Notices

Sugar content

Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar in our food logs

I'm diabetic and sugar was a concern i had as well, but my doctor told me recently that our bodies don't really differentiate between a teaspoon of raw sugar and a bowl of rice - a carb is a carb, etc. So, while I avoid quick sugar hits like soda, candy, etc., completely and go with carbs that are absorbed more slowly like whole grains, I mainly try hard to limit my total carbs and to spread my intake over the day. (I'm not an Atkins follower, but I like what I read from a Dr. Bernstein. I don't try to be as strict as he recommends, but kind of split the difference between his call for around 100 carbs and the ADA recommendation (for my height and weight) of around 300 carbs per day.) So far, so good - slowly but steadily coming down from 290+ last Jan. to 255 now. Pete
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default I am having trouble entering custom food items

I have been entering food items using the custom part when I have a food label. Currently I am entering lowfat yogurt from the label. The custom templete doesn't have a category for SUGAR and the yogurt says it has 23g of sugar....is there a way to add a category to the custom food label?

Thanks,
Marcia
Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I hope that we will have a way to track sugar as well as net carbs, but not as of yet. These 2 areas seem to be a popular request. Welcome to FitDay btw.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default No "Sugars" on nutrition label

I love the fitday food journal, although I think they could have a lot more foods in the data base (fast foods meals, name brands etc). Anyways one problem I have found is that on the custom nutritional info there is no "sugars" space. I found this really weird...especially because tracking your sugars can be so important, and sometimes you don't even know how much you're eating until you see it right in front of your face. Just wondering why it is not included.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

i actually just posted a question about that without seeing this first. It does bother me.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Net carbs

I would love you to add net carbs to our overview. Especially Overall net carbs and netcarbs from vegetables. That way it will be easier to track my Atkins diet instead of going back and forth adding and subtracting.

carbohydrates-fiber-sugar alcohol= NET CARBS

also there is no tracking of sugar or sugar alcohol and this is a must for diabetics.
Thanks for listening. I hope to see this for free on my chart real soon.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Why No Sugar Option?

Does anyone know why there is no area to add "sugar" on the nutrition part of "create a food"? It just seems weird that you can add everything else, e.g., calories, fibre, fat etc. except sugar!? What's with that?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jackieramsay
Does anyone know why there is no area to add "sugar" on the nutrition part of "create a food"? It just seems weird that you can add everything else, e.g., calories, fibre, fat etc. except sugar!? What's with that?
Hello, and welcome to the FitDay forums.

As this is a support question, I moved your post to the appropriate forum.

FitDay, at the moment, tracks only total carbs, which includes "sugar". I know the programmers are working on a number of updates and changes, so this may change in the future.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks micheal!

Thanks for that answer about sugar and I don't really understand how to use discussion boards....so it's a hit and miss! I'll have to ask a teenager, I guess. Fit Day is awesome.
Jackie
Old 01-26-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Question Why no sugar counts?

I agree, as someone who goes overboard easily on sugar, I really need to be able to track my grams of sugar intake. I have lost 55lbs so far, but am stalled. Does the advance version track sugar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.