Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Hey

Yes I know I have done that. I can eat 1446 cal. I do not like the fact that is has 22:00 hours for my sitting down job lol. i wish I could put 7.5 but I guess it has to go somewhere because there are 24 hours in a day.
I had that problem too until I put in the hours I sleep and other activities... brought my job down to 11 hours - which when taking into consideration the calories burned doing dishes, playing with kids and all the other "house jobs," that is probably more accurate.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies, I love you guys. I posted this morning but it's gone somehow. Spent the day out at mom & dad's trying to get that garden planted. It's a big bear, but I keep poking away at it.

montanacricket, I think it's okay to give yourself the occasional day off, I usually make it Sunday, because I lift weights on Saturday (which always hurts the next day)and then on Monday morning I'm right back at it because the week is starting over. But I've taken other days off here and there too. That is sooo strange that your periods are worse with the dieting, mine are almost a non-event, but then again I'm older than you and have gotten a lot less regular than I used to be.

patti, glad to hear your back on track and smiling again. We all have those days, believe me we do.

egmdobbs, I've given away all my biggest pants, but I have a pair of sweats and a couple of shirts left. The one shirt is for the kid's school, so I can't really get rid of it. But the last time I wore it at least 3 people accused me of wearing my pj's in public. Geez, I wore that thing every other week before and nobody said "boo" about it. But it's absolutely HUGE now. I wouldn't worry too much about a scale flip flopping. I have fluctuations all the time, mostly from constipation or lack thereof. The other thing that gives me scale yoyoing is water retention, which I can get from barametric pressure changes. I consider this an act of God and don't let it get me down. You can also get water retention from too much sodium or not drinking enough water, so drink your water, watch the weather channel and pray. That usually helps me get through it. How did your lunch thing go? You didn't Daris, did you?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
You didn't Daris, did you?
No, I really didn't! It went ok in general. There were alot of egg casserole-type dishes, so I had probably about a cup of that when all was said and done with samples (~350 cals according to Fitday). Then I had 1/4 of a large bagel, some fresh strawberries and blueberries, and a heap of my sugar free jello with mandarin oranges that I brought. All in all when I add in the dinner I have planned for the night, I'm at about 1,650 calories for the day. A little higher than normal, but not too shabby for a potluck day! I was so proud that I did not touch one single piece of chocolate (basket of mini Snickers be damned!), one cinnamon roll or other sweet bread-y items, and not one sweet thing at all - just jello! And that's quite a feat considering that all the leftovers are still sitting in the breakroom. I will have no trouble avoiding them tomorrow because I'm out of the office at meetings, so in 10 minutes when I leave the office, I consider myself home free of the potential potluck sabotage!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Got a little misty eyed here emgdobbs, you go girl, very very proud of you.

I went overboard today too. But seriously when I put in my activities I'm at like 3,700+ calories of burn today, so if I ate 1,670 I'm still in the clear right? That's the kind of burn you get with 2 hours of workout and an hour and a half pushing/pulling/grunting the rototiller.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - You didn't Daris!? Bwahahahahahaha! I love it! I am so stealing that! Promise to pay you royalties. And I am so blamming my weight fluctuations on Acts of God!

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 05-19-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies, I love you guys. I posted this morning but it's gone somehow. Spent the day out at mom & dad's trying to get that garden planted. It's a big bear, but I keep poking away at it.

montanacricket, I think it's okay to give yourself the occasional day off, I usually make it Sunday, because I lift weights on Saturday (which always hurts the next day)and then on Monday morning I'm right back at it because the week is starting over. But I've taken other days off here and there too. That is sooo strange that your periods are worse with the dieting, mine are almost a non-event, but then again I'm older than you and have gotten a lot less regular than I used to be.

patti, glad to hear your back on track and smiling again. We all have those days, believe me we do.

egmdobbs, I've given away all my biggest pants, but I have a pair of sweats and a couple of shirts left. The one shirt is for the kid's school, so I can't really get rid of it. But the last time I wore it at least 3 people accused me of wearing my pj's in public. Geez, I wore that thing every other week before and nobody said "boo" about it. But it's absolutely HUGE now. I wouldn't worry too much about a scale flip flopping. I have fluctuations all the time, mostly from constipation or lack thereof. The other thing that gives me scale yoyoing is water retention, which I can get from barametric pressure changes. I consider this an act of God and don't let it get me down. You can also get water retention from too much sodium or not drinking enough water, so drink your water, watch the weather channel and pray. That usually helps me get through it. How did your lunch thing go? You didn't Daris, did you?
oh I never thought about putting sleep and dishes etc. in lol. Is there a way to enter it once for everyday the things I do all the time? INstead of having to enter it everyday such as walking to bus and work. I do this 5 days a week so can i enter it once for the whole week?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Almeeker - You didn't Daris!? Bwahahahahahaha! I love it! I am so stealing that! Promise to pay you royalties. And I am so blamming my weight fluctuations on Acts of God!
Sooo where's my check? Just kidding, no I didn't really "Daris" I just ate more than normal yesterday, all healthy stuff, just a little too much of it. I try and stay at 1,300-1,500 calories during the week and yesterday I was at nearly 1,700. Well if you're out working in the sun all freaking afternoon and you put in 2 solid hours of working out, then you can eat a little more and it should be okay right? Well this morning I was up a half pound, so there goes that theory... But we have a high pressure system moving in and I hurt all over, so it's an Act of God, and Aunt Flo is visiting so there's some water retention going on as well. So today I'm not going to feel bad about a half a dropped egg, I'm gonna pray for low pressure and bitch cause I have PMS, drink all my water and then some and I'm not going to Daris! And hopefully tomorrow or the day after that egg will be back in the box.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
oh I never thought about putting sleep and dishes etc. in lol. Is there a way to enter it once for everyday the things I do all the time? INstead of having to enter it everyday such as walking to bus and work. I do this 5 days a week so can i enter it once for the whole week?
I put in the bits I can remember, since it feels like it's more accurate that way. I have "seated some movement" as my base, but if I clean house for 2 hours I put that in, since it's more action than my base. I don't really worry about putting in the time I sit here reading and typing since that is the same as my base amount. If you want it to take less time to enter your activities you can scroll down through "recent activities", all yesterday's stuff is there and you can just pick and choose from it and it automatically puts the same minutes there as the last time you entered it. Should only take a minute or two to download all of yesterday's stuff, unless it's really different. As far as I know there isn't a way to enter it for the week, but I suppose you could take a minute to do it in advance, on a day where you had more time.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks almeeker. It's good to have license for a day off now and then!

I'm struggling with my attitude at this point. I'm on week 6 and will complete week 6 tomorrow morning with my workout. I think that my family are getting tired of me obsessing with this, but obsessing is what I am going to have to do in order to succeed I think. Especially to take off as much as I want to.

I DID have a good workout today. I didn't go to dd's softball game last night, was in bed with the light off by 9:15 and only woke up to listen to updates from the game (they lost, but she caught a pop fly and got a good run to first--apparently they played a smokin' team!). But I got my butt up out of bed at 4:30 and got my 3.04 miles in in 60 minutes today. Speed is gradually increasing and I am altering the incline on the treadmill in order to work up my heartrate--which is getting harder to get in the target range!

A first! I actually jogged for over 2 minutes (didn't really keep track) this morning. I'm gradually going to ease into interval walking/jogging, with an eye toward jogging for most of the hour as I lose more. I couldn't believe how much easier it was than the last time I tried jogging!!!!!

Raising my latte (double shot, skinny soy thanks to my lovely Mother's Day gift from my family) to all you beautiful women out there who are working so hard to get healthy again! My hat is off to all of you!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lol

Originally Posted by montanacricket
I'm struggling with my attitude at this point. I'm on week 6 and will complete week 6 tomorrow morning with my workout. I think that my family are getting tired of me obsessing with this, but obsessing is what I am going to have to do in order to succeed I think. Especially to take off as much as I want to.
Yesterday was a rough day for me as well... I found that if I put myself out there and told folks that I was having a bad day that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE would lift me up... and they did. My bestiest best friend texted me the following: "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France.
My family is getting sick of me too... but, I was MORE sick of myself at my biggest - so they can just friggin' deal as far as I am concerned. I'm tired of their constant obsession with having groceries in the house and me in the kitchen cooking... but I put up with THAT! Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.