Community
Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 05-25-2010, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Great job on W7D1 Avelina. I remember that too....being so amazed at the fact that at week 1 I felt like I was going to keel over and die to running 25 minutes....What an amazing feeling. I bet you are ecstatic right now. Great job!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

I ran day 2 of week 1 today and it was wonderful! The sun is shining but it was cool enough this morning to run comfortably... a welcome relief from our 3-day heat wave. I love this program!

I have also completed 2 power walks since Sunday and had a great bike ride on Monday. This has been a stellar week so far for me! I feel really great. Have an amazing day, Everyone!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I too did this program a little over a year ago and made it up to running 25 minutes straight thru, considering I never ran before in my life.

Then I had an injury that set me back and could not run for the longest time. I have struggled a couple times to re-start but could NEVER run outside everytime I tried. Air quality or whatever ALWAYS threw me off and I did not have a treadmill at home or gym access for some time.

I just recently got back into my fitness (knee is healed) and bought a treadmill last week for the home so I immediately began my running program again all through the cool running site. wkd2 is where I am and finding the re-start pretty smooth. I think however I will go MUCH slower this time around making sure I do not re-injure my knee. I want to run that 5k for myself alone. No plans for runs, just doing it for my health and wanting to stay fit.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread and helping use this as some motivation as well from you all.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, itsallaboutd! Of course we don't mind you jumping in, the more the merrier! I too am being very careful not to injure my knees. Considering I weigh 197, I really want to avoid being out of commission. I think it is so great that you made it up to 25 minutes of straight running!

I run outside and I really love it. I'd love to have a treadmill at home but there wouldn't be anywhere for me to have one in my condo. However whenever weather is a big problem, I know I can go to the gym which is a 5-minute walk from where I live.

Congratulations for restarting the C25K program. I hope you will find this thread helpful to stay motivated.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 05-29-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Completed Week 1

Yay! I just completed week 1 and I am actually looking forward to starting week 2 on Monday.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

I seem to be stuck on week 4. Ohh well, I'll just repeat this week until I'm ready to move up to week 5. Running 5 minutes straight is a killer for me!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

I just wanted to post to tell you all to keep up the good work! I started a similar program a little over a year ago after having never run in my life. I hated to run. I don't even think I ran as a kid since I disliked it so much! Anyway, I worked at it a little at a time and am running my first 10k race on Memorial Day! I never would have thought that I could go 6.2 miles after not being able to run 1/4 mile my first time out. Keep going. If I can do it, so can you! It actually can get addicting!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Luckygirl, don't worry about how long it will take... at least that's my motto. The point is that you are getting out there 3 X week and working on your fitness. It's soooo good for you. At least that's what I'm telling myself because I'm sure I'll have to repeat a week or two at some point!

Mambogirl, that is amazing! Thanks so much for the encouragement. A 10k race? Good for you! I actually wouldn't mind getting addicted to running. It sure beats being addicted to cookies!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

thanks mtlgrl.. I will definitely need the motivation to keep me going since I am not hitting the gyms anymore.

I just finished W1D4 (did one extra day to be sure) and moving up to my second week

My work schedule takes me away from home every other week for 4 days so no treadmill access for me.. so each week of running will actually take me 2 wks to complete. Plenty of time to make sure I get it down pact, I hope lol.

Luckygrl.. its ok to be stuck. It happens to us all, just keep trying
Old 05-31-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

I completed week 7 yesterday and it wasn't too bad at all. That's four runs at 25 minutes now. Tomorrow I start 28 minutes. Only two weeks left for me, then I need to figure out what goals to set next.
Lucky, you are doing great! Don't worry about repeating weeks, as long as you are out there exercising and building endurance, that's great. You'll know when you're ready to move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.