Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Feeling particularly lazy this Sunday morning.
DH has had this awful fever with a sore throat all week, and we've been focused on an injured kitty in the kitty hospital this week as well. I am pretty far behind in both work stuff and general house and home stuff so the plan it to put some effort into that this morning, visit the kitty, and then see what happens this afternoon.
Kitty is supposed to coming home on Monday and some other stuff is supposed to be settling down, so hopefully I feel a little more energetic and enthusiastic next week.

PLUS it is raining (well sprinkling really)! WTH! I live in Southern California, it is always sunny from mid-April until Oct. This is just totally unfair, unjust, and uncalled-for
Old 05-15-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

It's rainy and COLD here. I went with a couple of friends to view a series of waterfalls that are open to the public for only a couple of weekends a year, and because of the rain (apparently), they closed half an hour after we got there, so we didn't see the whole thing. Still got a little walking in, but right now I'm sitting here under the electric blanket, and I'm freezing.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

The weather is nasty here, too...what's up? Although so many folks on these boards have it a lot worse than I do, so I can't make too big a deal out of it. 90* last week, in the 60's and drizzly now.

So I got on the treadmill in my brand-spanking new running shoes, recommended especially for my stride and strike by the pros at my local running store. They felt really good!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Not good over the weekend at all, but today 25 minutes on the tread mill, averaging 6.5 MPH, and then ab time - crunches on the decline bench, bicycle crunches, and leg lifts. decent effort showing.

Have fun today!

Abby
Old 05-17-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

NO. I am refusing to exercise until the weather turns better! I think my bad food over the weekend has destroyed my will to exercise. I couldn't talk myself into my yoga this morning -- did do the sauna. Oh well, back on food plan and hopefully exercise tomorrow. Mary
Old 05-17-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I found a dusty old copy of Taebo Flex in the back of the stereo cabinet, never been opened. My mom was a huge Taebo lady back in the day, but I never tried it. It had a wrapper on it from the local video store that said "Previously Viewed", but I have no recollection of buying it. So count it out 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-FLEX! It was about 45 minutes, so then I popped in Bob Harper "Yoga for the Warrior" and did the 15 minute ab routine to give me a full hour, going to feel that one tomorrow for certain. Now all I want you to do is (insert crazy yoga move of your choice) stay with me, stay with me, stay with me, hold it, hold it, hold it, now how can we make this harder?

Last edited by almeeker; 05-17-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
NO. I am refusing to exercise until the weather turns better! I think my bad food over the weekend has destroyed my will to exercise. I couldn't talk myself into my yoga this morning -- did do the sauna. Oh well, back on food plan and hopefully exercise tomorrow. Mary
Ha ha--I don't know as the rain here will ever end, either--it's supposed to last the rest of the week. I jogged my two miles yesterday and today anyway. I really don't mind jogging in the rain.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-17-2011, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

It's cold, it's wet, it's overcast, it's miserable. The treadmill is still sick. I'm sticking to my eating plan but haven't walked in a few days, and I'm grumpy. And now more rain is predicted. And then more rain after that. MAKE IT STOP!! I haven't been warm since August. The one consolation is that I'm not gaining any weight.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, 40 minutes on the Wave, 460 Calorie, and some nice strecthing. Nothing new or powerful, but, I did it!

Abby
Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

No for yesterday again. It's still raining. I am going to give in and go to the Y today. Getting too grumpy from bad food choices and lack of exercise. Had company yesterday and they brought Rhubarb pie. Enough said. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.