Community
Notices

How to lose weight?

Old 12-25-2014, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by asanhaishanto
Im a 21 year old male, 6 feet tall and about 258 lbs. I'm basically tired of being overweight. I've recently started to make better choices, for example. Taking vitamins, drinking alot of water, walking more, lifting dumbells, no more chips/soda, and go running atleast once a week. But I wanna know what's the best way to reach my goals of getting healthy. I need the best tips/tricks/advice. I dont have any serious illness I've been diagnosed with, and I wanna everything I can from preventing that from happening. And also if I must eat junk food for whatever reason, what's the best well know fast food restaurant to go to, and what do I order (besides salads). And I'm not home often, so if I stop at a gas station, what is a better choice to grab as a snack, instead of chips. I'm doing this for myself.
Thanks
Re fast food - luckily, all fast food places now show calories which will help. A basic burger or cheeseburger is fine; avoid the fries and drinks with sugar in them. I think most salads at fast food places are pretty much junk, myself; burgers are more satisfying and if you get a basic one not out of line with calories. I prefer In 'N Out Burgers (if you have them) because how they source the ingredients.

I did go to a sub sandwich place once under the theory that generally sandwiches are healthy; think I got BBQ beef or something. I checked the calories later on the shop's website and my jaw hit the ground. Could not believe how high they were! So if you have places you go regularly, check out the calories and decide what you'll order before you get there. Make sure it's something you like, or you will just binge later.

Re gas stations - I look for cheese sticks - string cheese or cheddar cheese, or maybe cheese and meat sticks. A lot of gas stations also have sandwiches or hot dogs you can heat up. And there was a gas station in Southern California, out in the desert, that had a Mexican restaurant in it - DELICIOUS! But ok, might not be good calorie-wise(smile)

Good luck! I do find tracking calories works well for my husband and me.

Skip fads, skip super-low-calories, just make some adjustments food-wise and do a bit more exercise and you'll be good. I had a friend who started by switching to diet soda and not super-sizing her lunches, and she ended up losing maybe 100 pounds? But she started with the basics.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

This is also what I look for and recommend for you
Old 04-24-2022, 09:34 PM
FitDay Member

I really appreciate you taking the step to work on your body and get healthy. Some advice I have is that you keep on going and don't give up. Keep working out, and keep eating healthy food. As you have started to take health supplements also I would recommend you to buy them from an authentic place as there are many fake supplements in the market too. I don't know about healthy food you can eat when you go outside but I believe if you ask the waiters about it, I guess they might be able to help you with it.
In the end, I would say that don't give up on your journy.

Old 04-26-2022, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

To lose weight you need to:-
1. Avoid junk food.
2. Eat under your calories, be in deficit calories,
3. Do compound exercise to lose weight.
4. complete Micro/macro nutrition for your body.

If you follow all of these above points then you can also use supplements for your body, such as Protein, omega, and multivitamin.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:52 PM
FitDay Member

There are a few things that you will have to do to lose weight like:
· Moving around more and sitting less.
· Exercising for at least an hour per day.
· Eating fresh vegetables and fruits.
· Meditating.
· Taking a walk in nature.
A few changes in your daily routine can make a big difference in your overall health.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Note = Remember that losing weight and losing fat are two different things. You can be chubby and have normal weight. Or, you can look healthy but be overweight.

To lose weight, you have to follow some very simple steps and tips -
  1. Healthy diet - You don’t need to starve yourself in order to lose weight. Just switch to healthy and nutritious food that is high in protein, minerals and vitamins, carbohydrates, and has less salt, trans fat, and bad cholesterol.
  2. Reduce your intake of sugar and salt. Sugar contains lots of calories, whereas salt can puff your face or cause bloating and water retention.
  3. Exercise - You can do simple exercises like yoga, running, and jogging to lose weight. If you are looking forward to having abs or becoming ripped like celebrities, then you can do HIIT, Cardio, or join a gym.
  4. The most important part is to drink a lot of water. Water improves overall body health and helps the body to flush out toxins, also improving immunity.
  5. Quit smoking, drinking, and consuming soda, beer, caffeinated cold drinks like Red Bull, Monster, etc.

Remember that the process to lose weight should be taken part with the aim to become healthier, it should not become a burden on you due to unhealthy, edited, images on social media or bad peer pressure.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:15 PM
FitDay Member

You have to eat less in the first place.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:26 PM
FitDay Member

These are the important things to keep in mind if you want to lose weight
  • Quit smoking
  • Do Regular exercise
  • Green tea 2 times in a day
  • Daily walk for daily 30 mins
  • Cycled for around 1 hour daily
  • Use boil vegetable or salad more
  • Reduce fats and cholesterol foods
  • Reduce consumption of fried chicken
  • Drink warm water throughout the day
  • No sugar instead jaggery some day is allowed
  • 4-5 egg whites around 8 pm/oats also you can take
Old 09-11-2022, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

Losing weight can be a daunting task, but with the right mindset and approach, it can be done! Here are some tips on how to lose weight and keep it off:

1. Set realistic goals. Trying to lose too much weight too quickly is often unsustainable and can lead to yo-yo dieting. Instead, set yourself a realistic goal that you can achieve over time.
2. Make changes to your diet. Eating healthy foods and reducing your calorie intake is key to losing weight. Cut out processed foods, sugary drinks, and unhealthy fats, and focus on eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
3. Get active. Exercise is essential for weight loss – aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week.
4. You need to find a way to cut calories. This can be done by eating smaller meals, cutting out high-calorie foods, and being more active.
5. You need to make sure you're getting enough exercise. Exercise not only burns calories, but it also helps to build muscle, which can help improve your metabolism.

Finally, you need to be patient and consistent with your weight loss plan. Weight loss takes time, so don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. Stick with it and soon you'll start seeing the pounds come off!
Old 09-13-2022, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

Losing weight depends mostly on nutrition, being in a caloric deficit. Burning energy and getting more muscles (which burn more energy) helps. So basically any program that gets your heartrate up and you enjoy enough to stick to for a long time (multiple times a week) will do. And remember it takes time to see progress (you probably didn’t gain the weight in 6 weeks either ). If you really out of your energy quickly, you can use natural weight loss supplements. i've used horny goat weed from vital herbal with doin workout regularly for over 2 months, very pleased with it. u can try if you like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.