Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community
Notices

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, turn the green light off.

Lets recap, b/c my memory fails me. This damn old age. Who was it that's joining Amy for the relay race in New Orleans?

On Edit: Good job Cassie. Get some sleep.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, turn the green light off.

Lets recap, b/c my memory fails me. This damn old age. Who was it that's joining Amy for the relay race in New Orleans?

On Edit: Good job Cassie. Get some sleep.
lolz...sleeping in tomorrow!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh I totally missed that was you in the pic the first time. Well I have ADD and wasn't able to take my meds.

As far as the pic of "mtlgirl", not what I expected. I don't see much metal going on, what... no guitar? j/k, really.
Haha! Mike, "mtl" is short for Montreal, Silly. I am so not metal!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

Well I didn't have time to get in all my exercise Friday morning. I slept so badly on Thursday night that I was not able to wake up early enough in the morning but I did manage to squeeze in 30 minutes on the elliptical. I don't know if that's enough to deserve scones and cake at tea time on Sunday but at least I didn't eat McDonalds - just sayin'

I hope I don't do too much damage in London this weekend but I know at least that I will be walking tons. I hope you all have an amazing weekend! I'll see you all back here on Monday morning with fresh new goals. I'll miss you!

My Goals:

1. Achieve an average between 1100-1500 calories for the week. M: 1521/1177/ 1281/ 1428/ 1416/ Average so far: 1365
2. Exercise 5 hours. T: 75 mins/ W: 75 mins/ TH: 80 mins/ F: 30 mins TOTAL so far: 4 hours 20 min hours
3. Drink min. 1.5 litres of water per day. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
4. Achieve a deficit of 5000 calories for the week! M: 649/ T: 1603! Woohoo!/ W: 1456/ TH: 1747/ F: 1337 (Total so far: 6792) MET THIS GOAL!
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
6. Sleep 7 hours. NO/ YES/ YES/ NO/ NO
7. Average 25-30% protein for the week. M: 27%/ T: 26%/ W: 32%/ 27%/ 29%
8. Stay off the scale until Friday. YES/ NO/ NO/ YES/ YES

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-16-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Rose I hope you enjoy your tea on Sunday it sounds fun to me. I am in awe of your exercise numbers I am feeling muscles I forgot I had just trying to get back to moderate daily exercise.
Thanks Darlene! I am really looking forward to experiencing the traditional English tea. I just hope I can control myself!

As for the exercise, it took me a while to be able to get to this point. Honestly, last year when I would go to a spin class I'd have to go home and nap afterwards because I'd feel so wiped out. The great thing about exercise is as long as you keep at it, you improve so steadily that it is really motivating! I was never an athletic type at all, never imagined I would enjoy running of all things but now I do! I love it. It's really the best part of this whole weight loss experience for me because it's where I do the best and my numbers are always improving. You are doing great, btw! What a successful week! You will look amazing in that Maid of Honor dress!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, I seriously thought it meant material girl. I'd bet that I'm not the only one. Lol
Old 09-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oh my weight is back up to 176.4, hmm.

Rose, I seriously thought it meant material girl. I'd bet that I'm not the only one. Lol
Old 09-17-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Well I did slack off last night and did not run. But I got up early this morning and ran 3 miles and have kept my diet on track. Will be checking my weight Monday morning to see if running today and tomorrow will help it go down. My goal for today is to not drink and stick to my healthy eating even though I have a family party to go to today and tomorrow. Say a prayer for me!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday morning report in. Short bike ride this morning with 6 year old grandson. Added protein powder to pancake mix -- worked well for my pancakes.

Have my 5 hours exercise in for the week -- anything more this weekend is bonus.

Calories have been closer to 1800 than 1500 however still healthy food.

I deserve bonus points for passing up wherthers hard candies all week. I can't stop if I start and I was exposed to them 4 days this week as they keepp them in the law library at the courthouse. Lately I've been picking up several everytime i'm in. This week I walked past them about 15 times without taking any. I figure tha saved me about 40 of them at 20 calories each. 20 calories is nothing -- 20 X 40 is 1/4 pound!

Off to play Mary
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for the congrats on my big 5-0!! Haha. I want to see if it sticks by Monday. Again, I'm expecting it to hold steady or get a mild bounce-up - generally when I lose more than 2 lbs. in a week my body does a little rebound. We'll see, though!

April: I can see a huge difference in your body and even the way you're carrying yourself in those pictures, thanks so much for posting! You're doing GREAT!

Cassie: Y'know I found myself wanting to jump right back on this morning (Saturday) - I quickly ate something to make myself NOT do that, since I only let myself weigh in naked, with an empty bladder and no food in the stomach It is tough when I get to the point where I'm not believing the scale - either because it won't budge OR I think it's budging too much!

Mern: Oh goodness!!! So sorry to hear you're ill! I hope you feel better soon! Big hugs to you, I'll be sending you get-well vibes all weekend!

Ann: I am totally on facebook, though I'm fairly active and I might spam your news feed if you add me, lol. I am a Words With Friends addict.

Rose: Big high-fives to you! I think you deserved your tea and scones for sure!! I hope you have a lovely weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous pictures!

Hey Mike: This is me being active! I'm going to come in tonight too and let you know how my scrubbing went, as I'm sure you'll wait with bated breath to know if I cleaned house or not.

Tanya: I hope your cough clears up soon! Sending you hugs!

Friday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,402 T: 1,454 W: 1,059 Th: 1,149 F: 1,559 (Week Average: 1,324)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 4 times. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Live! Cardio - 807 calorie burn in 55 minutes! T: Day off W: Zumba Sculpt & Tone Th: Day off F: Day off
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -1,164 T: -404 W: -1,381 Th: -691 F: -281 (Week Total: -3,921)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: No (64?) F: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: no (dinner) T: yes W: yes Th: no (lunch) F: yes
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 31% T: 28% W: 31% Th: 16% F: 27% (Weekly Average 26.6%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out T: No eating out W: No eating out Th: No eating out F: Lunch Out (Total 2 Lunches, 0 Dinners)
8) NO WEIGHING UNTIL FRIDAY MISSY. M: Was weigh-in day - 165.4 T: Skipped it! W: Skipped it Th: Nope F: Weighed - 163.8

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Halfway (No makeup) T: Halfway (no makeup) W: Halfway (no makeup) Th: yes F: yes
2) For goodness sakes, do the mending M-F: No
3) Remember to take some "time out time" for myself every day M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: No F: No
4) Get some cross-stitching done - maybe post pictures for encouragement! M-F: No

Not generally proud of my Friday - there was a huge meltdown at work and I had to stay late AGAIN. At least I managed to post a deficit; if I'm rigorous this weekend I can still make my exercise, deficit, and calorie goals. I should have seen it coming -- it's inevitable that if I go two days below 1,200, I get famished on day 3, and that's exactly what happened yesterday. Snacking did me in.

I got up this morning to do the Zumba Flat Abs workout that came with the DVD. I've generally been enjoying Zumba - great cardio and I think I can adjust the sculpt and tone to be what I need it to be. The Flat Abs workout, however, gets a gigantic F MINUS from me.

First: It's only 12 minutes long, three songs. What?? Pft.

Second: It involves complex moves, standing up and crunching to the sides with legs and arms. I have very bad balance on my bad ankle and I simply can't perform the moves. Also? They don't particularly "crunch" for me unless I practically bend my body in half.

Overall, I felt practically nothing in my abs through the entire workout, though as always it was fast-paced and I worked up a mild sweat. I won't be doing it again, though. Since I'd gotten it in my head to do abs this morning, after the Zumba workout I cranked out 100 crunches, 100 lower-ab exercises, and 100 obliquie twists until I felt a proper burn. I'll do some Cardio tomorrow to round out my four-day exercise, and I'm also planning on some heavy-duty housework today (including the mending!!!!!), maybe I'll get s'more sweat!

I hope everyone's weekend is shaping up to start out well!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.