Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start >

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

ChiKitty - yes, this is it. Just want to mention that a new 7-day motivational thread starts each Monday.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

thanks! I plan to join in every week

Last edited by chi.kitty; 03-23-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: (accidental typing fail)
Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Debbie and ChiKitty.............nice to have you here. It helps a lot to have the accountability for posting.

Despite my good intentions I did not walk today. I just didn't have the heart to deal with the cold again today. It will get better, I know it. Meanwhile Darlene you are far in the lead this week. We were pretty intense at TKD again though so I don't feel too disappointed.

Went over my cal limit today, mostly just poor planning. I'm over 1500 and my goals was to keep between 1200 - 1400. It would have helped if I would have eaten more F and V.

At least today I got lots of water and green tea.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

ChiKitty what is a slow carb diet? Congrats on the weight loss.
Welcome Debbie.

Sundays are usually bad for me trying to get my water in (too much coffee)--must try!
Jenn
Old 03-23-2013, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenn......fellow weekend warrior. How many coffee do you have? I try to not drink more than 2 per day.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see you over here, chi.kitty . Welcome to the group; it's very awesome.

Robin, I'm in Georgia, so we are undoubtedly quite a bit warmer. Come on down!

Today was busy but I got a ton accomplished and had some enjoyable down time with the family as well. Although it certainly is a new thing for the boy to just decide to go out somewhere and then...go. My taxi days are over, and it's bittersweet.

Today was good food-wise, although I made chicken enchiladas for dinner (what I felt was a healthy version) and I didn't really measure stuff and consequently didn't do a recipe calculation. I was also pretty careful the rest of the day. Not exactly a weekend warrior, but also not throwing caution to the wind. Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
ChiKitty what is a slow carb diet?
The Slow-Carb diet is a diet popularized by the book The 4-hour Body by Tim Ferris. I think that it's worth trying out. He claims that you can lose up to 20lbs a month without any exercise and you don't have to count calories.
Basically eat low-carb + beans & a lot of protein 6 days of the week. You get a cheat day every week where you can eat as much as you like, of whatever you like. (and feel miserable after like i do right now) My cheat days are on Saturdays.

Not Allowed (except on cheat day) : Sugars (including fruit, agave syrup etc), Grains of any kind, high-carb seeds or nuts, Milk Products (except for 1/2cup of cottage cheese allowed a day), starchy or sweet vegetables like potato, beets or corn.

Allowed: Most beans/legumes, All meats, Eggs, Cottage Cheese(up to 1/2 cup a day), Most nuts in Moderation, nut-milks, Most vegetables.

You are supposed to eat a breakfast with 30g of protein within 1 hour of waking up, everyday (even on cheat day) & aim for 20g of protein at every other meal. (more if you want)

I'm going to be very strictly following the rules for now, but I plan to modify this a lot if i need to, and if I don't feel good & keep losing weight I will try something else.

P.S The beans have not made me have gas yet, and I find they do help to keep me satisfied throughout the day without snacking.

Last edited by chi.kitty; 03-23-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: forgot the nuts :O
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Robin on Sun I have 2 cups of coffee. During the week I have 1 medium size cup. While 2 isn't bad I find if I count up my water I'm probably only at 3 during the day.

Chikitty, I'm glad it's working for you. I don't like beans (texture).
I know yesterday while I thought I was eating ok, my carbs for lunch were a bit high.

Today is family dinner. I'm going to keep you all in my head to have the willpower to turn down cake!
Jenn
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Today I'm up to 185. I know what the issue is so I should be able to correct it, we'll see if tomorrow morning I can make it to 14 pounds.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Robin, I'm in Georgia, so we are undoubtedly quite a bit warmer. Come on down!
Yeah about 40 degrees different today!

So I decided to have green smoothie today.......get back on track re F and V.

Thinking of you Jenn at the dinner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.