Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Looking good SW – sounds like an amazing ride!
Today was a really quick run warm up followed by a Kettlebell class – interesting new movements.
Stay strong!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
So if I had gone on a 26 mile bike ride yesterday, today's "workout" would be lying on the couch moaning The fact that you were planning to work out today made me get off my *** and go to the gym!
It's good to hear that others are getting out and doing it!
Lol...but I definitely feel it today....yesterday's workout consisted of 30min on the Ellipitical machine and then dead lfts, squats hanging leg lifts- spent a total of 1:15 at the gym.
Then I went to a BBQ and played horseshoes, threw a football with my nephew and played at least 3 rounds of croquet with the kids...
Ya, everything is sore today in a good way
I'll probably just walk the dogs after work today and rest up.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Wow SW, that sounds like an amazing day "sore in a good way".

We're having a heat wave here in Massachusetts (I know, we're heat wimps, I'm sorry everyone in Gulfport!), I don't have air conditioning so sleeping can be challenging, especially because of all the water I"m drinking! So Tuesday morning, Spinning wasn't going to happen.

Today should have been a run followed by bootcamp, but since I'm running a 5K tomorrow I didn't run, or do boot camp (which usually leaves me sore), I did a nice few rides on the Expresso bike.

Feeling sort of blue, I've got to find someone to do an act of kindness for to turn this around.

Abby
Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All!
I've missed you. I am in DC finishing up a grant review panel. DC weather is just as I remember it - very hot (same heat wave as Abby) and muggy, muggy, muggy! But I do love this city - so much going on!

Didn't get any exercise, not even much walking, for the last 4 days and I am definitely feeling that lethargia creeping in. And the tummy creeping out . I'm heading back across the country today and will hopefully get back to my routine starting tomorrow.

SW you deserve a "rest" day. The last few days sound wonderful. Especially playing with the kids.

Catch y'all tomorrow after CrossFit - whoo hoo can't wait.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

I was wondering where you two have been, the heat looks miserable over there...we've been blessed with a cooling trend for the past few days. I've actually had to switch back to pants and a light windbreaker- unheard of for July, but that will end this weekend, we are supposed to heat back up to triple digits- woohoo! I love the heat

Good luck with the 5k Abby!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I turned 56 this week, and am so grateful to be exercising on this birthday! Getting older is ok as long as I feel I am also getting fitter.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
I turned 56 this week, and am so grateful to be exercising on this birthday! Getting older is ok as long as I feel I am also getting fitter.
AMEN!

Happy Birthday Jaime!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
AMEN!

Happy Birthday Jaime!
You are so right Jamie, that's the 50 felt for me last month!

Today was a lovely yoga class, I usually run before, but didn't because I have a 5K this evening, it was a very different experience not starting from a sweaty and already worked hard point of view.

Abby
Old 07-19-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

CrossFit for the first time in a week. The workout had lost of running (sprinting really) yeah!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

I did a little over 30 min on the eliptical machine today. I've been logging my food again for the last week, but this was my first time back in the gym in at least 4 months. Did some strecthing afterwards and then hit the showers.

I really have no excuse. My work has a free gym that is pretty nice, and it's like 20 yards from my office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.