Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-15-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Pam and Nik – can you tell me about Power Cleans and Ramps? I thought this had something to do with keeping your ADA access from growing mold.
Hahahaha! Abby check this video out: Hang Clean Form - YouTube
I've never seen clear plates before

Well it sounds like many of us (except maybe Abby and Nik, who are killing their workouts) are suffering from a little holiday slump. Given all the additional obligations due to the holidays on work, family, church and other organizations, and general home maintenance, it is no wonder. Actually taking a little break isn't a bad idea. Just don't let the little break stretch into months.

One of the things I have done in the past with success is to pick a day to restart the exercise program. Post it on your calendar and follow through come hell or high water.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Yes its getting colder here, tho not as cold as below freezing.

It has been very rainy lately so I put my steps-mini stairclimber type thingy in the livingroom and hop on with my heart rate monitor on instead of running outside in the rain.

This is rather boring tho, I can't see myself keeping it up for the same amount of time as I can spend outside jogging/run-walk-running.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Well it sounds like many of us (except maybe Abby and Nik, who are killing their workouts) are suffering from a little holiday slump.
Today I joined the slumpers - skipped my second spin class in a week - I'll have to hide from Tim!

Lucious, boring is something a lot of people complain about with workouts - I've never found it, I find my mind can do whatever it wants then! Keep at it, save mental problems for your run!

Abby
Old 12-16-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default December workouts

You are sooo RIGHT. This month, with all the fixins, and the recovery from Thanksgiving......

I did get in 40 minutes of strength/resistance training this am, before work.

However i want to do some cardio this evening. (Elliptical) 30 mins approximately.

Does anyone know of what we can pick for our activity in the fitday section for this exercise??

Thanks for the help. love this website and this forum/thread.

Todd in KC
Old 12-16-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tg000018
You are sooo RIGHT. This month, with all the fixins, and the recovery from Thanksgiving......

I did get in 40 minutes of strength/resistance training this am, before work.

However i want to do some cardio this evening. (Elliptical) 30 mins approximately.

Does anyone know of what we can pick for our activity in the fitday section for this exercise??

Thanks for the help. love this website and this forum/thread.

Todd in KC
Hi Todd,
A lot of people complain about not finding elliptical in the exercise directory. I think the closest activity is probably running. If your elliptical has any of the fancy stuff that allows you to calculate calories or some form of exersion, use that number to adjust your "running" numbers.
If not, make your best estimate. I usually try underestimate the numbers by a bit so I don't get disappointed when the pounds are not falling off .

Yesterday was CrossFit - I was certainly cross. One of the girls kept getting in my way and I just wasn't feeling it to begin with, so I had a mini, and not really visable, temper tantrum (through a jump rope and was a little aggresive in dropping a plate). But once that was over and I finished the WOD, I felt 100% better. Ah the power of exercise.

I think part of my temper issues is that I may be missing my runs. I haven't run for a couple of weeks due to one thing or another so I will definitely get one in on Sunday.

Abby I am sure you will get some form of exercise in over the weekend, if only walking to complete your shopping list.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

I had a squat/lunge/deadlift session a few days ago and oh boy did I feel my lower body this morning. I actually had trouble getting into and out of my car and spent all day at work limping around taking baby steps. My glutes are still tender
Old 12-16-2011, 11:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
I had a squat/lunge/deadlift session a few days ago and oh boy did I feel my lower body this morning. I actually had trouble getting into and out of my car and spent all day at work limping around taking baby steps. My glutes are still tender

Ohh, I know that feeling. You did squats and lunges . No wonder you are sore. But I know you have been at this for quite sometime, so I am sure you know what you are doing. I'm still not a big fan of lunges - I think it is the balance part of it. I know they are great for all kinds of stuff including the core, but I usually quietly groan to myself when I see them on the workout list.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

WooHoo! Did my first 10 mile run this morning Felt awesome!! I could definitely feel the last 2 miles... my time was 1:41, 10:07 pace. The only part that seems to hurt are my shoulders...
Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
WooHoo! Did my first 10 mile run this morning Felt awesome!! I could definitely feel the last 2 miles... my time was 1:41, 10:07 pace. The only part that seems to hurt are my shoulders...
I haven't run 10 miles since I was in cross country in HS.

I'm curious, what was the most prior to this? I'm still working at completing 4+. Been too long since I ran consistently and now I realize I've been living in my past, that I'm not that guy any more. Yet.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I haven't run 10 miles since I was in cross country in HS.

I'm curious, what was the most prior to this? I'm still working at completing 4+. Been too long since I ran consistently and now I realize I've been living in my past, that I'm not that guy any more. Yet.
The longest I've ran prior to this was a little over 8 miles, I also ran 7.9 earlier this week- I think it was Tuesday.
There's also St. Patrick's Day 1/2 coming up and I'm tempted to enter, I just want to be sure it's do-able.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.