FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   What are you eating... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3146-what-you-eating.html)

vabeachgirlNYC 01-27-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 33900)
Oh, yes, my wife and I were both GS leaders (they needed a camping certified leader, so I went to leader camp--it was literally myself and 300 women. At least I got my own tent and there was one deep voice singing Kumbaya at the camp fire) :D

Anyway, my wife has recently informed me that she has "ordered one box of each" GS cookies :eek:.

Of course, I'll eat none, whatsoever (instead of my prior full box of thin mints and quart of milk at once sitting).

Regards,
Michael

It's funny because the GSCCC headquarters is about 20 minutes away. You think I could find some cookies!!!:mad: OMG, I'm going to have to hunt down a girl scout!:eek:

canary52 01-27-2011 07:30 AM

pb and j an apple and some Fig Newmans. A little kid lunch.

RunbikeSki 01-27-2011 10:49 AM

Left-over conish game hen on toasted WW pita with hummus, topped with a little tomato and lettuce - my how hoity-toity!

almeeker 01-27-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33920)
It's funny because the GSCCC headquarters is about 20 minutes away. You think I could find some cookies!!!:mad: OMG, I'm going to have to hunt down a girl scout!:eek:

Look no further, I live with 3 of them and I'm also a Brownie leader. You name it, I have crates of it in my pantry. Actually when it comes to cookies, the GS Thin Mint is not a bad option, only 35 calories each, all of them bad for you but a 35 calorie binge can be worked into a daily budget here and there.

almeeker 01-27-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33723)
I need to find a girl scout! I want a thin mint sooo bad!:mad:

Keebler makes a 1/2 decent knock-off, called "Grasshoppers".

almeeker 01-27-2011 12:00 PM

We just finished dinner, pan seared slow roasted pork tenderloin, milk pan gravy, sweet potatoes Lindsay (sweet potatoes with dried cranberries, maple syrup, butter and pecans), red freezer slaw and dinner rolls. I should have skipped the dinner roll, it put me over for the day.

vabeachgirlNYC 01-30-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 33956)
Look no further, I live with 3 of them and I'm also a Brownie leader. You name it, I have crates of it in my pantry. Actually when it comes to cookies, the GS Thin Mint is not a bad option, only 35 calories each, all of them bad for you but a 35 calorie binge can be worked into a daily budget here and there.

I can't believe I can't find one even one little GS! :mad: Eat just one TM cookie? Hahahaha!!!!

Someone else told me about the grasshopper kind. I tasted one and it's not a thin mint! I want the real stuff if I'm going to cheat! :D

ETA: I'm eating grapes right now.

mecompco 01-31-2011 02:01 AM

One Thin Mint--that's funny--I don't ever remember eating less than a full box at a time. I'm better off totally abstaining!

Now, I'm looking forward to my lunch in about an hour: 2oz of tuna w/reduced cal mayo and relish on low cal "whole wheat" bread, followed by half a cup of 1% cottage cheese for dessert. The four pineapple rings I had for my mid-morning snack are already wearing a bit thin--don't those fructosey carbs burn off quick!

Regards,
Michael

taubele 01-31-2011 03:13 AM

I switched it up a bit for breakfast this morning -- I had a 100% whole wheat thin-cut bagel (Thomas' -- actually only 110 cals per bagel), spread with peanut butter, and a glass of 2% milk (probably about a cup and a half of it). We are having a protein morning! About 400 delicious cals which I needed, since I had a very low-cal day (952 total) yesterday and I was feeling famished when I woke up.

quinnesec 01-31-2011 03:32 AM

Oatmeal with FF milk and a 1/2 banana added for the last minute of cooking. Nice on a snowy morning. :)

quinn