Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the slap Mike...your honesty is appreciated. I lost 29 lbs in 2 months then got sick for awhile, so everyone around here coddles me (wish they'd stop doing that). Because of your post and brutal honesty, I've returned to my better eating habits, the exercise is still a ways off but "one step at a time".

Thanks Mike...needed the jolt.

BTW...You look awsome, keep up the good work...you're an inspiration.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

thanks Dizzy!

I've been struggling myself. I'm now trying to bulk up and gain some weight and it's playing on me mentally. For the past year I've lost, lost, lost and now I'm having to force myself to eat, eat, eat. My scale is going up, I can see that I'm gaining size (muscle) but with that extra weight come a little extra fat. I'm just doing a 1 month bulk but I feel like I am "half-assing" it b/c to be honest, it's difficult to accept that I'm gaining weight.... intentionally.

Next month I plan on cutting and I know that mentally that'll be much easier!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Even if you're gaining intentionally, you are also CONTROLLING the gain in a healthy way. I would think it would be really difficult to go from a losing/gaining mindset to more of a maintanence/control mindset but you're doing it well. You are at the point in this journey that most of us are still headed, you've learned what your body is capable of and you are in control now. Great job...Keep posting.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, I just got in fitday yesterday, and this is the first thread I have read. I am already looking forward to reading more and staying with this site. I did weight watchers for a few months last year, and I lost weight, I did great, but then I stopped. No matter what you do they keep everything positive.

I am sure for some people that is great, but I need a little brutal honesty to kick my butt. Thank you to everyone on this thread so far. I look forward to joinging the success stories along the way.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
Even if you're gaining intentionally, you are also CONTROLLING the gain in a healthy way. I would think it would be really difficult to go from a losing/gaining mindset to more of a maintanence/control mindset but you're doing it well. You are at the point in this journey that most of us are still headed, you've learned what your body is capable of and you are in control now. Great job...Keep posting.
thanks again and I forgot to say congrats on the 29 pounds in 2 months, keep plugging forward!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by linzybean
Wow, I just got in fitday yesterday, and this is the first thread I have read. I am already looking forward to reading more and staying with this site. I did weight watchers for a few months last year, and I lost weight, I did great, but then I stopped. No matter what you do they keep everything positive.

I am sure for some people that is great, but I need a little brutal honesty to kick my butt. Thank you to everyone on this thread so far. I look forward to joinging the success stories along the way.
thanks and welcome to the board.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

About a thousand years ago I gained 75 pounds in 3 months when my thyroid quit on me. The meds kept me from gaining more, but I have fought those 75 pounds ever since. After 2.5 pregnancies (during which I could not keep weight on) my thyroid seems to be back within tollerance. Unfortunately, after each pregnancy the weight came back on as soon as I quit nursing.

I have been dieting for more years than I care to count (decades, lots of decades). What the doctors are telling me now is that I under-eat and my body stays in famine mode so it hoards everything it can. My doctor has now put me on a 1700 calory diet to be distributed among 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I couldn't imagine losing on 1700 calories! I have a hard time getting that many calories unless I eat a lot of junk, but I'm trying and have lost about 17 pounds in the last 2 months.

I have been told all my life that I need to eat less and now I'm losing because I'm eating more. Is that bizarre or what?!? The doctor did say that once I establish the 1700 calory level we will gradually reduce to 1200 calories. I haven't been able to get to the 1700 level yet, but I'm trying. It all seems very backward, but seems to be working.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
The list of excuses can go on and on. If what I'm saying offends you, then you may be hanging on to your excuse. It's time to wake up people and realize that we are the problem, quit blaming others and making excuses.
Couldn't agree more. I think some truly believe their excuses are "different" so they can justify their failure. The truth is that you will not do it until you really want to do it.

Living a fit and healthy lifestyle is a choice. Unfortunately some still choose to make excuses instead of changes.

01gt4.6, you did an amazing job, you look awesome!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Couldn't agree more. I think some truly believe their excuses are "different" so they can justify their failure. The truth is that you will not do it until you really want to do it.

Living a fit and healthy lifestyle is a choice. Unfortunately some still choose to make excuses instead of changes.

01gt4.6, you did an amazing job, you look awesome!
thank you so much! You are correct some people let their excuses take over and it's not until they can get out of denial that real changes can be made. It really is a mindset, you have to truly want to change and be willing to make the necessary lifestyle changes to see the results that we desire.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SewNice
About a thousand years ago I gained 75 pounds in 3 months when my thyroid quit on me. The meds kept me from gaining more, but I have fought those 75 pounds ever since. After 2.5 pregnancies (during which I could not keep weight on) my thyroid seems to be back within tollerance. Unfortunately, after each pregnancy the weight came back on as soon as I quit nursing.

I have been dieting for more years than I care to count (decades, lots of decades). What the doctors are telling me now is that I under-eat and my body stays in famine mode so it hoards everything it can. My doctor has now put me on a 1700 calory diet to be distributed among 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I couldn't imagine losing on 1700 calories! I have a hard time getting that many calories unless I eat a lot of junk, but I'm trying and have lost about 17 pounds in the last 2 months.

I have been told all my life that I need to eat less and now I'm losing because I'm eating more. Is that bizarre or what?!? The doctor did say that once I establish the 1700 calory level we will gradually reduce to 1200 calories. I haven't been able to get to the 1700 level yet, but I'm trying. It all seems very backward, but seems to be working.
75 pounds in 90 days??? How active are you, or did I miss that part? A "diet" is something that you'll come off of, it NEEDS to be a lifestyle as vabeachgirlNYC stated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.