The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 PM
  #531  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

WAY TO GO Bubbs21
You are a big inspiration to me.. Along with several people who post here who have made a huge effort, not giving up and are showing the results!
Amazing job! This site has really kept me going..
Not sure if i would have managed to stick to it this long (only 4 days i know, but still! )if it werent for this.

(these success stories are the best part of my life right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Misery16226 is offline  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:47 PM
  #532  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
WAY TO GO Bubbs21
You are a big inspiration to me.. Along with several people who post here who have made a huge effort, not giving up and are showing the results!
Amazing job! This site has really kept me going..
Not sure if i would have managed to stick to it this long (only 4 days i know, but still! )if it werent for this.

(these success stories are the best part of my life right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I think you're doing fine--the first couple of weeks are the hardest! "They" say it takes 30 days to form a new habit or break an old one but you'll find it gets easier as the weeks go by and the weight goes bye bye.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:53 PM
  #533  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 22
Default

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate the invite to join. I've been searching for a site where the focus is on the program and weight loss. This was it. I'm taking this one step at a time and trying to be patient. My weigh in day is Sunday (helps to keep me honest over the weekend). From 244#, my last weigh in was 222#, I've got my mini goals and rewards set up and I've been honest with the intake. Keep on posting everyone. You've no idea how much it helps--or maybe you do since we're all in this together for the same reason.
Lois
loisann5 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
  #534  
FitDay Member
 
Skiboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default

Thank you all for your honest posts and sharing. Just reading about your efforts are doing a great deal to help me with my own. I swam laps for an hour yesterday morning. Worked with my trainer for 1/2 an hour mid day and topped it off with an hour of water aerobics at the gym in the evening. Drank over 4 liters of water and ate just under 1500 calories with 74 grams of protein.

A good day.

My challenge is that every Friday my Girlfriend arrives arrives around 8.
She departs Monday morning.

Between cocktails, meals and an "on the go" weekend lifestyle, doing any workouts or keeping intake below 2000 calories is almost imposable.

Advice?
Skiboy1 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
  #535  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by loisann5 View Post
Thanks, Michael. I appreciate the invite to join. I've been searching for a site where the focus is on the program and weight loss. This was it. I'm taking this one step at a time and trying to be patient. My weigh in day is Sunday (helps to keep me honest over the weekend). From 244#, my last weigh in was 222#, I've got my mini goals and rewards set up and I've been honest with the intake. Keep on posting everyone. You've no idea how much it helps--or maybe you do since we're all in this together for the same reason.
Lois
Lois, sounds like you're doing great--keep it up!

We will have a new challenge to lose 10% of your body weight starting up April 1st (when the current challenge ends) if you're interested. I really like the 10% goal in more-or-less 12 weeks as it's pretty doable yet makes a significant difference.

If there's anything we can do to help you along, just mention it.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 PM
  #536  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Skiboy1 View Post
Thank you all for your honest posts and sharing. Just reading about your efforts are doing a great deal to help me with my own. I swam laps for an hour yesterday morning. Worked with my trainer for 1/2 an hour mid day and topped it off with an hour of water aerobics at the gym in the evening. Drank over 4 liters of water and ate just under 1500 calories with 74 grams of protein.

A good day.

My challenge is that every Friday my Girlfriend arrives arrives around 8.
She departs Monday morning.

Between cocktails, meals and an "on the go" weekend lifestyle, doing any workouts or keeping intake below 2000 calories is almost imposable.

Advice?
Sounds like you did great yesterday. We just need to get that happening most every day and you'll be shedding pounds like nobody's business!

Have you logged a weekend's worth of calories? If not, I think you should. It's pretty tough to make adjustments w/o a fairly accurate base line. Why don't you log this weekend's festivities, the good, the bad and the ugly and see what it looks like. Then we can make some more informed recommendations.

I do predict, though, that if you want to reach your goals in a reasonably quick time frame that you're going to have to make some adjustments to the weekends. Surely your girlfriend is interested in your health and would be willing to go along with some changes?

I think I mentioned that I tried the weekly "cheat day" and it was OK at first but the loses slowed up considerably. When I went to once a month, good things started happening. Just an observation.

What do you think?

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
  #537  
FitDay Member
 
Skiboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default

She is a big support and we have really cut back, but we like to do movies, go to bars for live music and dancing, Sunday night we do dinner with her two kids (19 &21) my Daughter and Son in law. We meet friends almost every Saturday night and sleep in Saturday and Sunday.

Here are the calorie numbers for the last 18 days, without the days just for fun.
Guess which are the Saturday Nights at the bars with friends:
1315
1553
952
1482
1803
3161
2284
1793
893
1189
1085
2371
3201
2491
1192
1391
1339
1372
Skiboy1 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
  #538  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Skiboy1 View Post
She is a big support and we have really cut back, but we like to do movies, go to bars for live music and dancing, Sunday night we do dinner with her two kids (19 &21) my Daughter and Son in law. We meet friends almost every Saturday night and sleep in Saturday and Sunday.

Here are the calorie numbers for the last 18 days, without the days just for fun.
Guess which are the Saturday Nights at the bars with friends:
1315
1553
952
1482
1803
3161
2284
1793
893
1189
1085
2371
3201
2491
1192
1391
1339
1372
So your average is just above 1700 a day--not bad, really. Assuming you burn around 3,000 cals a day, the math predicts about a 6.5 lb. loss during that time. How does that jive with the reality?

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:24 PM
  #539  
FitDay Member
 
Skiboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default

9 pounds in that time. I burn somewhat more than 3000 a day (except weekends). It's just hard to get back on track Mondays!
Skiboy1 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 PM
  #540  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
We will have a new challenge to lose 10% of your body weight starting up April 1st (when the current challenge ends) if you're interested. I really like the 10% goal in more-or-less 12 weeks as it's pretty doable yet makes a significant difference.

First Lois =I want to welcome you too! We are all in this together so don't be nervous to post.. I've already posted like 100 times. And yea, seeing someones experiences and questions and answers REALLY HELPS. So by posting you are helping other people, and yourself.

Second =
As for the 10% challenge Michael ?
I WANT TO TRY THIS! Can I join in too???????
Maybe I will do it by myself either way, but I'd prefer to participate with everyone else if that's allowed.
10% of 250 is 25 pounds, so i would have to lose 25 pounds ? That would be pretty awesome XD .. numbers might be less if I lose any weight this month.
Misery16226 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.