Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Community
Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Kaitlin, looks like you're well back on track--good for you!

My temporary post-camp bump is gone (amazing how much fluid one can retain after a few days of debauchery) and the scale nicely showed me 235 this morning. Looks like I'll make the Challenge goal, after all.

I did something to my knee this weekend so have stopped jogging for a while. I am at least getting out for a walk every day. I'm committed to doing a charity 5K on Saturday for my daughter who broke her leg and can't do it. I'd planned to jog as far as possible but I think I'll just walk it and save the knee as much as possible.

Keep up the good work, everyone, less than a month left in the Challenge!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

My official weigh-in days are Mondays, but I do need to report that I hit the scale this morning and it FINALLY showed me 179.4 - into a new decade!!!! (the 70s are awesome!). Very happy to be out of the 80s, since I was so close, within a lb. for about three weeks there. Plateaus are frustrating. Hopefully by Monday I'll be even less than 179!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Met the Challenge - Now Wish to Maintain

Hello everyone and kudos to all for the great effort! I just wanted to check back in and say hello since I have been following everyone's progress. Having met this challenge, I realized (and others echoed the same thought to me) that I had gotten extremely skinny at 166 lbs. I have since decided to try to maintain a target zone of 168 to 170 lbs. This puts me comfortably into my "healthy zone" with my BMI right around 24.

The big picture perspective is this.....

250 days ago I started out at 252 lbs....Today at 169 lbs reflects a net weight loss of 83 lbs......33% of my starting body weight.

My point.....being fit feels great and it can be achieved with focus, discipline and determination. I used to be obese and angry. Now I have chosen to be fit and healthy and happy. Having been in both worlds, I choose to stay here in Healthyville and I look forward to many of you becoming my neighbors here in the neighborhood.

I wish you all well. Keep on keepin' on! -----Albie

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 06-11-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Albie!

And to everyone else who has lost on this challenge.

I know if it wasn't for these forums and this challenge I doubt I would be where I am now, down 29.4 lbs and 23 inches. I find that people are taking a second look, but not knowing what the difference they are seeing - it makes me feel good. Also the fact that I can fit into some of my "smaller" clothing is an awesome feeling . With the nicer weather (holding off rain) I can see myself going out for more walks.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Albie, that is great! And you are so right about the fitness aspect. A year ago a 50ft. waddle across a parking lot would leave me gasping for breath like a trout out of water. This morning I did 4.2 miles in a bit over an hour.

You have done amazingly well--I hope you'll continue to check in from time to time. Will you continue to track calories or do you think you can maintian on your own? As I've shared before, losing and gaining weight is pretty easy for me--maintaining a constant weight has heretofore been out of my grasp.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-13-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Albie. I have been M.I.A this challenge. I suppose I might have gained a lot more without it! I am going to post my weight on Friday come what may. Some extra motivation for this week. I now have two months with no excuses coming up so hopefully I'm back on track and heading down to new lows. Mary
Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,

Quick check in. I am still at 154, I am apparently in a plateau, I don't like it but I also don't worry about it too much, eventually the scale will move. I really need to work on my exercise so that my body feels a change, I know I have been slacking on that.

Kaitlin, nice that you are getting back on track!

Mike, great your camp did not hurt your losses! You are going to make the challlenge, I am sure. How was the 5k?

Albie! Thanks for still checking up on us and my best wishes for your maintenance!

Peppy you are doing great!

Cheers everyone!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mike, great your camp did not hurt your losses! You are going to make the challlenge, I am sure. How was the 5k?
Well, camp didn't help it, I'm sure and the scale did take a fairly decent bump up, but a week later it was down plus another 5 gone. Just goes to show a "once in a while" change is OK. Still, I don't intend to make it a habit!

The 5K was good--I somehow took a wrong turn and ended up walking 4.2 miles instead of the 3.1 in a tad over an hour. I've pretty much stopped jogging due to my knee bothering me.

And don't worry--plateaus happen but eventually the losses start up again.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goal Met!

Yes, even with a severly disrupted exercise routine the last couple of weeks I seem to have met my goal and even a little early to boot.

Can I take off another 2% and hit 225 by the Fourth? Unlikely, but you never know--I'm going for it! I really want to be under 200 by the time I go back to work at the end of August.

So come on everyone, there's still a good two weeks left to get some weight off and get ready for the next challenge.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

After plateauing hard for three weeks I've lost just over 4 lbs. in 12 days (180.6 on 6/6 to 176.3 today, 6/17), which feels awesome - my official weigh-in day is Monday, so hopefully the "unofficial" check-in day today isn't an artificial low. It always feels good to break out of a plateau, though this break is particularly fast-moving! I've only got 1.3 more lbs. to lose before I hit my 175 goal. I HAVE been trying to be extra-vigilant as I'm going home in a week (6/23) for a family reunion/birthday/retirement bonanza and hitting 175 by then would be pretty darn cool. If I don't, though, that's ok - I'll still hit 175 by July 4th come hell or more unforeseen plateaus!!

Michael, awesome job on hitting your goal early!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.