Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-05-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Welcome back to all the returning members and welsome to the new ones, Rubystars, poetstorm,StrawberryBeds & ChibiSub.

I guess since we have so many new ladies... I should put this out there, I'm a guy, if anyone wishing to not have me post here, LMK b/c I won't get my feelings hurt. If you feel like you can't be yourself just let me know.
Thanks, and it's no problem for me... besides it gives me easy access to your before and after pictures, which are a VERY good inspiration!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

I'm joining in! I've slipped off the wagon again and it's time for me to climb back on, starting now. I've been away from fitday for months and months, aside from the occasional day of starting to record my food intake and then giving up by day end. Here are my goals for this week:

1. Log everything I eat, even if it's not on my plan.
2. Begin running again.
3. Stay off the scale for a week. It's not helping.
4. Drink adequate water on my days off.
5. If I'm struggling with food, reach out for help/support. This is by far the hardest one for me to keep.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by avelina
5. If I'm struggling with food, reach out for help/support. This is by far the hardest one for me to keep.
Me too! I find it very difficult to ask for help or support, but I am hoping that posting here is going provide that bit of extra motiviation to keep on the straight and narrow!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Quinn, we must have been separated at birth. Both of us keep doing the same darn thing! What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting better results? Sheesh!

Let's get our heads in gear, shall we??
I KNOW! I get so mad at myself because I get to my low weight and then I figure that it gives me permission to eat whatever I want. In this last instance, I thought, "Well, you got through a rough patch, so let's celebrate with lots of food." Wow. I know better.

I've got my head on straight now. Made a roasted corn, black bean, chick pea, and cilantro salad to go with some grilled chicken tonight. From a psychological standpoint, I feel relieved to be back on track. When I eat whatever I want, I feel kind of out of control. I guess I'm happier when I have more structure and discipline in my life. Just needed a kick in the behind to stop the slide.

It always comes down to the same old thing... find a reward that doesn't involve food. But, let's be honest... food does work quite well for that purpose. I've said all along, it's an addiction. When we need comfort or to celebrate, it's always there, isn't it?

Yep. You and I have always shared the same pattern... we'll call it "food insanity".
Old 07-05-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by StrawberryBeds
Me too! I find it very difficult to ask for help or support, but I am hoping that posting here is going provide that bit of extra motiviation to keep on the straight and narrow!
StrawberryBeds & Avelina, I totally hear you. I stayed away from the forum for over 2 months this Spring because I was having a difficult time. It was just when I needed the support most that I hid from my fellow Fitday members. This totally defeated the purposes of this group. I realize that now.... unfortunately in retrospect (and after gaining back some pounds) but I am committing myself to staying accountable and reaching out. There is always someone here to dispense valuable advice, wisdom or just to share a laugh over this often daunting task of losing weight and getting healthy. Most importantly there's always someone here who is exactly where you are or has been there before and can shed some light on the path ahead.

I love what Taubele has in her signature, "You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."

Good luck with this week's goals!

P.S. Welcome back, Avelina! It's really nice to hear from you. Are you going to do C25K again? I am doing it right now and am on week 5.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome 01
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Avelina, I love your #5. I don't reach out for help/support, either when I'm struggling with food. I need to do that more. Thanks for the inspiration.

Quinn, I've ordered some canned organic black soy beans that are supposed to be really good for low carbers--only 1 net carb per half cup. I've seen only great reviews on taste. Looking forward to enjoying baked beans and beans in my chili once again. Oh, golly, "find a reward that doesn't involve food." That's a hard one for me, too!

Terri, I'm not surprised to read that you're experiencing slave-driving work and deadlines since getting back from vacation. I hope the exhaustion is at least netting you good sleep at night. Oh, golly, I may treat myself to a light beer tomorrow--haven't had one for quite a while. Is your birthday the 8th or the 15th? Golly, you really are buckling down on your goals! I know you can do it!

Almeeker, it would be nice had it just been one day vacation from the diet--but I slacked two weeks while I was MIA. Each HALF OUNCE of the unsweetened baking chocolate has 70 calories, 60 of those calories are from fat.

StrawberryBeds, welcome--glad to have you with us! I'm close to you in weight--heaviest was 246 and now at 216 but I'm only 5 feet tall. I find it very time-consuming to record everything, but it's the only way I can lose weight. That discipline keeps me reminded to not continually graze on food as I'd like to.

ChibiSub, welcome! Hey, I'm a whole inch taller than you. LOL Nice weight loss since only June 27! Keep up the good work!

Mary, could any of your lack of scale movement be due to carrying excess water? I know part of my little gain the past couple weeks is due to excess sodium--turkey deli meat, turkey sausage, pork rinds are my worst offenders. I got a good chuckle out of the start of your housework yesterday being throwing out dead flowers. That's about the equivalent of what I did yesterday. LOL Kudos to you on being so active--sailing, kite flying! Good that your friend will be hosting a healthful dinner for you.

Cassie--your definition of insanity gave me a good chuckle, too. That seals the verdict--I am indeed insane. LOL

Rubystars--just curious--what kind of work do you do? I remember how painful my tendonitis and bursitis was, so I'll not be using such heavy weights any more. I had just thought the heavier, the better. NOT!

Mike, those of us who know you better know that we can say anything we want and not be embarrassed around you. I'm sure our new ladies will feel the same way. Yeah, you spelled anonymous correctly. Congrats on that--it's a hard one. I thought of you today--tomorrow is my 65th "BIRFDAY". How IS your back, by the way? And if you need to whine, just do it--you certainly are entitled with all that pain!

Last edited by Mern; 07-05-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I work at a sporting goods store stocking shoes on the overnight shift. So sometimes I often have to climb the ladders and put the boots in top stock, etc. It's a lot of physical work, which is probably why I'm not any heavier than I am right now. I have to be careful when I'm doing it so I don't pull anything sometimes those boxes are really heavy.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Happy (early) birfday Mern. I'll see what I can whip up for you.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Happy Happy Birfday, Mern!!!!! Mike, you did say you will see what you can whip up, not whip out, right? Oops! excuse inappropriate humor, what a weird day today.

Welcome new posters! You may not mind that Mike is a guy, but I have issues with it. I think we should make him sign in as Mikayla. JK!!!! LOL. ROTFL etc etc

Big fight with DD; it got reaaaaallllllllllllly ugly. She's probably going to go get a huge hickey on her other boob in retaliation (Don't ask. OK fine. She was wearing a bikini and I noticed a bruise that looked suspiciously like a "love bite." From like a hunormous vampire and by the way she blushed when I said "What is that? Is that a...?" OK OK TMI but I just want you all to know WHY I ate 1300 calories by 2pm today. Took babies (fur babies that is ) to vet. Jake may have a heart murmur and Ginger is being treated for a possible UTI. I know, I know everyone was dying to hear all about my cat's excretory system issues but pet health is an ongoing (and sad) saga lately. At least the vet didn't make me feel like my cats were gonna die right there at that very moment in the parking lot unless I forked up $800. And the EKG in this vet's office is $125 as opposed to the $600. the other crook er I mean vet wanted. But then the other was the vet who charged me $130. to X ray a hamster who died 3 days later. DON'T ASK!!!!

Do they see me coming or what?

Someone please tell me why I should not just hole up in my bed with a large cheese pizza and a DVD of True Blood.

Last edited by canary52; 07-05-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.