Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Nik – sedentary desk jobs deinately don’t help, I often pace while talking on the phone.

Tunnrida – every the mysterious Tibetans, can’t blame people for wondering, they do sound like a great routine.

Spinning today – I do work very hard with the instructor I call un-inspiring, I guess it’s not up to her to inspire me. I followed my spin with sit ups, 30 on the decline bench set at 5, then captain’s chair, and bicycle crunches. Ready for anything now!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Tibetians are great!

5 Tibetans x 15 - 10min
stationary rowing - 15min
stair-treadmill ergometer - 30min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - w1 d2 - 45min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - Bonus Abs - w1 d2 - 12 min

I feel after "Bonus Abs" every abdominal muscle!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Spinning today – I do work very hard with the instructor I call un-inspiring, I guess it’s not up to her to inspire me. I followed my spin with sit ups, 30 on the decline bench set at 5, then captain’s chair, and bicycle crunches. Ready for anything now!
Go get 'em Abby!

Taper week for me... race on Sunday. It was nice to sleep in today. I'm usually up at 5 trying to figure out if I should have a bite to eat or not and off to CrossFit. Today I lazed in bed til 7 and now feeling sort of out of sorts w/o my morning endorphen rush. I think I'll have to go to yoga tomorrow just to get a fix
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida, sounds like quite a workout – lots of different things.

Pam, you want to be back at exercise, don’t work too hard, but your sanity needs this!

Powerful run this morning, 30 minutes, 3.37 miles (including a nice slow cool down where I enjoyed watching the dial on the heart rate monitor go down). Followed by a killer boot camp class – this instructor (“the Kid”) is gaining quite a following, we’re up for 3 to 12 in class, and he keeps an eye on each of us, offering modifications for weak knees, or form corrections, or encouragement to go 10 seconds more.

Be happy and strong today – you are in charge
Old 06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yoga this evening Ohhhhmmm.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to try to get in a heavy deadlift and power workout tonight. I didn't sleep well Monday or Tuesday night so I've been using that as an excuse to put this off, but no more.

I'm pleased to report as of starting to get strict with my diet two weeks ago, I'm down 4 lbs and just on the verge of seeing my abs again. Come on, six-pack!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday, warmed up with wall squats, free squats, light goblets, walking lunges, overhead walking lunges. Then, moved on to heavy deadlifts. Finished with low-rep jerks focusing on power.

Couldn't get out of bed this morning on account of very sore glutes.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Yesterday, warmed up with wall squats, free squats, light goblets, walking lunges, overhead walking lunges. Then, moved on to heavy deadlifts. Finished with low-rep jerks focusing on power.

Couldn't get out of bed this morning on account of very sore glutes.

Nik, I know you know what you are doing, but that looks like you are really pushing yourself.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

I was exaggerating a little. Getting out of bed wasn't too bad; the worst was climbing down the stairs. I'm doing much better now and about to head out for an easy run.

I hear you're racing this weekend. How far?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
I was exaggerating a little. Getting out of bed wasn't too bad; the worst was climbing down the stairs. I'm doing much better now and about to head out for an easy run.

I hear you're racing this weekend. How far?

It was a 15 mile trail race in the San Bernardino Mts (SoCal). I've run this one twice before, so am well aware of what I signed up for . Lots of big hills. As soon as I figure out how to copy the elevation profile from my GPS, I'll post it. 3 miles uphill, 9 miles nice rolling terrain (7500') and then a screaming (when you aren't picking your way through rocks and boulders on the steeps) 3 miles down hill.

As it turned out it was the best race of the season. I crushed my PR, had no leg cramps, which have plagued me in the past. And felt great at the finish. I felt much better after this 15 miler than I did after the 10 miler last month. And didn't really feel all that bad after the 10 miler.

How's the glutes? (exaggeration is part of the fun )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.