Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

I have had trouble reporting this week! My niece is staying with me and has taken over the computer, but its all good fun
I am finding hard to drink that extra half liter of water, need to get into a new schedule.

1. Weekly calorie deficit of 6000: 604, 451, 755, 1008, 1037 (3855)
2. Drink 3.5 L of water per day: Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes
3. Walk dog 3 times this week: No, No, No Yes, Yes
4. Finish two lessons: No, No, One down, started the other, No,
5. Work on the handbook: No, No, No, No, No
6. Deal with the inbox,: A little, a little more, getting there, my inbox is suffering from a summer flood... I will try to sort it over the weekend
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

So now I have attempted to reply to everyone.... I will arrange it in alphabetical order

Almeeker, I like your technique for reporting after a bad day. You are completely right about there being plenty of forgiveness and support here. Hope you have recovered from the trip.

Avelina, welcome, hope you are doing well this week.

Cassie, Thank you for your encouragement. How did your boy do at the tournament? How have your lunches gone? My niece loves Man v. Food., so tomorrow we are having a pancake eating competition, I am calling it a cheat day.

Chibisub, nice job on your eating, water and walking goals this week!

Hope, I hope you are feeling better from the fibro. I was glad to hear you got a second opinion for your fur babies. I am sure things will settle down with your daughter sooner rather than later, in the meantime I will always support the watching of True Blood, but maybe with a nice glass of ice cold water, too cool down from the hunky vampires. (Oh and I found your "inappropriate" humor very funny)

Mary, the scale hasn't moved for me in a while now. I try my best to be patient and look at measurements and see some change, so I know its the scale making fun of me, looks like yours is finally getting serious and showing you good numbers!

Mern, Sounds like the Y was an excellent decision! You sound like you are enjoying it and discovering new things. I have had a good week exercise wise but not so good with food the first days.... one week I´ll manage to get both right. Have a great rest of your birthday week!

Mike, I think I luckily skipped your cookie description. I really don't need any pushing I am trying to get to that calorie deficit but my first days weren't great food wise. I finally did walk my dog, I need a new approach though, like Cassie wrote I am doing the same expecting a different result = insanity. Did you walk yours?

Poetstorm, welcome! As far as alcohol, I also think the best choice would be lite beer or if you like seltzer then you could drink the seltzer with lime and ice, add a little vodka and that should be less than 100 calories. Enjoy your outing!

Quinn, I was happy to read your husband was 25 miles away from you that day :S! Sorry to hear about the root beer, ugh, but I am sure its all gone now. Glad to read your mom is doing better.

Rose, you are doing great on your goals, your run/walks always sound so amazing, forget that crazy pound! I have a beagle, four year old, she needs a lot more exercise than I get her, she has a backyard but still needs to explore outside. I have problems getting up early to do this, eventhough I feel guilty all day when I don't.

Rubystars, hope your bronchitis is all cleared now!

Strawberrybeds welcome! congrats on your loss!

Terri, you sound like you are having a busy crazy week, but you are sticking to it so kudos! That NOOO! button is priceless!

Wowgirl, So sorry to hear about your laptop I was so glad to see you around this week. If you ever get to read this, I do the crying out of nowhere bit from time to time, sometimes I blame the hormones, sometimes I just accept I do that. You have done good this week, lots of green.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Well this week has been an epic fail for me this week. Everyday was pretty much a cheat day. I haven't posted my numbers lately b/c I've been crazy busy. I'll get all caught up tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi again.

Thanks again for the welcomes, and the congrats on my four pounds which is now seven! However I am very aware that this is just the way this week is panning out and the loss is not sustainable. Hey ho!

A quick question - do you guys weigh yourselves every day and record the weight? I have been working on the basis that it is better to do it weekly but this morning, looking at ths scale, I am wondering if I would be better off recording every day so that I can work out the full pattern, for instance, this morning, I know that while the scale looks great it is a result of the fact that I ate barely anything yesterday because I was running round all day at work - we had a couple of work disasters yesterday.... and all I ate was two apples, a zillion gallons of water and last night I was soooo tired that I couldn't face cooking so I ate some steamed string beans (with garlic, a little toasted sesame oil and chilli sauce - delicious by the way!) and went to bed.

I am going to a BBQ this evening, I and I know that my weight will be up tomorrow from today - so it is better to record the ups and downs now, when things are going well so that when things are not going so well I can see the overall pattern of up and down every day.

Sorry this is so long and I hope I have explained myself...
Old 07-08-2011, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to those who wished me well I'm feeling much better today and also my goals have been met all week which is nice
Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 PM
FitDay Member

I really admire posters like Main 80 who do detailed and personal responses to so many people. As one of those people, I want to thank you!!! And I also want to thank all those who wished me well re my health. Oh and Main 80 I really kinda like Eric on True Blood, something about him...where's that glass of cold water....

So I woke up Friday with pains in my arms and legs and much less sleep than I needed and thought am I gonna be able to look at two colleges with DH and DD? "Road trips" with them are so much fun, love that constant bickering and kvetching and whining and that's just me... But of course I did go. And of course, she liked the school that is so much less practical. She wants to get a degree in creative writing. Terri, where is that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" button? Can you say "Hi honey, of course I don't mind you still living here with us at 30. NOT!!!!!" JK anyway. DD says she will live in a box on the street before she moves back in with us. And so I say that of course I will bring her a sandwich which is just me being cruel because she hates sandwiches. Anyway....

Rose, very inspirational story re The Artist's Way. Amazing. Mine is so much less so. I am often looking for motivation when I am blocked (ie Natalie Godlberg's Writing Down the Bones) and so many people mentioned The Artist's Way to me that I decided to try it. It did motivate me; I still do morning pages and it had gotten me into doing art which I enjoy. I did not keep up with the art though. I have been thinking about painting lately. I wish DD would get back into art; she's really good at it. My luck she will want to minor in it and will than have two low paying heart breaking vocations under her belt. Can you say "Hi honey of course I don't mind you camped out on our couch eating Ring Dings at age 40...." JK she really likes M and Ms. And she wants to minor in music though she doesn't play an instrument. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Sorry for rambling. On a serious note, Quinn best wishes for you and your Mom.

Last edited by canary52; 07-08-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness (same o'l, same ol')
1) 1600 calories or less, 1664, felt like a billion, 1661, 1614, 1370
2) stretch, yes, no, no, yes, no
3) 64 oz of H2O sigh why is this so hard? 64, 80, 72, 50, 64
4) gym or walk 2-3 times, does walk through town for fireworks count? no, no,no, yes
5) avoid sugar yes, erhhh sugar free candy bbque sauce on pork, no,yes, yes
6) go easy on the carbs (exception: July 4th) no (hamburger bun and a little whole wheat pasta with pesto), nope, no and now I am suffering, yes, yes mostly (ate some pita bread)

Other
1) remember to take fibro meds, yes, yes, yes needed to take more, yes, yes
2) do not get back to relying on painkillers (exception: July 4th), No, yes, no, yes, yes (only 2 Advil both days)
3) ditto for sleep meds. one half a benadryl, yes, one half a benadryl to sleep and for allergic reaction, yes, yes
4) write at least one hour, no,class, no, yes, maybe 40 minutes
5) meditate, no, no, no, no, no
6) schedule fun (museums, plays, dinner by the river, etc), talked about it, no, was asked but no, no ,no
7) stop obssessing over DD, yes, no, yes, yes, no

Rose, you're doing great on your goals. And Mern just to weigh in (pardon the pun) if carrot cake counts as a vegetable, does appple pie count as a fruit? Just wondering... is this like when Reagan counted ketchup as a veg? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by canary52; 07-08-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'm trying to put one of those fitness pal weight tickers in my sig I don't know if it will work or not. lol That's my new goal for this week
Old 07-09-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by StrawberryBeds
A quick question - do you guys weigh yourselves every day and record the weight?
I weigh and record my weight everyday. Though us women have a cycle and it can make our weight change frequently, I record it so I can notice the pattern of my weight changes. This way I can remind myself if I go higher at a certain time that it's because of my cycle and not me gaining weight.

Check-in for Friday:

My goals for this week:

1. Eat between 1300-1500 calories per day... 940 calories.
2. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day... 10 glasses
3. Go on walks 3 to 4 times this week... rest day, pretty sure I exercised 3 times this week.
4. Take my multivitamins Yes
5. Increase my fiber intake... Yes
6. Take measurements... No
7. Weight myself daily and write it down... Yes

Other goals:

1. Clean the extra bedroom out... Worked on it ^_^
2. Take my bed out of storage and place it in extra bedroom... No, but plan to do that Sunday.
3. Empty out boxes for the bedroom... No, but plan to do that later today
4. Apply for a new job... No
5. Keep boyfriend on track with his diet... Yes, but was hard.

Worked a bit on my book yesterday to make sure I did not get bored being home. I tend to eat a lot when I am bored, lol.

Also thank you, MAIN08, I try hard on those. Going to try to go for a walk around the mall when I get off of work today with the boyfriend.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday-Friday Check-in.

1. 1,500 calories, no more. 2,248, 1,497, 1,704, 1,691, 1,915
2. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 60 min, 45 min, 75 min, 0 min (total 3:00)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +391, -1,509, -783, -1,152, -333 (total -2,994)
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
6. Take measurements. N, N, N, N, N

Other stuff:

1. Gardens, continue to weed & preen and buy 46-0-0 for corn patches. N, weeded and preened, N, N, N
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. N, Y, Y, Y, Y
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N, N, N, N, N
4. Call in-laws. N, N, Done
5. Call grandma. N, N, N, N, N
6. Housework
Monday, upstairs bathroom, down stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday, kitchen, hallway, stairs, laundry
Wednesday, living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday, DD's room, dining, laundry
Friday, master bedroom, den, laundry
Saturday, basement, laundry
Sunday closets & cupboards (1 of each)

I'm not dead, or completely off the wagon, just nuts busy with my kids and everybody else's. Yesterday marked the beginning of the last week before the 4-H fair. My kids are doing alright on getting everything ready, but our oldest drags her feet and is easily distracted with almost every thing else (much like her mother) and when you finally get her to sit and focus, she has all these grand ideas for her projects, and of course she hasn't left herself enough time for all that business. She might never get that sewing project done, OY!!! Our middle DD is much more pragmatic and is capable of sitting and finishing her projects, so she's all done except for her leathercraft and her baking project. The baking project has to be done the morning of the judging, so all I have to do is make sure I have the ingredients in the house. She's basically independent on her dish, so that's an easy one for me, she's doing Paula Dean's Ultimate coffee cake. Eldest DD has picked a crazy hard baking project (of course) and I'm certain that I don't have the ingredients in the house for it, I'm also certain that it's going to cost me a ton of money to get them. She's making gluten free, egg free, dairy free, soy sour cream cookie cutter cookies, I know they sound disgusting but every time we serve them people ask for the recipe, they also make beautiful cutter cookies because they don't puff up a ton and ruin their shape. Ug, they make such a mess, the entire kitchen is sure to be covered in white rice flour and soy sour cream.

On top of my own kids nuttiness I've had the wizard brothers over here almost every day sewing on their cloaks. I never realized before how funny the youngest one is, OMG he had me in stitches yesterday, reminds me a lot of my youngest brother. Anyway, they are almost done, but good Lord Almighty I don't know that I've ever had to pull out so many stitches in my life. I think they make 5 bad stitches for every good one.

Mern, I'm glad you had a nice birthday and I'm also glad you had a piece (or two) of cake, it only comes once a year. Besides it's not the slip ups that hurt you in the long run it's the habits right? I have a GF recipe for carrot cake, I'll put that through the calculator and see if I can't give you a lower carb version. It might be lower, but then again it might not be, GF is funny that way. My DH is no better, he's famous for bringing me brownies, he gets them at work lunch meetings all the time. They are HUGE so he eats 1/2 and brings me the rest. That was great when we were a GF household, and when I was pregnant, but those days are over. But I hate to be mean because he is being sweet and ever so slightly romantic.

Cassie, thanks so much for the granola bar recipe, that sounds right up my ally. I used to make something similar except I used gluten free graham crackers instead of oats. Even totally GF everybody ate those cookies and they were fast to make as well.

Mike, get back on the wagon man and good luck with your epidural on Friday. I may be headed back in to see my orthopedic guy soon as well. I got the shooting neck and shoulder pains yesterday probably from being bent over sewing projects for 8 hours. It feels better today, but I can tell I'm on the slide downward, that pain is downright crippling when it gets bad. BTW I know that you are an insurance guy and mostly it's a good living, however you might have a real future in making commercials, specifically for food. Dude you have a gift. I saw those packages of soft cookies the other day at the store, which made me remember your post and no lie I had to close my mouth to keep the drool from dripping out.

Canary, sorry to hear you're having a fibro flare, those are just horrible. I've seen it firsthand, my mom has fibro too. Although mom started going to the Cleveland Clinic maybe 5 years ago and her fibro has been under control for the past 3-4 years now. One of her biggest flare causes is fatigue, so get some rest okay? I know you're worried about DD and what she's going to study, but I firmly believe that you have to encourage any child that wants to go to college, no matter what they want to study. You have to do what you love, and the money will follow (fingers crossed). I went to art school and later to architecture school, so I know a number of people in both professions. And I have to admit that the architecture people have steadier work and better benefits, but the artists are happier and make more money. I also know a bunch of business school graduates and in this economy most of them are unemployed. Like Terri said you have to believe it will all work itself out in the end.

strawberrybeds, I weigh myself everyday. I tend to be an optimistic person and convince myself all too often that I was "good enough" yesterday so I can have "this" today. Only I wasn't really that good, so I need that morning reality check. Others don't because it depresses them and causes them to spiral out of control. Unfortunately you have to cross that mine field on your own to know what works for you.

poetstorm, how did your night out go? Usually when I eat out I look for a bun-less burger or chicken fillet, a small steak with steamed veggies or a salad with the dressing on the side (although beware the deep fried taco salad dish). Another good option is a bowl of chili, usually less than 300 calories and nobody rolls their eyes at you for ordering it, like they do when you get a "burger hold the bun" or a "salad hold the dressing". For drinks I've been known to order a diet coke with spiced rum on ice, or a glass of iced seltzer water with a lime wedge (it looks like a drink but isn't). If we're at the pub I get a light beer, actually it's 2 light beers in a Pub Mug, but that's usually only on cheat day.

Rose, now you have me curious, I'm going to keep an eye out for the Artist's Way. I'm an artist of sorts too, but I have trouble finding time to devote to it. Fitday is something of an outlet for me, as is motherhood, but I do feel that if I could harness that energy more effectively I would be happier and more financially solvent... Not that I'm unhappy or broke, but there is always room for improvement eh?

MAIN I can totally relate to not being able to get to the computer. I have similar issues with the TV remote.... Enjoy the niece, my oldest nephews are pretty much all grown up now and I miss having them visit me.

Quinn, I'm glad to hear that your mom is on the mend. Hopefully she can regain her strength, being able to do those little things can make a huge difference in your attitude. A big hug to you, and a little prayer for mom.

Terri, I looooooovvvvveeeee the NOOOOOOOOOOOO button so much I want to pin it to my shirt so I can use it on my children, my no song is getting old. When our middle DD was about 15 months old she would lay in her bed and sing during nap time, the little stinker. I could hear her while I sat at the computer. Anyway one day she was singing this song "'cause her mommy said noooo, 'cause her mommy said noooo, how many times I gotta tell you nooooo, noooooo, noooooooo?". She's completely tone deaf, it was HILARIOUS and I've been singing it ever since.

Yesterday I had a success of sorts. It was my cheat day, and I ate whatever I wanted, and get this I ended the day at 1,900 calories. Okay 1,900 is 400 calories over my budget, but that was really light for a cheat.

So if carrot cake and ketchup are vegetables, and apple pie is a fruit, does that make chocolate cheese cake a dairy or a protein? Good grief and we wonder why the US is ballooning up like the Hindenburg. And ya'll know what happened to the Hindenburg don't you? KA-BOOOM!

Last edited by almeeker; 07-09-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.