7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start >

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Old 03-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Last Monday 197.4
Since last Monday -13 pounds

Starting weight (this Monday) 188.8, Tues 187.0, Wed 187.0, Thurs 186.4, Fri 186.4, Sat 184.4
This week -4.4

1) Lose 7 pounds
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-23-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Ama. I'm trying, not everyday is a good day.
Mike I would be very happy with a loss of 2.4lbs. I know there won't be any loss this week for me but I'm just trying to eat sensibly.

Jenn
Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

No loss this morning. Still the same.

Thanks Jenn.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

8 glasses water/day (tea counts): 6, Yes, Maybe - I did not count, Yes
Limit sweets: Mostly Yes, Yes, No
Exercise 3x this week (home or gym): Tue, Thu
Limit processed foods: Yes, Yes, No, Not really
No BBQ: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Dump the brownies (in the garbage!): DH ate them all first, I'll count it as a Yes
Vitamins!: Yes, Forgot, Forgot, Yes
Do not go to the St Patties day feast at work Monday… errr: Did not go to the feast, but I did grab a small slice of Irish soda bread on my way past the left-overs counter.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene - very tricky walking your interviewees around and getting your exercise in -- love it.

Jenn - holding steady is a successful week in my book (anything but a gain!).

Cassie - yes, eating a food quickly to take away the temptation works. Also, broken pieces of cookies have no calories.

Mike - I wonder if your weight loss is stalling because of all the water you're drinking. Kidneys can't process an infinite amount of water - when the kidneys are overloaded, water goes into the cells and blood.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

My Mom's birthday was yesterday but we are going out on Sun. I have decided on smoked salmon crepes. A little salty but less calories than most of the stuff on menu.
My brother offered to bring a cake. UGH they are totally clueless about our dietary restrictions. And then I look like I'm not joining in if I decline.
My brother has a way of "helping" that isn't really. I tolerate him for holidays for the sake of my Mom and niece.

Jenn
Old 03-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Mike - I wonder if your weight loss is stalling because of all the water you're drinking. Kidneys can't process an infinite amount of water - when the kidneys are overloaded, water goes into the cells and blood.
I hope that's not it. I'm usually just over a 100 oz which isn't abnormal for me. When I was hitting it hard a while back I was drinking a gallon a day.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-22-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Well got another short walk in today, 1k again. It's adding up slowly up to 3.75 for the week.

Didn't binge last night despite the low cals for the day. Had some cashews, got up to about 900 cals, did yoga and went to bed. That was fine.

Mike I seriously don't think you are doing anything wrong and I don't even think your weight loss has stalled. I just don't believe that you can expect to see a loss every day. Isn't a plateau defined as 14 days or something? I know you lost a bunch of weight before but it must have happened the same way, a bunch the first week and then slowing way down? I would just hate to see you discouraged over some phenomenon which must be normal/expected....

Jenn, good luck with the family expectations over the food. I still have a bunch or treats in the freezer that were given to me at Christmas time.....seems that some people try to sabotage whether knowingly or not. Hold steady!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen
Mike I seriously don't think you are doing anything wrong and I don't even think your weight loss has stalled. I just don't believe that you can expect to see a loss every day. Isn't a plateau defined as 14 days or something? I know you lost a bunch of weight before but it must have happened the same way, a bunch the first week and then slowing way down? I would just hate to see you discouraged over some phenomenon which must be normal/expected....
Congrats on the walking!

Yeah, I'm sure it's normal. I am happy with my loss for such little time so I'm keeping positive. Even if by some chance I don't lose any more to finish off my 2 weeks, 11 pounds isn't bad... although 14 would be better.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have a cheat day Monday. It probably won't be my "normal" 5000-6000 calorie cheat day but I will eat some of the things that I've been missing.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, you're doing great. 7 lbs. per week is a pretty lofty goal. The first week with the water weight I can see, but don't get too down if you don't hit it...you still totally rocked it back onto the track!

Robin, good for you! I held off last night, too...but apparently will have to do a buttload of walking this weekend.

Carolyn, in honor of your advice, I smacked two more cookies with a crab hammer so they broke, then ate them .

Jenn, love your description of your brother. I'm sure in practice it isn't pretty, but the description itself was so well-said, I couldn't help but feel for you.

Darlene, you had a fantastic idea. I may start doing that with my young and restless clients when the weather gets a bit better (rainy and raw here right now). Brilliant, you are!

Ama, looks like you've had a pretty good week, girl. High five!

Well, interesting development as of tonight, work-related. It is kind of a shocker; there will be much reorganization and chaos in the coming months. I'm not worried about not having work but about having too much, and as we all know my ability to say no and set appropriate boundaries with my workload has not been my strong suit lately (though it has in the past so I know I can do it). Robin, can I interest you in a relocation, lol?

All in all, so far, so good. I hit about 950 cals yesterday and 1300 today, so...reasonable. Though the days got away from me without exercising, so that is my first priority tomorrow and Sunday. MUST get that habit back on track as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.