Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

FITNESS:
  • Drink four bottles of water a day. Y
  • Eat only Lite n' Easy (Tuesday exception). N
  • Gym six times. N
  • Update goals daily. Y
  • Focus on 10% challenge. N
  • Continue cutting back smokes. Y
NOT FITNESS:
  • Keep the new attitude. K
  • Update blog every day. N
  • Make an effort on my apperance daily. Y

Screwed up a bit yesterday, but I'd made it my cheat day, so not going to beat myself up too much about it.
Attitude kinda went out the window when I burst into tears at 'home' for no reason that I could determine. Still feeling shaky but determined to get through the day without breaking down, I'll just avoid people all day I think.

Welcome to all the new people, sorry I don't have a chance to reply to everyone indivudually.
Have a great day all, happy to see so many new faces here!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Check-in.

1. 1,500 calories, no more. 2,248, 1,497
2. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 60 min (total 1:00)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y, Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +391, -1,509
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y, Y
6. Take measurements. N, N

Other stuff:

1. Gardens, continue to weed & preen and buy 46-0-0 for corn patches. N, weeded and preened,
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. N, Y
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N, N
4. Call in-laws. N, N
5. Call grandma. N, N
6. Housework
Monday, upstairs bathroom, down stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday, kitchen, hallway, stairs, laundry
Wednesday, living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday, DD's room, dining, laundry
Friday, master bedroom, den, laundry
Saturday, basement, laundry
Sunday closets & cupboards (1 of each)

Ugh the house is a wreck. Maybe tomorrow I can catch up. It's supposed to rain tonight, so the garden will likely be too muddy tomorrow to work on. Of course watch, when I need it to rain it won't, which will mean that I'll be out there tomorrow watering instead of home trying to find the carpet and doing laundry.

I can totally relate to not wanting to log and report when you've had an off-plan day/week/month etc, which can also lead to more not logging. What I try and do is to make myself log, if I can't face it that day (and often I can't) then I jot down the damage on a piece of paper and log it the next day, and then with head hung low come here to report. So if you've ever noticed that when I'm on-plan I report at night and when I'm totally off-plan I report the morning after. It's sort of an exercise to deal with a bad day, without letting the situation get the best of me. So the next time you have a rough patch think about that as an avenue to get back on track. I also sometimes think of it as my punishment, it's far better than a round of self hatred or spiraling down into "I'm not worthy" territory. Because here on the fitday forum there is no shame in an unplanned cheat day, but there is plenty of forgiveness and support when you need it.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-06-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Nice, peaceful day today... no one is on fire, bleeding, etc. at the moment. I call that a win.

Back To Basics:

*Calories under 1200. 1056

*Log EVERYTHING! Yep

*Walk daily. Yep

*4 fruits and vegetables daily... major slip lately. Yep

*Take one hour per day to shut down, rest, nap, shop, whatever to maintain good emotional health. Fail (...although I did spend the afternoon in my kitchen, which is my therapy. I know that I'm always at peace there. )
Old 07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
FITNESS:

• Eat only Lite n' Easy (Tuesday exception). N
Are you talking about eating ONLY Lite n' Easy yogurt????

Oops never mind that's Lite and Fit that I was thinking of.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-05-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

I love that everyone here struggles with some of the same things I do.
Rose, you remembered me from the C25K last year! I believe I will start it up again. I remember how proud of myself I was, I was running for 30 minutes (or more) for several weeks before I injured myself by falling off a trampoline on Canada Day. I had a cracked rib and it took forever to heal. I never fully went back to exercising after that.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

@Mike:

Nope!

Here in Aussieland there's a company that basically plans, cooks, and delivers meals to your home.

So once a week I get an esky on my door with food for the week.

You can check out the website using that linky. It's a bit disorganised in my opinion, but there's a ton of info there.

I'm on the 1200 calorie breakfast, lunch and dinner program (it includes morning and afternoon snack), and am considering going to a high calorie plan at some stage when I can afford it.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Rubystars, I can see that your job is very physical and that you surely do need to more carefully protect yourself from exercise injuries.

Mike, thanks for the early birfday wishes.

Hope, thank you for the birthday wishes, too. You are too funny. LOL
Oh, Lordy, you and DD surely do have stuff over which to argue--so did my daughter and I, but hard as it was and as much as we argued, she turned out great after a few really rocky years--even made the dean's list most of the time in college. Just try to be the best mom you can with the information you have and try to think before you act (wish I'd done that way more often than I did) so that you have the opportunity to talk calmly and wisely about the issues. If you can stay calm, maybe she can, too. Yeah, I know it's way easier said than done... Glad you found more affordable pet care. Hope everything turns out OK. Aw, you poor thang! I haven't seen True Blood and I know you were only kidding, but food ain't the fix for stress. If it was, I'd be REALLLLYYY skinny by now. LOL

Wowgirl, congrats on screwing up only a bit and on a planned cheat day at that. Aw, big hug to ya--hope you're feeling more perky soon.

Almeeker, you had quite a good day on food and fitness! I had to laugh about your trying to find the carpet. Been in that position many times when my kids were younger. When I'm off the wagon foodwise, I'm not really embarrassed to report, but just don't want to bother logging on to report. And when I don't bother logging on to report, I wind up not even logging my food. Not that misery loves company--I surely wish everyone here better success at staying on plan, but really, there is no need to be embarrassed with this group. I don't think there are many of us here who have never slipped up and everyone here is very encouraging. Beating oneself up is not the answer--the only failure is to completely give up. If you're jumping back on the wagon for the millionth time, you're NOT A FAILURE. Big hugs to all of us for being in this group to begin with!
Next time I screw up, even if I messed up so bad that I can't remember what all I ate, I'm going to log on and say I screwed up and am wiping the slate clean and starting anew. I'm glad we had this pep talk today--I think many of us will be encouraged by it.

Last edited by Mern; 07-05-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Tuesday

My goals for this week:

Whoa, work is crazy these days but I've got 3 full weeks off to look forward to, very soon! I slept in a little this morning and couldn't get any exercise in before work but again, I walked sooooooo much today. Phew.

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day. YES 1131/ YES 1232
2. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day. DONE!/ DONE!
3. Exercise 4 hours this week. 40 min.
4. Take my multivitamin. YES/ YES
5. Eat 30% protein or more. YES 44%/ YES 30%
6. Stay away from that sugar! YES!/ RESISTED!

Other goals:

1. Put up the solar blind in the kitchen!
2. Apply sealer to the coffee table. DID IT!
3. Get copy of key made.
4. Water the flowers. YES/YES
5. Mail package.[/QUOTE]

Amy, thank you so much for your valuable advice. I love what you said, "...here on the fitday forum there is no shame in an unplanned cheat day, but there is plenty of forgiveness and support when you need it." Thanks so much for that pearl. I needed to hear it. You are a star!

Wowgirl, your post broke my heart. I'm sorry you had a hard day. I think you should be really proud of yourself for coming here and being accountable. This one cheat day won't ruin anything. You'll get right back on track!

Mike, I have no issue with you being a dude. As long as you don't mind my sharing feminine matters with you. For instance, I bought a new pair of sandals today! And they were on sale! Seriously though, I hope your back is feeling better!

Mern, happy happy BIRFDAY eve! I hope you get spoiled rotten tomorrow!!!

Hope, I'm so glad you found a more reasonable vet! UTI is nothing and a heart murmur is manageable. A friend of mine had a cat with a heart murmur who live to be 19. Sorry to hear about your DD dramz though. Yikes! Your situation makes me feel so much admiration for my mom. I think I'll call her now...

NEWCOMERS, once again I want to give you all a major shout out. Welcome welcome welcome! Glad you could be here!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Wowgirl, your post broke my heart. I'm sorry you had a hard day. I think you should be really proud of yourself for coming here and being accountable. This one cheat day won't ruin anything. You'll get right back on track!
mtlgirl, thanks hun, it's not really that bad, just some days I feel like hiding from the world. The best thing for me to do is just suck it up, because I have to work, and I can't hide in a hole if I want to achive my goals.
I didn't really have a hard day at all, I was happy and hyper and work, then I was on my laptop at home for a while, when suddenly I realized I was crying. lol, I just wish I knew why, but I am a bit crazy sometimes. While I was at my sisters for the four days, she commented that I was the happiest she'd seen for ages, and not grumpy in the morning (which I normally am). I was even getting up 'early' (7am, hey I was on annual leave!!) to have breakfast etc.
So thanks for the kind words, I'm just focusing on today, and not binging on crap, taking it one day at a time. /hug
Old 07-05-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally posted by quinn
"Nice, peaceful day today... no one is on fire, bleeding, etc. at the moment. I call that a win. "

LOL!! That gave me a great laugh! You had a great day, too, Quinn. Glad you found peace in your kitchen.

Avelina, glad you lived to tell about the trampoline injury. Ouchie!!!

Rose, wow, great day! Congrats to ya! Thanks for the birfday wishes. I'm going to accept all the spoiling I can get tomorrow. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 07-05-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.