Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
  #71  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 170
Default Issues.

I totally agree with you Mike. Excuses helped me get to 420 pounds (on a 5'7" body).
No excuses helped me lose down to 215.
Excuses - The Come Back Tour - helped me creep back up to 306.
No excuses - now - helped me lose 23 pounds in THREE WEEKS. Yes, that's THREE WEEKS.
My partner lives by excuses, she always says she has a bad back, water gives her heartburn (so she HAS to drink non-diet soda), she hates vegetables, her feet hurt, she's tired... blah blah blah. It makes me want to choke her sometimes. I just hate watching how useless she's become.

Oh and my neighbor who is a personal trainer told me this: "Say the word 'issue' really slowly... hear it? IT'S YOU!" I thought that was great.

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 04-03-2010 at 06:17 PM.
SkinnyErinn is offline  
Old 04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
  #72  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,227
Default

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn View Post
I totally agree with you Mike. Excuses helped me get to 420 pounds (on a 5'7" body).
No excuses helped me lose down to 215.
Excuses - The Come Back Tour - helped me creep back up to 306.
No excuses - now - helped me lose 23 pounds in THREE WEEKS. Yes, that's THREE WEEKS.
My partner lives by excuses, she always says she has a bad back, water gives her heartburn (so she HAS to drink non-diet soda), she hates vegetables, her feet hurt, she's tired... blah blah blah. It makes me want to choke her sometimes. I just hate watching how useless she's become.

Oh and my neighbor who is a personal trainer told me this: "Say the word 'issue' really slowly... hear it? IT'S YOU!" I thought that was great.
23 pounds in 3 weeks, you must be busting your ass. Great job! "I just hate watching how useless she's become." is a bold statement and I LOVE IT! Too many of us say "it's okay baby" when it's not okay. We say what is 'nice' b/c we think that's the right thing to do. I was thinking... (I know this is totally bad but it goes to show how much we want to hear the right thing), what if someone asked Tiger Woods "was it worth it, were all the affairs really worth it?" and he replied "Hell yeah, I had a blast with all those different women!" you know everyone would be in shock. Even though what he did was terrible, you'd have to think that if he wasn't having the time of his life doing it, he wouldn't have done it. I know that was a very bad analogy but I couldn't think of a better way to put it.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM
  #73  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Hey! Very inspiring! Congrats on losing all that weight. I'm good with keeping on track on the diet for about 2-3 weeks, then something will happen and I'll start binge eating and put it all back on! any sugestions?
Deeoxide is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
  #74  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,227
Default

Originally Posted by Deeoxide View Post
Hey! Very inspiring! Congrats on losing all that weight. I'm good with keeping on track on the diet for about 2-3 weeks, then something will happen and I'll start binge eating and put it all back on! any sugestions?
give yourself 1 cheat day every couple weeks or a cheat meal every week. That should help keep you from falling totally off the wagon.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
  #75  
Super Moderator
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Deeoxide, I would also like to suggest that you find an eating plan you can live with, rather than a diet you go "on" and "off." Make cumulative small changes over time and then you won't feel as deprived and likely to get derailed. It is truly a cliche, but successful weight loss is really about lifestyle change rather than dieting and then going back to the way things were. Plan, plan, plan...what is the saying, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail?
cjohnson728 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 PM
  #76  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 61
Default Way to go on reaching your goal and maintaining

Hey Cassie- Way to go- proud of you.
mandevil7 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
  #77  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Wow, I thought I could be harsh. I take it that you and your doctor have a good relationship for him to come out like that. It sounds like your weight gain was out of your control, but your weight loss will be of your control.
My doctor once told me there is only one exercise that is guaranteed to make you lose weight- pushing yourself away from the table!
mandevil7 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
  #78  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 4
Default

Great job!

I love the no BS attitude!! That is the approach I have taken, and because of it I've lost 121 lbs.

I kinda got a little tired after busting my arse for a year and a half, and spent a few months being lazy. I just recently got back on the "No Excuses" wagon. Thankfully I didn't gain any of the weight back! Now I just have to kick this last 35 lbs to the curb.

Oh, and you look fantastic!!
paisley_jane is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 08:29 PM
  #79  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,227
Default

Originally Posted by paisley_jane View Post
Great job!

I love the no BS attitude!! That is the approach I have taken, and because of it I've lost 121 lbs.

I kinda got a little tired after busting my arse for a year and a half, and spent a few months being lazy. I just recently got back on the "No Excuses" wagon. Thankfully I didn't gain any of the weight back! Now I just have to kick this last 35 lbs to the curb.

Oh, and you look fantastic!!
holy crap, 121 lbs!! Congrats, I'm sure you look and feel great! Sound like you know what to do to drop the next 35, do what works. Thank you for the compliment.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM
  #80  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,227
Default

just figured I'd bump this back up as a reminder.
01gt4.6 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.