Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
What foods do you eat in order to lose weight? >

What foods do you eat in order to lose weight?

Notices

What foods do you eat in order to lose weight?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

@midwestj--I read your food log and WOW you average about 260 grams of carbs per day!

You also seem to really have to work out hard in the gym--no kidding! Eating that many carbs per day you would have to.

It just doesn't have to be that difficult.

The notion is to eat as much great food as you want and exercise is something that you do that feels good and isn't 'work' and that everything is sustainable for life.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Zorba, you are ridiculous and condescending. You know nothing about me and my abilities to do research. You are outspoken and beligerant.

I should not have engaged you in the first place. Please do us all a favor and stay off this forum. Why do you feel such a compulsive need to convince us all that your fad diet is the only way to live? I actually agree with a lot of your points but if you think for one second you can continuously provide a link to some web site and cite that as fact, then you are the one who needs a lesson in research. You can't even stay on point. No one argued with you that the level of obesity is at an all time high and yet you keep throwing that in our faces.

Every single one of us members here, came to this forum because we were looking to exhange ideas and find support. You have rammed your opinions down our throats and whenever one of us argues your point, you respond with words like, "Wrong!" and ask for a source. Please let it go and move on. I have nothing more to add.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Zorba, you are ridiculous and condescending. You know nothing about me and my abilities to do research. You are outspoken and beligerant.
Wow. Are you allowed to get personal and draw conclusions about people on this forum? Kind of harsh.

I should not have engaged you in the first place.
But you did, and when you found that your arguments were straw man at best, you needed to result in personal attacks.

Please do us all a favor and stay off this forum. Why do you feel such a compulsive need to convince us all that your fad diet is the only way to live?
LOL fad diet! Yeah, the way our ancestors ate and lived was SUCH a fad lol...wow.

I actually agree with a lot of your points but if you think for one second you can continuously provide a link to some web site and cite that as fact, then you are the one who needs a lesson in research.
There is NOTHING that I have stated that is made up or contrived or driven by the best interest of large corporations: eat meat, vegetables, fruits nuts and seeds...yeah...THAT sounds like a fad lol!

You can't even stay on point. No one argued with you that the level of obesity is at an all time high and yet you keep throwing that in our faces.
Um, you did. You basically said that it was my 'belief' and my 'view of the world'...I simply provided the facts to support my 'belief'.

Every single one of us members here, came to this forum because we were looking to exhange ideas and find support. You have rammed your opinions down our throats and whenever one of us argues your point, you respond with words like, "Wrong!" and ask for a source. Please let it go and move on. I have nothing more to add.
People are on this forum to lose weight, yet the advice given is counter-productive or unsustainable for lifelong change. Living Primal is not only healthy but it is a sustainable way to thrive. Yeah, I am passionate about it because I live it and it is easy. Sorry, but when I am challenged on what I know to be true, I don't go away quietly.

Grains are not only unnecessary, they are flat out unhealthy. I have provided evidence to support that and the nation is a walking billboard for that. What more do you need?

Conventional wisdom runs rampant throughout this forum and as soon as conventional wisdom gets challenged, I guess you subject yourself to personal attack.

*shrug* who knew?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Its really too bad there aren't moderators here.

When you said you have never dealt with a weight issue you have lost all credibility in my book, no matter how much "science" you think you are backing it up with. I'll write this is caps so you get it: YOU CAN'T GIVE WEIGHT LOSS ADVICE TO PEOPLE WHEN YOU HAVE NO WEIGHT LOSS TO SHOW FOR YOUR OWN ADVICE.

I went to college and LEARNED how to research, the first thing I learned was be subjective about everything you learn. They also told me to be careful when gathering information from .com websites.

You seem more brainwashed by whats on that website than anything, and you certainly don't seem very subjective.

Don't tell us you are trying to help us, the way you spread your message makes you sound like some know it all jerk with an anti social personality and a fetish for being right. You'll pull anything out of your bag of tricks to try and win an argument. You single handedly deteriorated this discussion topic into something that smells worse than those cavemen you strive to be like. You are there on a personal communication level let me tell you that much.

I'm going to stop posting here in this topic.

And Zorba you owe an apology to the main poster.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Have you tried egg whites? I scramble them and chop up onion, fresh tomatoes, and clontro. I all so like to put hot pepper flakes in them. I buy the the egg whites by the milk carten. I use them for my hubby's fried egg sandwicthes to. They are very low in cal. and can be filling for breakfast.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

Eat 3-4 servings of raw fruits and vegetables daily.
grapefruit, watermelon,
oranges, gooseberry, strawberry, kiwi, mangoes
berries, grapes

Old 09-20-2021, 08:41 PM
FitDay Member

Everything. Because all products have benefits
Old 10-11-2021, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

to lose weight, I prefer to eat healthy food without harmful chemical additives. i like smoked food. I think it's tasty and healthy. I do not buy smoked products in stores. I prefer to cook them myself in my smoker. I carefully chose the smoker for myself, read a lot of reviews and looked at the reviews. it helped me to choose a quality product. sure you should get this too

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 04-13-2022 at 04:48 AM. Reason: link
Old 10-12-2021, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

you know..this has been so informative. i dont think i would found all this at one place anywhere else. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2021, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

I try to eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, grains and natural protein.
I eat a lot of greens, red vegetables, green vegetables, yellow vegetables.
Bananas, strawberries, apples, mangoes, pineapples.
A lot of different cereals, quinoa, wheat, buckwheat.
Eggs, cottage cheese, legumes, nuts, dried fruits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.