Community
Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

ok...I am really bummed. I wanted to start this program today and I am out of remission from this illness I have. Now I don't know when I will be able to start and I am trying not to let it bother me but I was so excited about beginning again.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Aw Jackie, I am really sorry to hear that. I hope that this bout does not last long at all! In the meantime just keep eating healthy and checking in here regularly for support and motivation. That's why we're all here after all.

I'm bummed for you too.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning to the C25K team!

I just completed Week 2 Day 3 so Sunday I'll be starting Week 3. Yay! I can hardly wait... Yesterday I also started the Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred workout on dvd. Today I am really feeling it! Holy moly, it is one intense workout but it's only 30 minutes long so on the days I am not running I will do the Shred. After just 2 weeks of regular exercise I already feel AMAZING!

Have a great Friday, Everyone!

P.S. Jackie, thinking of you and hoping you feel better asap.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:02 PM
FitDay Member

I completed week 8 day 3 today, so Monday is the beginning of my last week of C25K!! 30 minutes, I almost can't believe I did it. I remember when 5 minutes was so hard. It hasn't felt like it gets easier every week but I don't think it's meant to. It doesn't feel so difficult that I can't do it though. One more week!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Lord willing I am going to start this program tomorrow. I will have to stay close to home probably go around a block about 12 times...but hey who cares. I am going to give it a shot. I have had a rough week but I am beginning to feel a little better and I want to start. I refuse to let this keep me down.

Great job MTgirl...W3 Yeah....before you know it you will be running 20-30 minutes straight.

Avelina...no more intervals...WOW...you will be graduating soon. Do you plan to move on to any of the other programs or just stick with this for a while? Good job!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Jackie, I am really thrilled to hear that you feel like you can start the program tomorrow! I am so impressed with you and your positivity. It's inspiring.

I went on an 8K powerwalk today... in the pouring rain so I will actually start week 3 tomorrow morning. Today's walk knocked me out! Being rained on is one thing, walking uphill for the first 35 minutes is another but all of it combined, just tired me out! I took a hot bath afterwards and feel good.

Way to go Avelina! Amazing job!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo! Started week 3 today and loved it! It was a little hard to jump from 90-second runs to 3 minutes but I kept told myself, "This is supposed to be hard." And I pushed through and afterwards I felt so victorious, I felt like Rocky Balboa!

Have a great day. Everyone!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

I just finished day 1 of week 9. 30 minutes didn't feel much harder than 28 minutes but I was ready to stop when I was done. Something that helps me is not looking at my watch too much, especially at the start of my run. I try to pick out a landmark far ahead and tell myself that I won't check my watch until I reach that point. I hate when I check and I still have 20 minutes to go!

tjkhoover, I'm so proud of you for starting again so soon! As far as what I'm going to do next, I think I'm going to work on running a certain distance as opposed to time, so I'll try to run 5k (which I don't do even in 30 minutes yet!) but attempt to improve my speed each time I do it. I'd be happy with running 5k three times a week, at least for a while. My goals will probably change with time.

Today's run :http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/cur...0635&success=1

Last edited by avelina; 06-07-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: added route
Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Avelina: Congrats on that run and goals!!! WOW that's awesome!

I just completed Week 5 day 1 today. I was extremely sweaty and had to pump myself up throughout the 5 minute jogging sessions... "Come on, your half way there, you can do it no problem!!!"

I'm nervous for Day 2 this week on Wednesday which is an 8 minute jog...so we will see how that goes!

I'm using the treadmill at the gym (I'm too self conscious yet to run in public) What speed does everyone run at? I've been jogging at about 4.7 and wondering if that's too fast or slow.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Luckygirl, I have to talk myself through every run too, as if I have to convince myself to keep going. I wonder if that will ever stop? Week 5 is a hard week, I remember it being one of my most difficult, but it is possible and you will feel so great after it's done. Week 6 may even feel easier after week 5. Please let us know how it goes!
I usually run about 5.0-5.2. I only know this after entering my run on the walkjogrun site. As I'm running I have no idea how fast I'm going. Today I was at 5.0 but I felt like it was faster. I should use a treadmill on occasion to get a better idea of what the pace feels like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.