Notices

2 Eggs in the Morning

Old 04-09-2010, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default 2 Eggs in the Morning

Have 2 eggs first thing in the morning and get started on your day. Eggs are a very perfect food (excellent protein) and keep you going. A couple eggs will 'hold you over' for some time. Personally, I just fry the eggs (with a little olive oil) - nothing else just the eggs.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
FitDay Member

Sometimes I'll just scramble mine without oil. Or hard-boiled, with a bit of salt and pepper. Either way, I agree - eggs are a great start to a day.

-Nik
Old 04-10-2010, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I agree they do seem to hold you longer than a carb breakfast, the only problem is that I alternate from merely tolerating them and even that requires a lot of hot sauce, cheese, spices... to totally be repulsed by them.

I know I break most of the 'rules' but breakfast is not a big deal for me, I can skip it without issue. I am much more of a dinner and lunch kinda gal.

But if it is working for you, go for it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Yes i have heard that 2 eggs and a few bits of bacon each morning is great when losing weight i start my diet tomorrow so i will keep you all updated
Old 04-25-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

I've been loving one whole egg, 2 egg whites, scrambled with a dash of milk, no oil, and adding in a little bit of whatever's in the fridge. Today it was spinach and ham, and a pinch of cheddar cheese on top, delish! Been doing mushrooms, spinach and tomato a lot too. Nuts are a great alternative if you don't like eggs or don't have time to cook.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

i love boil eggs and bacon seems to give me that start for the day and gives me the energy. )
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

I usually will have one egg fried with just a dash of olive oil, a couple of slices of canadian bacon all on a piece of whole grain toast.

I do this on mornings that I'm really hungry. I have a yogurt/berry/soy milk smoothie before my morning workout and quite often am not hungry before leaving for work, but the mornings that I AM hungry, I have my fried egg sandwich and it holds me til lunch really well!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great Tip!

Great tip! But that might be because I really like eggs! You did make me remember a great breakfast idea though which was egg whites on a english muffin. Maybe I will try that next week. I like cereal but a warm breakfast just really hits the spot some days!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Eggs rule!

I usually have an Atkins shake in the AM before workout but I also make mini quiches in muffin tins and freeze them individually, they make a nice easy brunch...lots of protein!