Community
Notices

Animals!

Old 12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

Tess met her match!!! Too funny!!! Poor kid being dragged though. I can just see it.

I'm not much of a rodent person myself. Too many nasty urban memories of rats and rat stories. To me: a bat is a rat with wings, a ferrret is a long thin rat and a squirrel is a rat with a fancy tail. But then again mention a chicken and I think shrink wrapped in the meat dept. Not a nature girl I.

But my friend's son, who is a nature boy, thinks a rat is the perfect pet. Apparently they are intelligent, loyal and (gulp!) loving. He has a (shudder) hairless one. I have to go now and lie down. This subject (rodents) gives me, as my Australian friend Missy used to say, "the wilburs."

Last edited by canary52; 12-11-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Jody the Black lab and Tiger the blue heeler.
My best mates

These other two critters hang around a lot too. They're nowhere near as much fun as the mutts though Patches on the left, Mr. Jinx on the right.

Last edited by Bluedog72; 01-23-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

I have two cats, and a fluffy white dog. We rescued the dog around Easter of last year, and we think he is a Border Collie, American Eskimo mix and around 2 years old. Then today, my daughter acquired a turtle. I guess I should get off the computer and supervise the set up of a suitable turtle habitat.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Here's two of my zoo crew!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

I lost my beautiful, elderly, 20 lb. cat in May and was totally heartbroken. Then, I was asked to foster two 6 month old Siamese mix kittens, brother and sister. I've always had long-haired, huge cats before and never had any experience with Siamese. OMG! They are absolutely crazy! Non-stop entertainment. (And, yes, of course, I adopted them both... lol) One carries more Siamese traits than the other and I'm totally smitten with them both. I've never seen cats like these. They can open doors, cupboards, drawers...they're like little monkeys! At 8 months, they're only 6 and 8 lbs. Quite a change from my 20 pounder!

Anyone have any tips for Siamese kittens?

quinn
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry about your cat. I lost one of mine unexpectedly in December. What did yours look like? This is mine...

I have fostered hunfreds of kittens and you probably already know with your two that they just need lots of "entertainment" to keep them out of trouble! I think that breed is just extra curious by nature! You should post a pic of them!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-24-2011 at 03:07 AM. Reason: pic was huge!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bluedog72
Jody the Black lab and Tiger the blue heeler. My best mates

These other two critters hang around a lot too. They're nowhere near as much fun as the mutts though Patches on the left, Mr. Jinx on the right.
Bluedog, I love them!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

It's so hard to lose a pet that you've had for a long time, isn't it? I've only had two cats in the last 30 years, one for 20 years and one for 10 years so they definitely become one of the family.

My new Siamese "twins" are just SO different from other cats. They "talk" to each other and work together to do what they can't alone. They're fascinating to watch. They retrieve. You can't hide anything from them or fool them. They're just like monkeys, I swear.

I'd love to hear from others that have Siamese because I think these two are smarter than me and they're are just letting me live here for their entertainment! LOL

quinn
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec

I'd love to hear from others that have Siamese because I think these two are smarter than me and they're are just letting me live here for their entertainment! LOL

quinn
Yep, lol! I need to find pics of the rescued Siamese mommy who had a litter. I had a surprise when the babies were born...she had 1 little black Siamese! I had never seen one before!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

One of mine is solid black, too!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.