Community
Notices

What motivates you?

Old 01-18-2021, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I am 64 years old. I want my "Healthcare" to come out of my fridge and pantry and from being active, not from prescription drugs and operations. I want to feel as good as I can at my age. That motivates me to eat right and exercise. I have arthritis and deteriorating cartilage in my knees and that slows me down some (I can't jog), but there are ways to get around that. My wife and I were members of the YMCA and they had a ping pong table there which she loves to play. Other than that, it's hard to get her motivated except for hiking and kayaking when weather and time permits it. She has been very overweight since the 90's. I met her in 2007. Anyway, since covid came, they shut down the Y for a while and when they reopened it, we weren't allowed to play ping pong anymore and we had to wear masks everywhere which I understand, but hate....bad for her motivation AND mine... Recently I bought a shed that I'm turning into a gym shed...bought a ping pong table and started putting it together yesterday. It's a pretty big shed with room for equipment and weights I've collected over the years and the ping pong table. We're both excited to get started. I'm hoping my wife stays motivated when I set this up because I'd like to keep her around for the next 20 years or so.

Last edited by 49yearsyoung; 01-18-2021 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

thank you for this post