Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

I had a great day yesterday! I did a 50 min spin class at lunch and when I got home my husband and I did the first day of P90X for 1 hour which is back/shoulders and ab ripper X. Wow it is a crazy workout.

When I entered everything on Fitday I saw that I burnt 1556 cal for the day which is great but I only ate just under 1000 cal

Now I know that is not enough if I want to workout 2 hours a day so I have to eat more during the day but I am not sure how much or what yet since I dont want to go overboard.

I hope with all this that I will see results I want quicker
Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

If you're working out so much you probably should be increasing your protein intake. Have you considered using a protein powder?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
I had a great day yesterday! I did a 50 min spin class at lunch and when I got home my husband and I did the first day of P90X for 1 hour which is back/shoulders and ab ripper X. Wow it is a crazy workout.

When I entered everything on Fitday I saw that I burnt 1556 cal for the day which is great but I only ate just under 1000 cal

Now I know that is not enough if I want to workout 2 hours a day so I have to eat more during the day but I am not sure how much or what yet since I dont want to go overboard.

I hope with all this that I will see results I want quicker
Awesome workouts, and that is a ton of calories burned! I think that on average, women are advised never to dip below 1,200 calories. If you're working out, you need a few more than that. Fitday actually has a calculator when you input your average level of activity and all your stats that will figure out your calorie balance (what you can eat to lose weight at the rate that will get you to your goal). You have to input a little data into your weight goal as well. When I do this, I typically make a shorter term goal. For instance, I told fitday that I wanted to be at 200 pounds by 9/30/10 (I started at 235), and it told me that in order to do that, I needed to lose an average of .23 pounds per day. I then input my activity level (mostly sedentary considering I have a desk job) and it figures out how many calories I burn on an average day. Then it told me how many calories I have to restrict each day to lose .23 pounds every day. I took about 400 calories off of the estimate they gave me (about 1,900 cals eaten per day) just to jumpstart my weight loss, but if I need to go up to the level they recommend (which usually is a little high) then I know I'm still ok. Then when I get to 200 pounds, I will go back in and enter a new weight goal and a new deadline. Does that all make sense? So if you go into your Fitday account and put all the data in, you should end up with an idea of how many calories you should be eating!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome..I " attempted " posting this reply yesterday..but for whatever reason, it didn't post ...we'll see if it posts today...bleh. lol !

Erinn...you had asked about Michael Thurman's 6 week body makeover..it is a program thats made up individually to your needs and body type. I came across it one night on an informercial..I am a little skeptical at some things so I watched it a few times and then researched it myself online before purchasing it. it has a questionnaire that you take and a blueprinting that you can make of your body and stuff ..its all added to your " book" / program...All I can say is it makes complete sense to me and the program fits my needs and works ! I have a Type A body and the slowest metabolism..so in order to " fuel the fire " so to speak..I need to eat approx every 3 hrs to keep metabolism burning and working...like stoking a fire. Not eating a hefty amt..just something light an appropriate to my bodies need...higher protein for me ..so 2 to 3 oz of protien every time I eat something...it is a balance of all foods and a combination of how and when you eat them...

if you type in your browser ..Michael Thurmond's 6 Week Body Makeover....you can research it some too...Let me know if ya do and whatcha think! I previously lost 53 lbs using it..and had I stayed with it ..I'd be fine..it was me that slipped away from it and thus gained again.

WELCOME to all newcomers that have joined since I did !!

HUGS around the room and keep up the good work everyone !!

Sandy
Old 05-18-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - don't you love it when you realize how much you've changed - that exercise is now such a habit for you that you miss it! That's a great NSV!

Speedyfair - FIT TV is awesome, I wish I had it. You can always try a new workout so you never get bored, or you can find one that you like at the same time everyday and do that. It gives you great flexibility without having a gym membership!

SkinnyErinn - OMG! Hilarious! And congrats on your boots, by the way!

For whoever is compiling the count, as of the scale this morning, I have lost 9 pounds in the 3 weeks I have been on Fitday. I don't know if I've lost any inches yet because I didn't measure in the first place. I probably should do that before I get too far along. I can tell already that clothes are feeling a little looser though!

Recovered well from the weekend yesterday. Today and tomorrow will be a bit of a struggle though. Today I have a luncheon at a restaurant in which I will not get to pick the entree, so I will try to make the best of what is provided. And tomorrow is a brunch potluck at work - my all-time arch nemesis. All those delectable, foreign treats, each one just begging to be sampled. My game plan is to make something healthy to contribute, so I have something I know I can eat and not feel guilty about. Then if there are a few things that look really good, I will allow myself a small bite of 3-4 things so I don't feel totally deprived, or get nasty "oh, she must be on a diet" looks from my co-workers.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Another pound down! I've lost a total of 13 pounds and 7.75 inches since I started with Fitday again on April 12.

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone...
Im sitting every night wondering why Im sabotaging myself...Ive gotten down 30 pounds and here I sit and sit..Im bouncing up and down and I hate that. I want to keep going forward. After all my bragging about how well I was doing and how Im addicted to exercise now...I feel like its a slap in the face to me. Im still walking tons but the eating...its not great. Its all healthy just too much healthy stuff..Im thinking I was looking up new recipes and trying new stuff and now I feel like Im in a rut with my food and nothing looks interesting...and you all know how much I love trying and looking up new recipes. Something has to change....I cant quit now. I will do this...
Erin I like the idea of keeping track of our pounds lost...but I think we need some who can track it on excel..if Im not mistaken?? unless we can come up with a simple idea? I love how you guys can share intimate / personal challenges or stories..we are all women here and should be able to talk about anything. You never know when you are helping someone else...
Wow montana that awesome!!!
Egm if you are getting nasty looks just tell them you are having stomach issues?? In my case that is true..I want it smaller and I have issues with it!! haha
Sandy Ive been writing my posts on word and then copying and pasting..I have issues with the posts not sticking...and have lost many a post. Very frustrating
Christine you know thats not enough calories for the day right? what about some peanut butter on celery or soemthing just to up your calories a bit..
Almeeker 12 inches on your waist....oh IM so jealous. Im done 5 and it feels so much better...cant wait till I say 12. AWESOME
Speedy when I was doing dvds I used the Leslie Sansome dvds
and really liked Walk away the pounds.

Im lifting my coffee mug this morning to a new week ! Heres to us ladies!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Morning everyone...
Im sitting every night wondering why Im sabotaging myself...Ive gotten down 30 pounds and here I sit and sit..Im bouncing up and down and I hate that. I want to keep going forward. After all my bragging about how well I was doing and how Im addicted to exercise now...I feel like its a slap in the face to me. Im still walking tons but the eating...its not great. Its all healthy just too much healthy stuff..Im thinking I was looking up new recipes and trying new stuff and now I feel like Im in a rut with my food and nothing looks interesting...and you all know how much I love trying and looking up new recipes. Something has to change....I cant quit now. I will do this...
Erin I like the idea of keeping track of our pounds lost...but I think we need some who can track it on excel..if Im not mistaken?? unless we can come up with a simple idea? I love how you guys can share intimate / personal challenges or stories..we are all women here and should be able to talk about anything. You never know when you are helping someone else...
Wow montana that awesome!!!
Egm if you are getting nasty looks just tell them you are having stomach issues?? In my case that is true..I want it smaller and I have issues with it!! haha
Sandy Ive been writing my posts on word and then copying and pasting..I have issues with the posts not sticking...and have lost many a post. Very frustrating
Christine you know thats not enough calories for the day right? what about some peanut butter on celery or soemthing just to up your calories a bit..
Almeeker 12 inches on your waist....oh IM so jealous. Im done 5 and it feels so much better...cant wait till I say 12. AWESOME
Speedy when I was doing dvds I used the Leslie Sansome dvds
and really liked Walk away the pounds.

Im lifting my coffee mug this morning to a new week ! Heres to us ladies!
I'm sorry that you're feeling in a rut...I also love to cook and sometimes the diet track has to take a day off, just because my creativity needs a food outlet. Not to say that I cook unhealithly, just sometimes I need to set it aside so that I can keep going in the long run.

Maybe it's time for you to look at the pictures of yourself so far...where you were, how far you've come. Change things up a bit in the exercise arena, do something new and challenging? Sometimes I think we all just have down days/weeks and we need to just figure out a way out of the rut or depression.

Hang in there lady, you can find the path again!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default was in a rut also, but hang in there

got down to the 271, 273's and went up and down a pound or two for 2 or 3 wks, I had a few to many bigger meals I'll admit!!!
but now I'm finally down to 268.5. that next decade down feels so good.
I'm also feeling quilty because i'm not exercising either yet. may 10 minutes a week. you are all doing so well. congrats to everyone.

start 302
current 268.5
birthday goal: 240
ultimate goal ??
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

egmdobbs, Yes, it's a big step in the right direction that I feel the need for the workout now. (What is NSV?) I've known for a long time that I ache if I don't get to the gym every now and then, but to feel the need everyday is new. Girlfriend don't wait another minute, get yo' sweet self measured. Believe it or not I had lost maybe 20 pounds before I actually measured myself. So now I can't say for sure what the change has been. I'm a dummy, don't you be one too! I also don't have a very good before pic, but again I'm a dummy. And do you know what I tell people about my dieting? I just say "the skinny girl within is putting up a really good fight this year". That usually gets a chuckle and then people leave me alone about what is or isn't on my plate.

Go montanacricket, 7.75 inches is HUGE!!!!

patti patti patti, sorry to hear your having one of those days, that was me yesterday after skipping my workout. Maybe what you need is a new outfit, a new tube of red lipstick or a trip to the hair dressers? Something to perk you up a bit. I'm not really an "appearance" person myself, but somehow or another a bit of a beauty-up treatment can lift a whole woman out of the blues. Maybe you just a good nights rest and a solid plan for tomorrow's meals? And if that doesn't do the trick, call in some bigger guns. And don't be too impressed with the 12 inches off my waist, since I started at 44+. The sad part is that before motherhood I had a 24 inch waist.

cc1158, whooohoooohoooo on the new decade! You gotta love that! I would highly recommend a little bit more exercise, especially if you're yoyoing up and down a little. Whenever I hit any sort of plateau I try and increase my workout, if not by minutes then by intensity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.