thing in your post I REALLY disagreed with... you DO deserve those new clothes in that new size! You're just working while your body gets there. Congrats on getting up and exercising! Now I need to go!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Patti, I'm with skinnye on this one, you do deserve some new things, whether or not you buy ones that fit is up to you. I love to have a little something something in my closet that is too small, it helps me focus on what I'm trying to do here. I don't really know what I'm going to do to fill that void when I reach my goal. Uh? Never thought about that before.... Maybe I should keep a pair of fat pants to remind me of where I've been?

Well I gotta go, something about squeezing honey for the middle child...
Old 05-18-2010, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Awesome workouts, and that is a ton of calories burned! I think that on average, women are advised never to dip below 1,200 calories. If you're working out, you need a few more than that. Fitday actually has a calculator when you input your average level of activity and all your stats that will figure out your calorie balance (what you can eat to lose weight at the rate that will get you to your goal). You have to input a little data into your weight goal as well. When I do this, I typically make a shorter term goal. For instance, I told fitday that I wanted to be at 200 pounds by 9/30/10 (I started at 235), and it told me that in order to do that, I needed to lose an average of .23 pounds per day. I then input my activity level (mostly sedentary considering I have a desk job) and it figures out how many calories I burn on an average day. Then it told me how many calories I have to restrict each day to lose .23 pounds every day. I took about 400 calories off of the estimate they gave me (about 1,900 cals eaten per day) just to jumpstart my weight loss, but if I need to go up to the level they recommend (which usually is a little high) then I know I'm still ok. Then when I get to 200 pounds, I will go back in and enter a new weight goal and a new deadline. Does that all make sense? So if you go into your Fitday account and put all the data in, you should end up with an idea of how many calories you should be eating!
Hey

Yes I know I have done that. I can eat 1446 cal. I do not like the fact that is has 22:00 hours for my sitting down job lol. i wish I could put 7.5 but I guess it has to go somewhere because there are 24 hours in a day.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

CC1158 - Congrats on the new decade - awesome job!

Patti - Glad you had a better day. We all have our "off" days where we question what we're doing and why. And yes, I agree with everyone else - you do deserve those new clothes! I'm learning as a relatively new mother that we females have a very difficult time justifying anything for ourselves, even when it is necessary.

Almeeker - NSV = Non scale victory. Thought I had seen that one somewhere on here??? And I definitely agree with keeping a pair of fat pants. When I lost weight before and did the whole bodybuilding thing, I kicked myself for not saving a pair of my size 20's so I could put them up next to my pair of size 6's. Maybe if I would have saved them I wouldn't have gotten fat again? No, I think that's a stretch...

I'm so frustrated this morning! I weighed in yesterday morning at 226.8, and the day before at 227.4. Then all of a sudden today I'm up to 229? WTF?!?! I did really good Monday, and I didn't eat terribly yesterday even with my mystery luncheon (which ended up being pork tenderloin and green beans). I had a greek salad last night for dinner with lentils, so nothing really heavy there. How would I have gained 2.5 pounds in a day? Did the little bit of overeating I did on the weekend catch up with me? I'm hoping it's just because good ol' Aunt Flo will be coming to visit later this week, because otherwise I don't have any explanation. So I have to be really careful and not take this bad mood with me to our brunch potluck this morning. I brought sugar free orange jello with mandarin oranges, so I can have something sweet without blowing it. But I've already seen mountains of pastries, egg casseroles, and delicious cheesy things downstairs, so I'm afraid to even go there knowing I could easily fall into emotional eating about those stupid 2 pounds. If anyone watching Biggest Loser last night, I just have to not do what Daris did!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
CC1158 - Congrats on the new decade - awesome job!

Patti - Glad you had a better day. We all have our "off" days where we question what we're doing and why. And yes, I agree with everyone else - you do deserve those new clothes! I'm learning as a relatively new mother that we females have a very difficult time justifying anything for ourselves, even when it is necessary.

Almeeker - NSV = Non scale victory. Thought I had seen that one somewhere on here??? And I definitely agree with keeping a pair of fat pants. When I lost weight before and did the whole bodybuilding thing, I kicked myself for not saving a pair of my size 20's so I could put them up next to my pair of size 6's. Maybe if I would have saved them I wouldn't have gotten fat again? No, I think that's a stretch...

I'm so frustrated this morning! I weighed in yesterday morning at 226.8, and the day before at 227.4. Then all of a sudden today I'm up to 229? WTF?!?! I did really good Monday, and I didn't eat terribly yesterday even with my mystery luncheon (which ended up being pork tenderloin and green beans). I had a greek salad last night for dinner with lentils, so nothing really heavy there. How would I have gained 2.5 pounds in a day? Did the little bit of overeating I did on the weekend catch up with me? I'm hoping it's just because good ol' Aunt Flo will be coming to visit later this week, because otherwise I don't have any explanation. So I have to be really careful and not take this bad mood with me to our brunch potluck this morning. I brought sugar free orange jello with mandarin oranges, so I can have something sweet without blowing it. But I've already seen mountains of pastries, egg casseroles, and delicious cheesy things downstairs, so I'm afraid to even go there knowing I could easily fall into emotional eating about those stupid 2 pounds. If anyone watching Biggest Loser last night, I just have to not do what Daris did!
Yes, this (the bolded). I can fluctuate up to 10 pounds at that time of the month...and crave salt prior to, which just makes it worse!

I've noticed that my periods are way worse in my new lifestyle, and hate that. I wonder if it's because my estrogen in all the fat I'm losing is being released into my body? I'm like I was on the pill...and that was not pretty!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Exhausted today.

Not sure why exactly, except for the fact that I'm really a 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep a night girl and I've been only getting about 6.5 to 7 per night.

That and the fact that I took an Allegra last night before bed...when I was walking this morning it was like having my feet stuck in wet concrete. So I only got 30 minutes and 1.5 miles in.

Hope I'm feeling better tomorrow!

The good news is that it looked on the scale like I was down another 1/2 pound, but I'm not totally sure on that.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
funny how the world can look so much brighter overnight. I purposly set my alarm clock for an extra 30 mins sleep this morning and had left my window open so woke up to birds singing away....I feel much better today. Thanks for the support you guys....yesterday was a OP (on plan) day and will make today the same. Going for my usual 3 mile walk this afternoon and a friend wants to go for a walk tonight as well..so will get some extra miles in today! When I was getting ready this morning I started to get dressed when I realized I did not step on the scale this morning...this is a good thing because I did not obsess about it either...
I just gave my *fatter* pants to my dh to bring to a second hand store, but I have a top or two Ive been hanging on to and yes I still wear them.

Have a great day everyone..you are all the best!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Question on Sleeping

Since I started this, I've only had about 2 nights where sleep was a problem. I'm normally a deep and good sleeper, but last night was misery.

I'm also someone who really really needs an average of at least 7, preferably 7.5 hours per night.

With the early walking and dd2's softball games, I'm not getting that much. Lately it's been 6 or 6.5 hours.

How important is it to get a few extra minutes (30 to 60) once in a while, balanced with a shorter workout? NOT trying to excuse myself, but I was SO TIRED this morning that when I did go walk, I really couldn't do more than 30 minutes and 1.5 miles...I felt like I was in wet concrete...just miserable. I hoped it would improve as I went, but it just got worse. Not hurting, just groggy and tired and exhausted.

How often is it "okay" to take the day off exercise, if taking the one day now and then will keep me going long term?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.