Community
Notices

Holiday Helpline

Old 10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, I ate 2 cupcakes! I don't feel guilty at all because I managed to work all my macros around them. Plus they were made from scratch just for me (I have food allergies) by a neighbor who thinks I would starve if she didn't feed me.

The rest are in the freezer because to be honest the two I had were worth it but anymore would have made me feel sick and gross and guilty. Not worth it to me!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Definitely nothing wrong with enjoying some cupcakes! I'm glad you worked them into your day and were able to truly enjoy them, guilt-free.
Thank you, VA and Almeeker, for your support. What a great thread.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Halloween is usually a hard one for me. I love the little fun size bars... especially butterfingers. I made it through without a single one. It was easy, I didn't buy any to pass out b/c I knew that I'd eat them. I put on the saints game, kept myself busy and nearly forgot that it was Halloween.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Halloween was a breeze, probably because this was my first year taking (my friends') kids trick or treating instead of going out and drinking waaay too much.

Thanksgiving should be fairly easy - it's just my hubby and me, so nothing fancy is going on there. Probably going to make a couple of cornish hens and mashed root veggies... mmmm..

Christmas tho... this is the year that I'm meeting my husband's family (we're in the military), and it's a double edged sword. On one hand, meeting them is really motivating me to get down into the healthy weight range (10 more lbs to go!) but on the other hand, there's going to be big dinners and restaurants and food out on the road...

I'm eating a lot of lean protein in order to prevent my old dieting nemesis, reactive hypoglycemia, so I'll prolly live on egg whites, bun-less burgers, and salads when my options are extremely limited (there's going to be many hours on the road, so i'm already prepared). I'm also planning on running every day, explore new neighborhoods. at the end of the day it's about making good food choices and having a plan!!