Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/4/2012 Fresh start, everyone!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Aww c'mon, you can't just leave me haning like that! Well... did you cave in and get one? If so, I WANT DETAILS!
Sadly Mike I did not get a Blizzard. But the hubby came back from his trip today and brought home these ridiculously huge and delicious cupcakes. So I did help myself to half of one after my 3 mile run tonight. Pretty much anything I burned calorie-wise on that 30 min run was put back on in the 2 minutes it took me to eat that cupcake. But I still think it was well worth it!!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning, FD peeps! I hope everyone's having a great weekend so far.

Sorry for dropping off for a couple days there. Thursday got crazy and I was up till 2 trying to get a report out (snacking all the while), but I rebooted yesterday and ended up eating fewer than 600 cals, so hopefully it evened itself out. Sleep was marginal those 2 nights but last night I got a good 8-9 hours...a first in a long time.

I'm getting ready to go run/walk the trail with the hubby...and I am all caught up on work, so no reports, proofing, or billing this weekend ! I can't decide whether to relax or get into something like painting the basement ceiling .
Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back, too. Fell completely off of the wagon yesterday after I fell into a very old trap... seeing an unexpectedly low number on the scale and saying, "What the heck... I can afford to be bad today!" Did the 6 hour drive, there and back, to see my mom. As usual, our available activities that we have left are shopping and eating, so we did both- all day long. UGH! She is staying in the city that I grew up in until high school, so it was fun to spend the day visiting "the old neighborhood", so to speak. Visited an old-time butcher shop way out in the country where my parents used to buy all of our meat, 6 months at a time. I was stunned to see that it hadn't changed a bit in 30+ years! The animals are all farm raised and they are known for their specialty sausages, etc. Thankfully, I didn't bring a cooler or the caloric damages would have extended for months! The smell of all of the German specialty cheeses and sausages was unbelievable. Just as I remembered as a child. Their recipes remain the same, so I was able to taste things again for the first time in probably 35 years.

So, the bad news is that I ate incredibly unhealthy, calorie-ridden foods for an entire day. But, the good news is that I was able to reconnect with my childhood with my mom for probably one of our last times while she still has a few glimpses of mobility. Childhood memories are a funny thing... you're so excited to reconnect with old, familiar times and yet strangely saddened all at once.

After cleaning up my diet, I had already lost 4 pounds. So, I know that I have to set some emotions aside and regain that momentum before I fall face first into a weekend, pity-party eating binge. Sounds like something that a nice, hot shower could cure... and I'm on my way.

See you all later!

quinn
Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Oh CRUD! I had a long post composed on Word, copied it to the reply box, didn't save the Word composition, hit the refresh button to see if anyone else posted while I was composing and LOST EVERYTHING?! When will I learn to NOT DO THAT! Oh well, sometimes I have to take my memory lapses as comical.

I gotta get my day started! So quickly:

Jen, wishing you a better day.

Ann, glad you enjoyed the cupcake.

Quinn, wonderful that you had a lovely visit with your mom and at the old neighorhood and country butcher shop. Best wishes on not falling into emotional eating. We all know it doesn't help at all.

Cassie, kudos on getting back on track so quickly with food and on your exercise and sleep.

That modified TLC diet I was trying is just too hard for me to make a lifestyle. I'm tired of spending 30-45 minutes per day to pre-plan or re-juggle foods and portion sizes. With my carb limit at 25g net to keep my blood sugar reversed from pre-diabetic to normal and my protein goal set at 120g, it was just too hard to achieve a MINIMUM of 1200 calories to avoid sending my body to starvation mode with a total fat limit of 38% and 9% sat fat limit. I lost 30 lbs. and reversed my high blood sugar and high cholesterol to normal on 1500 calories, 300mg cholesterol and 12% sat fat. I'm not losing weight on this modified TLC diet and Doc told me my still high triglycerides will respond better to weight loss and exercise than to more strict cholesterol and sat fat guidelines.

My new goals are:
Calorie average 1300-1400
Dietary cholesterol average 250mg or less
Saturated fat average 10% or less of total calories
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g
Fiber minimum 25g
Protein average 120g or more
Exercise 5 days
Morning and evening supplements
Nutritious snack that won't take me off target

Last edited by Mern; 09-08-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Only six pages in as many days? Y'all aren't too chatty. Just checking in. To see how everyone is doing.

Ann, too bad on the Blizzard, I guess the cupcakes are a food substitute.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - How you were managing on 1200 cals was blowing my mind! That combined with factoring so much of this and no more than ** of that - hats off to you on managing as well as you did!

Quinn - did miss seeing you here - glad you enjoyed your visit with your mom. Going back to the ol' homestead and enjoying those same foods (amazing that the butcher's shop was still there!) - don't regret a thing! Cherish the chance to go back - even for a day!

Cassie - as hard as it may be - after the crazy week you've had, some relaxation would do you good! Congrats on all you've accomplished!

Well, had one of *those* emotional days. Had the parents over to tell them the situation here at home..my Mom took it VERY hard...brings tears to my eyes just remembering...my family loves him,and have taken him in as one of our own. To see my mom cry just broke my heart all over again.

Can't read that sentence again.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry - rough day. That attack of the melancholies was precipitated by a couple gin and cranberry juice cocktails.

ANYWAYYYYYY......

Friday's #: Calories: 983 Fats: 47.4 Carbs: 63.2 Proteins: 79.2

Today's #: Calories: 1,581 Fats: 73.7 Carbs: 88.6 Proteins: 79.8

Loving the new *short* haircut - and the psych session with my hairdresser - she's the best! Am prepared for that salsa day - picked up the last ingredients, and will likely end up with the full 5 gallon pot. Will start early tomorrow morning, and since #2 son had a buddy sleep over, the three kids will be unpaid, well-fed slave labor for the day.

Hope to touch base with you all tomorrow. If you happen to catch the aroma of tomatoes, garlic and perhaps a touch of cilantro, that'd be me....
Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, I know, right?? Very quiet week this time around. How's the cleanup effort going? Did you get the brain for your bike?

Quinn, so glad you had a lovely day yesterday with your mom. I hear what you're saying about going back to your hometown. It's quite a basket of mixed feelings. There's a part of it that feels it never changes, but there's always an awareness that it has. I was thinking this past week about taking my son to my hometown next summer and going to all the neat places we took field trips to when I was in school, and I honestly teared up while thinking about it. It's a strange feeling, for sure.

Jenn, I hope you were able to recover today. We've all been there, and probably chased that pizza with ice cream, too. Emotional eating is the pits. As far as tips...if I can make myself exercise, that helps, because then I don't want to ruin that with unnecessary calories. Journaling sometimes helps. Posting here to be accountable helps.

Mern, I certainly think that doing the best you can do and doing what works will bring you the most success. An eating plan is no good if it's not something you can stick with, as you know. And nobody can ever say you didn't give it your best effort...we are all witness to how diligently you tried to make it work. What you did worked before; it will work for you again. As always, I really like the way you post your thought processes here .

Ann, half a cupcake is better than a whole one...or two...! I don't think calories are wasted if they're worth it. Is the little guy letting you get any good sleep?

Judi, sounds like you are feeling a little raw tonight. Sending hugs your way. I tend to avoid the cliche that a door never closes without a window opening, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. When I look back now at the most difficult times of my life, I can see why they happened, but I surely couldn't at the time. I know you will get through this with grace. Enjoy your day in the kitchen tomorrow; personally, I find that very therapeutic!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, the clean up is going well. Pretty much back to normal. Thanks. Yep, her brain came in Thursday. Plugged her in and she fired right up. Been doing a lot of riding.

Here's a little video of her purring. YouTube - GSXR and RX7 exhaust clip
Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Here's a little video of her purring. YouTube - GSXR and RX7 exhaust clip
Niiiiice. I couldn't open the link from here but it worked when I went to your channel on the regular YouTube site.

Now just don't park her near stupid people and you should be fine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.