Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 11-26-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, people!

I found a great way to workout at home when I don't have time to go to the gym...and these girls are great...see it for yourself!
I hope it'll work for you like it works for me
There are workouts from part 1 to part 8 and some more...find it for yourself and you'll burn your soul out

Pump It Up! part 1 - YouTube
Old 11-26-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sillyrunner20
I'm new! (To the forumn)

I did a 40 min bootcamp class (I actually get course credit for it at my college) It's mostly periods high intensity cardio followed by moving rest. Sprints, crunches, burpees, more sprints, mountain climbers, lunges, decline push-ups, slides, whatever the hell instructor wants to throw at us. His words when we entered the class were "If we see tires, we jump over them. If we see a car, we'll flip it" d=

I just got out of the weight room doing squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, and lat pull down. Guys are always looking at me like, wtf,a girl not on the eliptical?

Tommorow I'm running 4 miles and enjoying Turkey day. d=
I've always wanted to try a boot camp. But ended up joining CrossFit which is pretty close1. BTW best thing to do in the weight room is to ignore the guys. They'll get used to you eventually. But by all means, keep up the training - sounds like you are on a great program. How did your Turkey trot go???

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Welcome SillyRunner - I know what you mean about being an unexpected woman in the weight room, I have less self confidence than you, and my gym nicely has the big weight room, and separately a few sets of free weights (plenty heavy enough for me) in another area. The guys are always nice, and I've never felt they didn't want me there, I'm just more comfortable in the other area.

I got two great runs in on the cape - thought of you Pam as you are always running in beautiful places. I got about 4 miles each day, and experienced a variety of textures underfoot, sand, pine needles, leaves, mud (I walked and picked my way around that). Truly magic!

Stay strong!
Ahh, your runs do sound magical. Glad you found/made the time. I am guessing that the weather was lovely. I talk to my MIL (Lexington MA)today who said she took her walk in shirt sleeves, didn't need a jacket.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Welcome Sillyrunner I'm the slackered in the group and count housework and sitting in my infrared sauna as exercise. I prefer to do fun things such as curling, biking etc however I need to get to be a more regular attendee at the gym. Next week is it for getting back to the Y.

Mary

Naaw you're not a slacker... just taking a little break . But it is time to get your butt back in gear, girl.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I think my new running partner is trying to kill me!

We've been taking turns picking the long runs. Today was his turn. He mentioned that the 11 mile course had a pretty big hill. "Pretty big hill" turned out to be a 700 foot climb over ~3 miles. Which meant roughly the same on the downhill. The first couple of miles were nice, but then the knees started aching & I'm sure my quads will be complaining tomorrow.

More or less unbeknownst to me, he also was lost for a mile or 2.

But alls well that ends well. So I guess I will return the favor next week

I should add that this run burned off every single one of my over indulgent calories on T'giving - yippee!

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 11-26-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary – the Y is eager to see you!

Pam, I expect your running partner will find it difficult to kill you – but I’ve always questioned “what does not kill you makes you stronger” – haven’t you ever heard of maiming? Anyhow, if anyone can “return the favor” you can.

I did a weight routine a the Y today, felt kind of off – little enthusiasm to get back in the flow, but, I was there and moving, so that’s better than in bed!
This "maintain don’t gain" business is going to require some immediate attention! Thanksgiving wasn’t that bad, but yesterday we must never speak of the leftover fest.
Be strong all!
Abby
Old 11-28-2011, 04:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I know what you mean about lack of enthusiasm. Today is usually a rest day anyway, but I got up this morning thinking that I needed a nap.
You deserve a BIDIA award (but I did it anyway) - good job.

Post T'giving weight in: 139. Not too bad all things considered, but I need to make sure things don't get any further out of hand.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam, you make it OK to be me!

Today was spinning - it still makes me want to get up in the morning, so that's a good instructor, despite his nasty remark at the end - "good work people, you kept it going all class, and worked off about one tablespoon of gravy". His point was that exercise can only be one part of your fitness journey.

After class, I did 20 crunches on the incline bench.

Post Thanksgiving weight 160 - need to be diligent!

Abby
Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

CrossFit this morning. The WOD was short, but intense: pull-ups and squat cleans. The strength was front squats

I had 2 PRs today. I did all of the pullups with the next to smallest band, the last few WODs I have started with the next to smallest and had to finish with the next size up. And 110lbs 1 rep max on the front squat.

Stay strong all!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, nice work PR's always are great.

The Y worked for me today, a nice fast mile for warm up (8 mins 30 seconds), then intense weight time, much more enthusiasm than Monday.

Keep moving!

Abby
Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wed, yoga and off to Crossfit this morning.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you Pam - I woke this morning at 3 with a horrible headache and bed drenching sweats. No chance of getting up at 5, I'd just gotten back to sleep. Yes, I fear "the change" is hitting hard. I am in for several years of this, and can't let it stop my fitness work - if it becomes a regular obstacle I'll have to address it, but if it's only one workout missed, I'll cope.

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.