FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   What are you eating... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3146-what-you-eating.html)

kcolville 01-26-2011 11:51 AM

i am currently drinking my big chug of water and just took some frozen cut up peaches out of the freezer... now i am slowly eating those. The frozen fruit tastes so good cold and crisp plus takes longer to eat :)

williamscouple 01-26-2011 02:04 PM

Just finished breakfast. Egg white and ham on a whole grain english muffin.

[email protected] 01-26-2011 02:31 PM

Treated myself to a high protein scramble this morning
Sautee together 1/2 diced onion, 3 oz diced turkey breast, 1/4 cup salsa, black pepper
Let that fry up awhile (add a little water to prevent sticking)
After that cooks down a bit, add in 4 egg whites and stir gently to combine
When the omelet firms up, turn off the heat, lay on top a nice slice of low fat cheese
(I used Swiss this morning) Cover with a pot lid for a few minutes while the cheese melts..........Breakfast is served with a nice black coffee on the side :)

281 total tasty cals----6.3g fat- 14g carb and 39.8g of protein
Also good if you add in diced green pepper, jalapeno or habanero!
Vamos a comer, mis amigos!

mecompco 01-26-2011 02:51 PM


Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 33663)
Treated myself to a high protein scramble this morning
Sautee together 1/2 diced onion, 3 oz diced turkey breast, 1/4 cup salsa, black pepper
Let that fry up awhile (add a little water to prevent sticking)
After that cooks down a bit, add in 4 egg whites and stir gently to combine
When the omelet firms up, turn off the heat, lay on top a nice slice of low fat cheese
(I used Swiss this morning) Cover with a pot lid for a few minutes while the cheese melts..........Breakfast is served with a nice black coffee on the side :)

Albie, that sounds great--I love omelets. I like a little cheese and salsa in mine, though the turkey sounds good too. I've never tried egg whites--during the week I use generic egg beaters and on the weekends real eggs.

In about 10 minutes I'm having my lunch. Today it is 2 oz of steak cubed up on a slice of provolone cheese on light wheat bread w/mustard and dill pickles with a low cal/no fat blueberry yogurt for dessert. Yum!

Regards,
Michael

canary52 01-26-2011 03:16 PM

Now? Everything in sight. It's 11am. Already I have had a whole wheat English muffin, a fabulous plain omelet. Then an hour or two later, I ate leftovers from last night, which is the meal I want to talk about. I made broiled shrimp and scallops with garlic and herbs, herbed couscous with almonds and dried cranberries and a wonderful orange infused chili bean and pureed squash dish-yummy!

I have just eaten the leftover shrimp and scallops-cold- plus 3 strawberries. I opened up a bag of very disappointing Mission figlets and ate one- they are going back (yeah right I'll probably toss them.) I am contemplating the dark chocolate I hide in my bookshelves.

Stop me before I eat again!!!


Can we say irritable husband with bad back, demanding child, oncoming snow day, cabin fever? Hey that is a mouthful...speaking of mouthfuls...where is that chocolate?

vabeachgirlNYC 01-26-2011 06:01 PM

Now I want chocolate!:mad: OMG, are Cadbury eggs out yet?!!!:eek: And whatever happened to girl scout cookies? I don't think we have them here anymore.:(

I was lazy so I just a frozen egg breakfast w/veggie sausage and coffee.:p

430cals 15fat 38carbs 35protein for the day so far.

cjohnson728 01-26-2011 06:23 PM

Hope. Take a deep breath. Meditate...even better.

Tell yourself you're in control now, and you can always stop before it gets worse. I had to do this myself last night and sure enough I didn't wake up all groggy and bloated and depressed. Well, I was groggy, but that was because of not enough sleep.

You can always choose right now to start being good again.

Oh, and I just ate a fiber bar. Needed chocolate myself and that was the best choice :p.

williamscouple 01-26-2011 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33698)
Now I want chocolate!:mad: OMG, are Cadbury eggs out yet?!!!:eek: And whatever happened to girl scout cookies? I don't think we have them here anymore.:(

I was lazy so I just a frozen egg breakfast w/veggie sausage and coffee.:p

430cals 15fat 38carbs 35protein for the day so far.

OMG Cadbury eggs are out!!! And I have avoided any place that has them. Most people either love them or hate them. Unfortunately, I fall under the love category. But must be strong!! Also dodged the girl scout cookies this year. yay!

Lizzycritter 01-26-2011 07:06 PM

I did really well with Cadbury eggs last year, only had two. They call out to me...

At the moment I have 2 celery stalks and a glass of water, and it tastes really good. Fresh crunchy celery is a good stress reliever for me, and it leaves my mouth feeling clean : ) Looking forward to dinner, fake fried pork chops (baked with a spicy cornflake coating), green beans, and still deciding on a side dish. Home fries maybe if the potatoes are still good. I haven't cooked "real" food in days.

canary52 01-26-2011 07:12 PM


Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 33703)
Hope. Take a deep breath. Meditate...even better.

Tell yourself you're in control now, and you can always stop before it gets worse. I had to do this myself last night and sure enough I didn't wake up all groggy and bloated and depressed. Well, I was groggy, but that was because of not enough sleep.

You can always choose right now to start being good again.

Oh, and I just ate a fiber bar. Needed chocolate myself and that was the best choice :p.

Darling, if only you got to me before I got to the chocolate. But I did not eat it all! I had some and locked the rest in my desk. In a locked drawer. With a key, which I unfortunatly have. I am still hungry. But not for chocolate. Probably for peace and sleep and spring.

Cadbury Eggs not my thing. Non dairy dark chocolate for me. Oh and sour straws. Love me my sour straws. At the movies. With the disgusting movie popcorn. Yum.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.