Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community
Notices

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness/Health Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes (90oz),
2. work out Weds, Thurs, Fri M/T: N/A, W: 40min,
3. Walk M-F if not raining M: 35min, T: 24min,
4. Stop stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes!, T: Yes,

Home/Life Goals
1. Don't kill my son tonight (he got in school suspension today) He is still alive
2. Keep laundry done up M: Yes, T: Yes,

Goals are so far so good this week. I can't say I haven't eaten anything that I shouldn't have but it wasn't mindlessly just stuffing food in my mouth. It was premeditated!

Off to read the posts since I was here yesterday now.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mike...good luck on your epidural today. If it is the same as they used to do for my hubby he would get demeral (sp?) before the injection. Oh, and I didn't say you LOOK old, just that I'm not as old as you. You are my hubby's age though.

Amy...What a wonderful story about your neighbor. It is truly inspiring to see someone working so diligently towards a goal. Funny that your girls thought my pictures were you! I will have to see if I have a before body pic that I am willing to share. I usually (still do) hide from the camera.

Dar N ... Welcome to the group! Nice goals to get you started off with us.

Rose...don't that plateau ruin what you have done girl. You have come too far to go back now. Maybe that pound you 'gained' was just water retention. I always weigh a pound or two more for about 2-3 days after eating out or eating something salty. Thank you for the encouragement with my son. He has been difficult since birth and still tends to have these periods where he just really isn't any fun to be around. My hubby got angry with him last night and told him he should thank god he has me for a mother because I am his saving grace.

Terri...Never feel bad about posting a success. We need to hear success stories! At least I know that I do. I might be envious but it makes me work all that much harder to get where I am going too.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Just finished. Feeling loopy. I'm not paralyzed so it was a success
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Glad it was a success! Now on with the drunk posting!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: I did better yesterday! Mostly! Seeeeee? Good luck on your epidural today, and I hope that your cravings are more manageable -- even when loopy!!!!

Mern: BF seemed to have a good time with the writers' group - he's much more naturally gregarious than I am, and it seemed like he did the networking thing over beer, pool, and discussing books. He says he's going to go back next week, so I think that means it was a good success!!

almeeker: What an awesome story to share! Thank you! I bet he DOES feel like a pimp with his cane and new haircut. Sometimes you forget what just walking every day can do. NO step is too small; it's all working towards a better purpose. Sounds like you had a good day; go for two in a row! Winning streak!

yuna: Good job on your report! Sorry to hear things are going badly with the fiance - do you think you can find some happy middle ground?

dar n: Welcome to the group - your goals look good. We're all just a bunch of chatty ladies (and Mike!) here, but definitely supportive!

Rose: Aw man girl, I can feel your frustration in your post. Plateaus are rough - and you're right, it isn't fair that our bodies seem to respond gleefully to the opportunity to gain but not the opportunity to lose. It's like they're howling to keep the weight. Have you tried switching it up at the gym? Even just doing a new machine or a new rotation through them? How about adding an interval training episode? Sometimes it's the littlest things that shake up our metabolisms. Part of me thinks that I'm losing steadily since getting back on the horse because I was OFF losing weight for about a month and a half, so I've kick-started something. Just don't drive yourself bananas over the scale - the scale is NOT worth it. You are doing so well, and you're on the right track in remembering that your health is better, and that is by far the most important thing. Big hugs for you. I will try to send some of my current metabolism through the cyberspace to you!

April: You're darn-tooting you're a good mom! Don't forget it! You'll be posting your own success before you know it!

Tuesday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,402 W: 1,454 (Week Average: 1,428)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 4 times. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Live! Cardio - 807 calorie burn in 55 minutes! T: Day off
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -1,164 T: -404 (Week Total: -1,568)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: no (dinner) T: yes
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 31% T: 28% (Weekly Average 29.5%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out T: No eating out (Total 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)
8) NO WEIGHING UNTIL FRIDAY MISSY. M: Was weigh-in day - 165.4 T: Skipped it!

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Halfway (No makeup) T: Halfway (no makeup)
2) For goodness sakes, do the mending M: No T: No
3) Remember to take some "time out time" for myself every day M: yes T: yes
4) Get some cross-stitching done - maybe post pictures for encouragement! M: none done T: Nope

I was super-sore as the day went on yesterday - I'm not sure if the Zumba Live kicked my butt more than I thought it did, or if it was for other nefarious reasons. Still a little sore today, but I'm definitely going to get my workout in since BF is working late and I won't have to fight him for the TV. He decided in the end that he didn't want me to go to his writers' shindig with him last night, so I got in my "alone time" - which was spent mostly going UGH MUSCLES and trying to get myself un-sore. My dinner was bigger-than-expected, but I went over-calories by eating an ear of corn.... not going to beat myself up over CORN to make sure I got in my veggie for dinner!

Not much else to report here. Hopefully I do my mending and other sewing some time this century

Happy Wednesday!

~Terri
Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks girls. I know I'm behind on posting my numbers but I will get it today. Right now I'm laying in bed with Toodles (Mytsie) and I think we're going to take a long nap.

I did weigh myself today and I'm back up to 179. I started food yesterday, but ate way too many nuts. Went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (I won't get started on my rant, Amy heard it though) and the idiots couldn't figure out to cook a steak. So my dinner was a salad, way too many of their rolls with the honey butter and you guess it, more peanuts. I still need to log it all but now is not the time. I about to snuggle with my baby and drool on my pillow. I should be able to keep my food under control today.

dar n, try not to let these crazy clowns corrupt you!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Terri...thanks for the kudos on my parenting. Sometimes I have to wonder but in the end I know that we are all doing the best job we can with what we have to work with.

Here is some incentive for you to work on your cross-stitch...

Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Just back from my lunch walk and did it in 24 min again today. Woohoo! 1.5miles in 24 min! Oh and I worked out this morning at home with dumbells and without for 40 minutes. Two more days of that before the weekend gets here. Saturday should be a good day as long as I keep the going out to eat to the proper foods. We are driving 2-1/2 hrs to look at yet another vehicle project for my hubby. So that should be about an all day event.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi y'all! I'm not caught up on posts at all, but thanks to everyone who sent out "get well soon" wishes for me <3 I'm feeling better today, but not quite well enough to make it to the pool (my back was spasming yesterday and is still a little twinge-y today—I suspect hypervitaminosis D again, so I've dropped the Vit D supplement for a while); so I'll shoot for Friday instead. 1/3 is still better than 0/3, right?

trying to get caught up on a bunch of things I let slide while I was sick, maybe I'll check in again later tonight—hope everyone's having a great week!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
nah, then we would've called you "muffin." :d
lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.