Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Mike. Thanks for letting us know about Quinn.

Quinn. Virtual hugs and best wishes and all good thoughts going out to you.

April. So very glad you got to spend some "good" time with your son. The fact that he understands that he has a problem is positive but you are right to want to take things slowly. I know it is so tempting to think that a few good days mean he can go home but that might not be helpful for any of you. Sorry if I sound like an amateur psychiatrist but we had similar problems with my youngest sister and my dad always caved when she begged to be taken home but she was never ready and just relapsed. It was only when I lost it with my dad and told him that he was risking the entire families sanity that he stood up to sis and she finally got the help she needed.

To all who like the sound of my weekend away, unfortunately it's another week away but I can wait.....just about.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna ~ Glad to see you pop back in. I really hope that you soon can get your levels all figured & onto firm & stable ground.

Mea ~ Bless you! That "all or nothing" thinking gives many of us such struggles. That's why I like motivational sayings. It helps to pound good thinking into my head because naturally I tend to be pessimistic. In other words, I identify with you that way.

Question: Would counting servings of the food groups within a Caloric goal work for you? I really don't like calorie counting either. That's why I love having FitDay to plug it all in & to see how servings/types of foods make a difference on the FitDay charts.

April ~ I smile at your words of encouragement for others while you have lots in the fire (so-to-speak). So glad for any rays of sunshine that come your way.

Pam ~ Are you enjoying yoga?
-------------------------
I think I've figured out some daily routine that will help me reach goals. I did 30" Aerobic & followed up with about 15" to 20" Strength Training. I plan to rotate muscle groups/function MON thru FRI. Today I worked on back/abd.

Back with goals later . ..
Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie--sometimes, when it rains it pours. old me would have curled up and waited until the sun came back out, but new me has learned that all you have to do is pull on the rain boots, grab an umbrella and slosh right through it. i'll cry when necessary and laugh all i can (its what i do best anyway). I LOL'd at your lol on your calories yesterday. I did the EXACT same thing one day either last week, or the week before. Talk about cutting it close. I love your goal of 7 hours of sleep a night. I think I may need to make a sleep goal too, 7 hours would be impossible for me though. Maybe a good solid 5.....

Lizzie--doesn't it just give you butterflies in your tummy when you know youre going to get to see BF again? it's the "omg, i cant WAIT to see him" anticipation that keeps us going isn't it? and ooh la la nice restaurant and hotel stay. enjoy yourselves! I'm not so sure about taking pics for CN. i wouldn't be able to take the pic myself, and am DEFINITELY NOT having someone take them for me LOL!! even if I did, I dont think i could make myself send it to him. id know in the back of my mind that it would have been gone through before he actually got it and that knowledge makes me cringe.

Amy--when I first read you telling me to get a trash can I was thinking geez, i thought CN was a keeper, now people are telling me to get rid of the "trash" LOL!! I get what youre saying though. out with the old and in with the new.

Luv--thanks for the great words. reading your posts always makes me feel more uplifted. i wish i could harness half of your positive energy......

Terri--if BF is batting 1000 you'd best leave it be! I'm pretty sure that my GTH look came natural to me. I have an aunt who gives the same look. When I about had to give the smack down to the lady at WalMart on black friday (technically thanksgiving night) it was the look that I went with. I was telling my aunt about it a week or so later and I said "i gave them one of YOUR looks". no one had to ask which look it was LOL!!! What's sad is my 9 year old niece does it too. Whenever she shoots me a look of disgust I have to remind her not to give me that particular look, i know what it means because I invented it! I try not to think about what CN does for his job, it's how I get through. we were talking about it this past weekend and he made the comment of "if you think ive never had to shoot someone you're mistaken. it's not that ive wanted to. it's my job, ive HAD to." and i get that, i really do. but i like to live in a bubble. in Bubble World they're over there swilling beers and playing cards. And everything is all Sunshine, and Rainbows and Unicorns!! My delusions are what get me through the day. Can I borrow you BF for a while? I need someone to wash my dishes. Does he do bathrooms too??? and woohoo superbowl weight is gone! you go girl!

Mea--I think we've all had those days where we REALLY don't want to know how bad of a day it was. I had that night a few weekends ago. it was girls night out, and whew, it was a night. lots of beer and wings and sports watching (sounds like a guys night out more than a girls though LOL). the best thing to do is say "well, that's over with. it's time to move on". one day at a time. I hope you find the balance youre looking for. And what long post? have you seen some of mine?? (this one included)

April--I'm SO glad you had a good visit with your son. I know it eases your mind a little bit. Continued positive vibes to you!!! and omg 34K???? that's got to be horrible. I worked with a woman once who was a 38J. i seriously have never seen a woman with boobs that big before. puts it in perspective, doesnt it?

Joanna--climb aboard the Struggle Bus! (Amy--it's chartered, yes?) it really does seem to be going around lately. Don't drop out of grad school. Think of how far youve come to get where you are! So sorry to hear about your insulin troubles. Keep coming around. Whether your posting or not, at least read. Chin up Buttercup!!

Quinn--I hate to hear(read) that you're struggling. Know that we're here with shoulders if you need them. Sending some of the positive vibes your way too!

Mike--Your week getting any better? I hope there was no more channeling of Cookie Monster.....

So, my Wednesday has been alright, even though I had to go in to work. I didn't have to be in as early as I normally would, so that worked in my sleeping favor. And I only wound up working a half day. I'll TAKE IT! Jas has been super whiny today, I guess I haven't been paying as much attention to her lately as she deserves. And yes, I know she's just a cat LOL! But SHE thinks she's human, and she demands attention from time to time. I really need to use some of the energy that I have today and start packing all my crap up. I know that I've eluded to moving, but haven't really said in detail where to. I am happy to report that this will be my last full week of living in the 'hood. I am struggling MAJORLY in saving money for the down payment for a Home of My Own and was made an offer that I couldn't refuse. I am going to temporarily stay with my parents (at 34!!!!) to be able to save the $$$. It is definitely not a great situation, but sometimes we do things we don't really want to. It's a good thing I get along with them fairly well LOL! With this scenario the only bills I'll have to pay are my car insurance and my cell. Which is only about $150 a month, combined. Everything else will go straight into the savings. It's not an ideal situation, but it'll help. I won't be scared to walk alone at night, which is good. There's a nice 5 acres for me to roam around on. It'll also give my dad someone there to help with my mom. She has a lot of health and emotional problems, and sometimes it's just more than he can deal with alone. She refuses to stay alone, EVER. So whenever he has to work she normally would stay with me or my brother anyway. Now, with me being there it'll make her more comfortable (not having to leave her own home) and Jasmine will LOVE all the attention from Gramma. And seeing as how we're over there every Sunday for dinner anyway, Jas is already used to the house. She knows just where to go to get treats. I'm guessing I'll be there maybe 6 months. It just depends on how quickly I can save. My daddy said that he's watched me struggle to make ends meet for over 2 years, and he just can't take it anymore LOL! I've already laid the ground rules though, that they can't meddle or pry. And I don't think they would anyway. It was a very hard decision, but the good outweighed the bad in the end. In the long run it's going to be cheaper for me to pay a mortgage than rent. I'm shelling out close to $600 a month right now for rent alone. On a DOUBLE WIDE! Why not try and find a small fairly inexpensive HOUSE? I think I'm going to set my upper limit to $80-90K. But I'm pretty sure that around here I can find something cheaper that would be suitable for me and Jas.

I talked to my friend's dad this morning and he said that he was doing alright for now. He had a rough night last night. His heart was racing and he didn't get much sleep, but is doing well for the time being. He'll be in CCU for at least 48 more hours. That's about all I know right now. Unfortunately I can't go see him because he's still in CCU, and it's family only. I have literally known this man since Kindergarten. We were practically raised as brother and sister. I still can't believe it's happened. He was diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic maybe 10 years ago, and he doesn't manage that well. Maybe this will be the wake up call he needs to do what he has to do. When I DO get to see him, I'm gonna beat him about the head and neck for a while......

I'm not doing horrible on food today. Although I didn't get to eat breakfast. When I finally woke up, I realized how late I was running and skipped it . Lunch wasn't bad though. And I'm getting ready to find a snack before I start on supper. At some point today I need to run by the drugstore. I think I'm developing a UTI, so I need to grab some Azo or cranberry juice. UUGGGHHHHHHH!!! So, that's it in a nutshell. Ima go pack some stuff. ttfn!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-08-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Tuesday Check in

Hi Everyone! Hope you all have had a great day! Mine has been long but good, no major crisis, so that is always a plus! Most goals were good yesterday, the only thing I'm still struggling with is moving more during the workday outside of regular exercise, but some days, actually most, this time of year it is just crazy around here.

1200-1400 cals M-1279 T-1299
80 oz water M-64 oz T-80 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-Yes
5000 steps on non TM days 3479
8000 steps on TM days 4985
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. No, No,
Post here every day Yes, Yes

Tori I'm so glad it seems that you're starting to feel better and focus on yourself, and I think it's great that you're moving back with your parents, it sounds like a great situation for everyone. I hope your friend continues to recover, so scary to be so young, but it does happen.

Cassie Great job on your goals!

Amy We all have bad days like that, I hope today has been better for you.

DarleneGreat job on your goals too!

LizzieGood for you lowering your lunch cals to make up for the cookie, I'm sure it was delicious!

Luv Keep working at your goals, I've been tempted to lower mine too, but I'm just going to keep at it and I think it will get easier. It's a good plan to incorporate strength training in your exercise plan, it will really help you feel better through out the day.

Terri Your goals look great, and how nice your BF did the dishes for you even though he hates to do dishes, so sweet!

Quinn So glad to hear from you, we are thinking of you and we'll all be here when you get back!

Mike Sorry you are still struggling today, and Luv is right you are a great friend

Pam Welcome back! I hope your sleep troubles are over! I have them too, but mine are in the form of a snoring husband! It's so loud the earplugs he brought me from his work that block out the sound of the machinery don't always work!

Mea Way to go tracking your not so perfect day, that means you are still in control, and that is the most important thing! Hope today was better for you!

April I am so very happy that your visit went well, it's true that one good day doesn't mean your worries are over, but the positive experience will go a long way for all of you to have hope that one day he will be able to be home again with you. I know what you mean about the soreness being a good thing, the crunches I've been doing really make me sore, but feeling that during the day makes me smile knowing I did a good thing.

JoannaWhy is it that when one part of our life is out of control, everything else seems to follow? Don't quit school, Tori is right when she says you have worked so hard to get here, you can do this! Maybe gaining control of your food and exercise will help you to feel better able to handle everything else. These classes that you don't like will eventually end, and this will all be so worthwhile when you are done! There were many times when I was studying for the CPA exam while working full time and with 2 young kids that I wondered what in the heck I was thinking, but now all these years later I am so glad I stuck with it, no one can take that from me. Hang in there!

Mern Haven't seen you here today, but I hope you're having a great day!

Have a great evening everyone!

Julie
Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

I got busy yesterday and didn't log all my food. To be honest, yesterday is a blur--I truly tried and cannot remember what I ate--don't know if I was under, on track, or over on my goals. I'm just going to put a question mark for Tuesday, but I know exactly what I ate today.

I was deliberately over in carbs today by exactly the half avocado that I choose to eat tonight for a snack even though I'm currently at my 25g net carb limit. Avocado is one of the foods that is supposed to help lower cholesterol/triglycerides (whichever--I can never remember which it helps) but I'm above normal in both according to my blood tests. I had my homemade lasagna today without earning it with clean eating for a whole week and boy, oh boy, was it delicious!

Blue means above target but target is weekly so may not yet mean a missed goal

Calorie limit 1600 daily 1270, ?, 1584
Carbs less fiber limit daily 25g 21.4g, ?, 30g
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories 13%, ?, 15%
Fiber average 25g 11g, ?, 29g
Cholesterol average 300mg 277mg, ?. 195mg
Protein average 120g 79g, ?, 102g

Water 60 oz. NO, NO, NO
Exercise 5 days NO, NO, NO
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Check in #1...wow, what a day. I am officially overwhelmed.

Had lunch catered in at the practice...had to take a wag at entering, but I think I made a good choice. I'm compensating a bit at dinner but have to get in my healthy fats, so that's the task for tonight. And exercise. And work. Hope all are doing well...
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

First, thanks to all for your congrats on my stove knob. It IS funny how such a simple thing can bring such pleasure. That made me remember how two Sweetest Days ago DH bought me a headlight switch knob for my car. I guess I got a thing for having to have all the knobs to which I'm entitled. LOL

Cassie, you made a similar choice as I did--you with getting in your healthy fats, and my avocado puts me over my carb limit, but it's a healthful food that I need to get in daily. Hope you get some good rest after your super busy day!

Tori, sending you another big cyberhug. Hope you did OK with the exercise with having to wear the brace. OMG, so sorry 'bout your friend having the heart attack! I'll certainly keep him in my prayers--keep us posted. The energy savings is not going well except for turning down the furnace. Amazingly, DH is the one who is unable to make himself cut back on computer usage and TV. He doesn't have as much that he HAS to do (I mean like in the line of household chores and errands, etc.) to keep himself busy as I do, so that's more of a sacrifice for him. He gets miffed when he FINALLY gets off the computer or quits watching TV and I remind him to put the computer in the sleep mode and unplug the TV. I'm about to give up on that because he takes it as nagging. Yeah, I'm rolling my eyes just TYPING about it. LOL I laughed aloud at your redneck dryer knob story. Good thinking! Hell, I had a pair of vice grips as a headlight switch knob in my car for YEARS! Not joking. I'll bet you and I could give Jeff Foxworthy a lot of redneck material. LOL Another OMG--best wishes on the house. Wonderful that your parents are willing to help by putting you up for a while and you'll be helping them in return with more companionship for your Mom for a while and some relief for your Dad.

Darlene, my oven isn't antique--it's just older than most people's, I guess. I was amazed that an oven made in 1989 is already called "vintage." In my world and DH's, we don't replace things until they're broken or unsightly. That's so sweet that Kaya brings you her chew toys. Our dog used to do that but only because he wanted to play tug of war and he would never let go of whatever he had until we quit playing. LOL Oh, golly, the oil cleanup from our dog chewing a hole in the oil line WAS messy and a ton of work. You sounded as busy as I was yesterday. Hope you got all your errands run.

Terri, schedule C's are a pain in the butt, but it must have been a little self-satisfying with yours being from your book royalties. That is super cool! I'm like you--hate exercise, but love HAVING worked out. Aw, that's sweet that BF did the dishes for you! Congrats on your Superbowl weight being off. I hope you get lower by Friday, especially if it's the 157 you're hoping to see.

Lizzie, I've only tried one brand of flaxmeal. I'll bet one is as good as another. I forgot about your sister being coeliac. Best wishes in the kitchen Saturday! OMG on the chocolate chunk cookie calorie content. I had that horrified experience once over one bagel that turned out to be 75g carbohydrates--3 TIMES my daily carb allowance. I haven't eaten one since and that was years ago. Great job on dropping your lunch to fruit to make up for the cookie calories!

Amy, oh, man! I'm sure you had to pull your diswasher rack out way more often than I had to fiddle with my oven with the missing knob. Glad you were able to get that fixed, too. Doesn't take much for you and I to consider ourselves living the high life. LOL!

Luv, you really HAVE been doing an outstanding job in your exercise. I ALWAYS want more food than I'm allowed to have. Self-control is quite a challenge for me, too. Believe me, you're not alone!

Quinn, adding my old lady finger to Mike's bird for whomever you wish to flip it. Huge cyberhug to ya!

April, I'm glad you had a good visit with your son yesterday.

Pam, hope you get some good sleep soon!

Mea, there's never a need to apologize for a long post. Everyone is welcome to, entitled to, and encouraged to talk as long as needed or desired. Kudos on tracking your calories yesterday. That's great. And kudos on winning out over your anorexia years ago. YOU are inspiring and YOU rock!

Julie, you're so sweet. Everything is fine here--I've just had a zillion things to do yesterday and today so got behind posting. Congrats on your calories, treadmill, and water today!

Last edited by Mern; 02-08-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie Your night with bf sounds nice. Lol at him being your Leonard I love big bang theory a friend lent it to me when I was sick back in November then I had to catch up on 4 seasons so I could watch it this season. I agree it’s hard on owners whose dogs are left home all day the dog doesn’t really mind but when you get home they need your time and attention I have had many a day were I get home from work and the dogs are waiting on the stairs for their walk it really is a commitment. The advantage Kaya will have is dd is home all day so she is becoming far more people dependent then our past dogs have been we actually are going to purposely start going out for a couple hours every day so she can learn to be alone. I love my cats I was 100% a cat person until I met hubby and had kids he claimed every kid needs a dog and I must admit they have grown on me but wow cats are so much easier.

Amy I am starving too, yesterday was really hard I just wanted to eat everything in sight I was over calories but they were at least healthy food choices but still too much food. I am glad Kaya brings stuff to me also but we are not taking any chances my lovely purses no longer get sat on the floor all my good shoes have been put in my closet no point in testing her chew ability on things I like alot. I thinks things are improving economically here also we of course did not get hit as hard as you guys did but my hubby is a salesman in the construction industry and he’s been pretty happy this month with new house and commercial building starts. I actually got called to interview this morning so we will see what happens I have to admit I am still being pretty picky about where I am applying right now but I am ready to get back to work the sooner the better.

Fit4luv Keep plugging away at tracking your foods and trying for your macros mix, it takes some time to figure it out and before you know it you will be an expert at planning your calories. Thanks for the link to the smileys, I love them.

Terri Lol at bf doing the dishes being a fall over moment I had one of those years ago when hubby cleaned the bathroom he told me when we got married he doesn’t do bathrooms I said fine I don’t do garbage.

Pam Wishing you a great sleep.

Mea Good job on posting and being honest about what you ate that’s a really important part of why I am on this forum, accountability works wonders for me. I think playing with your calories slowly is smart especially if you have struggled with food in the past you can always increase exercise to instead of decreasing food once you decide what healthy amount of calories will help you lose the unwanted weight.

Joanna Glad to hear from you.

Tori I think it’s a great blessing and huge opportunity to move in with your parents to save money for your own place it’s so smart to try to be a homeowner. Good luck with all that packing and go play with your cat for heaven’s sake.

Julie Good job on your goals today.

Mern I am glad you enjoyed your lasagna.

I guess I should go cook supper hubby just walked in asking what we were going to eat.

Last edited by dar n; 02-08-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

April I am happy your visit went well.
sHa_dance.gif

I did get to walk to church and it was very nice but darn cold.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, glad you enjoyed your walk to church--sorry it wasn't warmer for you.

My lasagna came in at 10.3g net carbs per serving. Almost half my daily carb allowance, but it was so worth it for what will be an occasional treat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.