FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8133-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-8-27-12-a.html)

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 09:05 AM

Mern, it'll be out for at least a day. They don't send the power crews out to restore power until it is safe for them. The latest news is that Isaac has downgraded to a tropical storm but in bad new... it hasn't moved in two hours. It just sitting still spinning.

Mern 08-29-2012 09:52 AM

Did you plan ahead to save your meats and other perishables in a cooler chest with ice?

Are ya gonna make good use of the dark for romancing GF? ;)

Did you get any good footage of the storm?

judipurple 08-29-2012 10:56 AM

Mern - good investigative reporting - the local news could really use you! lol

So, Mike - weeeellllll???

frenchhen3 08-29-2012 11:38 AM

Yes mike... Well.....???????

Mern 08-29-2012 12:00 PM

Judi and Frenchhen. :)

Cassie, I was amazed to get a reply from the Vitacost, the manufacturers of my low carb Walker Diet Shake Mix, to my email asking for a more complete fat breakdown. The nutrition label lists 6g total fat, but only 1g sat fat and the other 5g are unaccounted for. The same customer service rep followed through after relaying the question to the manufacturing department. She replied today: "The polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats would each be less than 0.5g per serving: anything above that is required to be listed in the Supplement Facts panel. Some of the fats are from other sources, as in hi-oleic omega fatty acids, so that's where the balance of the 5 grams comes in." The ingredients label does list "high oleic sunflower oil."

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 12:36 PM

Pimp daddy took care of her. I don't need the darkness for anything. If I want it dark, I'll flip a switch. ;) she did tick me off because I was putting the perishables in the cooler and she started getting pissy with me.

Mern 08-29-2012 12:44 PM

Aw, glad pimp daddy took care of GF :p ;)

Had to be irritating to have to put the perishables in the cooler, but thank God for ice and coolers, eh? Sorry GF got pissy, though.

I hope your electricity is restored soon.

Big dry, safe hug to ya!

cjohnson728 08-29-2012 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 88366)
Pimp daddy took care of her. I don't need the darkness for anything. If I want it dark, I'll flip a switch. ;) she did tick me off because I was putting the perishables in the cooler and she started getting pissy with me.

Please, no film at 11. Hurricane vids only!

Mern, I'm glad they got back to you so quickly. I was under the same impression...that they just didn't have to list it. But the other things it could be, in this case at least, are healthy! I hope all goes well tomorrow at the doc's.

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 01:02 PM

No, Cassie you have nothing to worry about.

01gt4.6 08-29-2012 02:15 PM

Well my phone is slow right now. I think a cell tower probably went down. This damn storm just won't go away. The wind and the rain is picking up. Still now flooding here but I think at this pace our streets will flood. I hope it moves on soon so the power crews can get out here and restore the power to the city. I hope that we have power by Friday but that may be wishful thinking.