Notices

Sugar content

Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

I agree. There are certain things it seems that are only controlled by the creator on the programming side. I would love to see sugar as an option as well, but it is a free service so I don't worry about what the system doesn't offer. I'm just so very thankful for what it does. Hopefully as the site evolves there will be changes. For instance, I was hoping to share information with friends and recently found you can share an overview with friends. Maybe this is new or just new for me but love that it's available either way.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Where do I list "sugar grams" in a custom food?

Are "Sugar grams" the same as "alcohol grams"?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Unfortunately, sugar is not tracked in Fitday. It is an enhancement that many users would like to see and has been brought to the attention of Fitday support.
Sugar is a Carbohydrate so when you read the nutrition information on a package (at least in the US) sugar is always a sub-category of total carbohydrates. So if a pack says:
CARBOHYDRATES 6
FIBER 1
SUGAR 3
then 6 represents the total of the carbohydrates including fiber and sugar. For Fitday you can enter only the total and the fiber amounts.

Sugar grams are not the same as alcohol grams. Alcohol has apprx. 7 calories/gram whereas sugar (as all carbohydrate) has apprx. 4 calories/gram.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

what Ron said.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Great info!

Thank you very much! Extremely helpful.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation

I would also like to see sugar be included in the nutritional info. I'm not diabetic but I'm a picky eater with a love of sweets, so keeping track of my sugar intake is just as important to me as it as to diabetics. Please add this!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

this has already been addressed. We are working on many, many improvements for our site and one by one they are happening. Just hang tight.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar, bleh

Maybe because sugar has absolutely no nutritional value what so ever. In fact it actually robs the body of vitamins and minerals as it's metabolized. Why would you want to eat that?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

My friend that gave me this site only can have 5 grams of sugar(total) per serving or less when eating a meal....so I just started watching my labels for the sugar content around that amount and I saw a big difference in the first week of changing my sugars and carbs intake plus my portion sizes.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

This was the first thing I noticed was missing..... I am a diabetic, Id love to track my sugar intake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.