FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8133-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-8-27-12-a.html)

Mern 08-27-2012 12:39 PM

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

ichalk, thanks for your encouragement on my blood test results. Kudos on your sodium monitoring, and close to your targets for exercise, sleep, and water. :)

Judi, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Big hug to ya!

Nichaleh, you finished up your week very, very nicely on target. Well done! Thanks for your encouragement on my eating lifestyle changes.

Sunday Report
Hardest thing for me right now on my new way of eating is to get in enough calories of food to keep me satisfied and not feeling deprived before I run out of fat or carb calories. But I'll get it with enough practice and planning ahead.

Calorie limit 1500 1357, 1175, 1168
Net Carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g net (no change) 20.4g, 21g, 25g
Fiber average 25g (no change) 32g, 28g, 32g
Lean meat, poultry, or fish 5 oz. maximum per day YES, YES, YES
Protein average minimum 120g Calling my 117g green because that was darned admirable in view of having only 5 oz. of meat. :p, 119g close enough, 91g
Cholesterol average 200mg limit 182mg, 165mg, 93mg
Saturated fat average 8% of total calories 14%, 10%, 11%

Mern 08-27-2012 01:08 PM

Cassie, the company that makes my low carb diet shake mix sent me a reply to my request for the poly and mono fat content. She does not yet have the info, but understood my need for the info to monitor my ratio of those fats in an effort to reduce my triglycerides without meds. She forwarded my email to the manufacturing unit to try to get the answer for me.

I almost decided my new way of eating, The Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet, is too hard and I can't do it. But then I read people with metabolic syndrome (I qualified with my huge belly, high triglycerides, and HDL under 50) should aim for the higher of the total fat range of 23-35 grams per day in order to keep their carbs in check. So that made me feel more validated. The recommendation for sat fat is no more than 7% of total calories, but I'm going to aim for 8% since my doc often reminds me I don't have to be perfect, just better than I used to be.

So here are my goals for this week:
Calorie limit 1500
Total fat calories limit 35% of total calories
Saturated fat limit 8% of total calories
Meat, poultry and fish limit 5 oz. per day
Cholesterol under 200mg
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g
Fiber minimum 25g
Protein minimum 120g
Exercise 5 days
Water 64oz.
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements

frenchhen3 08-27-2012 01:17 PM

Hi!

This week is MY week! I am going to adhere to all my goals. You guys hear me? No excuses this week for me!

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly.
Walk at least 10000 steps a day.
Take supplements.
Drink 64 oz of water daily.
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day.

I've got to be honest with ME!

Mern: I found out when I cut out all processed food, I don't get hungry, at all. I also learned a lot from a book called the New Glucose Revolution. Have you read it? Changed the way I eat entirely.

kayla.underhill 08-27-2012 01:42 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry I disappeared last week. Wednesday night, out of nowhere, my boyfriend of 3 years and the father of my child announced that he was no longer happy with me, packed his things, and left. Needless to say I gave myself the rest of the week off. I didn't lose any, but I maintained, which is better than I hoped for. So I took the opportunity to clean out my kitchen of everything unhealthy that he just "couldn't live without" and fill it with all of the healthy things I wanted. :) I'm back in it now, here are my repetitive goals for this week.

Stay within calorie limits.
Keep carbs at or under 33%.
Drink lots of water.
In bed by 10:30.
4 Workouts.

Mern 08-27-2012 01:53 PM

Frenchhen, great to see you so committed to making this YOUR week. That's surely a good example for the rest of us. Thanks for the book recommendation and tip on the processed foods. I haven't read the New Glucose Revolution but I do have Atkins Diabetes Revolution which cautions us against processed foods. I cook mostly from scratch and avoid sodium nitrite and nitrate as much as possible, but yes, there is room for improvement on processed foods. This new diet should help me curb processed foods even more since the fat is a tight restriction for me. Kudos on being only 5 lbs. from goal!

Mern 08-27-2012 01:56 PM

Kayla, I'm so sorry for your breakup. Wishing you and your child much happiness as you make adjustments. OMG, KUDOS for already starting to take charge and now allowing this "disruption" in your life to destroy all your hard work on your healthful eating lifestyle. Big hug to ya!

cjohnson728 08-27-2012 02:32 PM

Morning, all...

Mern, thank you for getting us started today. I'm glad to hear that someone is taking the time to research your fats question for you. I think you did a good job thinking through what you need with the TLC diet. It is really difficult to get all the pieces into place when one limitation has the potential to set the others out of whack. I always forget what triglycerides are...they are affected by both carbs and fat, right? I have faith you'll get it :).

Frenchhen, I am cloning your motivation this week: This week is MY week! I am going to adhere to all my goals. You guys hear me? No excuses this week for me! LOL, I might print it out and put it on the fridge and the pantry.

Kayla, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope the purge of your kitchen gave you a mental boost as well as a health one. Hang in there; you will get through this. You are strong and smart and motivated. We're all here if you need to vent.

cjohnson728 08-27-2012 02:39 PM

...and, once again, my broken-record goals:

1. Calorie limit 1300.
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines.
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least.
4. Sleep 7 hours.
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Eat clean.
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily.

And just because I like Frenchhen's motto so much, I'll repeat it here with my goals!

This week is MY week! I am going to adhere to all my goals. You guys hear me? No excuses this week for me!

judipurple 08-27-2012 02:43 PM

Happy (?) Monday everyone! Thank you for your kind words, and support. It will be an "interesting" time for us...
Mike, we've been in counseling for 6+ months, and this was rather out of the blue. As I mentioned, he has agreed to continue with the projects, and visit with the kids, with no change in the finances (I have always been CFO, so that is a relief). For how long, I don't know.

We have another counseling session next week, he said he will go, and I will be there with a list of questions and concerns, trust me.

The toughest part of this will be telling my family. I get a clenching feeling in my belly just thinking about it. My little sister is going through a divorce right now, and I hate to add this to my parents' worries. I will probably hold off until all my ducks are in a row, so I can alleviate any concerns for them. It still will hurt, because they love him dearly.

Cassie - good one on the oxygen analogy - yeah, I'm trying to keep my head above the fray, so the boys know at least one parent is here for them.

Nicaleh & Mern - thank you for the hugs and prayers - they are needed and appreciated.

Kayla - I already messaged you, but I will reiterate - You Do Have The Strength! Many, many hugs (I know - I need 'em too!), and keep your support (online and at home) close by. We are here, and never be afraid to ask for help.

Many Blessings to you all - because you all are a Blessing to me!

nobe 08-27-2012 02:54 PM

I'm in. I need to be in. I've had a hard time getting re-motivated and I'm gaining weight. This morning I'm up to 168. I keep falling off the wagon halfway through the day and then beating myself up over it. This week I'm working 4 days and I'm at the mercy of hubby's rich, carby dinners, but I'm going to do my best. I just bought a bunch of new, size 13 work pants, I can't get fat again!

calories <1600
water >64oz
protein > 20%
take vitamins
move

nobe 08-27-2012 03:06 PM

Just had time to skim a few posts...

Kayla - so sorry to hear! Kudos on trying to stay on track at such a difficult time.

Judi - looks like you're in a similar situation. My condolences to you too.

Mern - I don't know how you do it, having such a fine balance with everything, nutrition-wise. You're fantastic!

dar n 08-27-2012 04:48 PM

Mern You always motivate me with how dedicated you are, thanks.:)

Frenchhen I agree with Cassie your motto is much needed in my week too.

Kayla and Judipurple Sorry to hear about your situations I hope you both find many moments of joy in the hard days ahead.

Nobe I get the falling off the wagon then beating myself up that’s been me for the last couple months I have struggled with great eating all week then messing up my weekends but this week I am borrowing frenchhens motto and this will be my week to start doing it right again.

Ok I tweaked my old goals into ones I can hopefully do even with my long hours at work. I will have my first challenge today as my parents are on the ferry coming to take dd and I out for lunch, I can’t wait to see them but can live without the challenge of a restaurant menu. I hope you all have a great day.:)

Goals:
Walk 15k:
Exercise 2 days:
Squats 4 days:
Ab work 4 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:

amalthea1892 08-27-2012 05:14 PM

Goals week of August 27th
1. Focus on whole foods.
2. Water (70oz min).
3. Gym 2x this week.
4. Core exercises at home on non-gym days.
5. Start another item on my long-standing to-do list.
6. Positive thinking!

We did not get evacuated! The fire I wrote about on Saturday, which was predicted to quickly spread to 100+ acres, was contained to 5 acres within a few hours. Cal Fire is second to none when it comes to wildland firefighting! Now all we need is some moron on a riding lawn tractor to set it off again… which actually happened a few years back and about 100 homes were lost in that fire. #6 I’m really looking forward to fall (positive thinking right?)

#4 - I found a great new workout in Shape magazine – really good core exercises that do not included those dreaded crunches:
Get a hard-core workout at home: The moves - Shape Magazine - Page 1

Mern – Congratulations on your numbers!!! What a fantastic accomplishment!

April – I am so happy for you, I hope you LOVE your new job!

Mike – Geez… good luck getting the bike repairs/$ all figured out quickly! And a storm on the way… Great catch on the insurance… whew!

Judi – Sending big hugs your way. And mean thoughts his way (is it okay to do that?).

FrenchHen – You OWN it girl! I like the badittude!

Kayla – Geez… Oh I am so sorry to hear! I like that you moved him right on out of your fridge…

Cassie – You OWN it too! Wishing you a great week!

Nobe – I really like your goal to just Move. It must be tough to balance a new job into your life with all your other responsibilities. I’ll be rooting you on this week!

Darlene – Lunch menu’s are the worst… it is so hard to find a restaurant that posts nutrition facts as well. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family today!

Happy Monday! Ama
5’6” 39yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance (within a 3lb range)

jjrudd 08-27-2012 07:34 PM

Not sure how much I will be in this week, but I will be sure to comment if I can.
Woke up Sat morning with vertigo. I get the episodes every so often which means I am unable to exercise until my balance is better. I'm thinking I must have started feeling off on Fri and that is why my blood sugar was spiking. So frustrating because I exercised 5 days in the week and was within range for carbs and protein. Have only had cereal and soup mostly.
Jenn

cjohnson728 08-27-2012 07:50 PM

Feel better soon, Jenn...I have struggled with that myself and I feel for you! What do you do for it?

Mern 08-27-2012 08:46 PM

Today was live-in GD's first day of college (commutes--only a 15 minute drive) and she came home with a computer file on her little file storage thing hanging from her keychain on which she downloaded an .xps file at school that she needed to print out and read. She has a laptop but no printer and the cable to hook her laptop to my printer doesn't have the right connector things--I guess we need to look for an adapter. So we hooked her little "computer file storage thing hanging from her keychain" (I don't know what they're called) to my computer but my Windows XPS viewer, though enabled, is not working. I spent two and a half hours trying to find a solution and finally learned it has a corrupt file. I had the presence of mind to look for a free viewer on the Internet and downloaded that and enabled it as the default viewer, so now we're all set. I hate computer problems because we don't have any tech support and DH doesn't know any more than I do about computers.

Jenn, so sorry to learn about your vertigo attack. I've never had that, but I do know it's a really scary thing to deal with. Wishing you a better week ahead. Big hug to ya!

Ama, OMG, wonderful news that you are safe from the wildfire and that it was contained to five acres. Your firefighters are so skilled and dedicated! Thanks for your congrats on my blood test results. And best wishes to you on your goals this week including the new exercise routine.

Cassie, triglycerides are a type of fat found in the blood that we use for energy. We all need some for good health but high triglycerides can put one at risk for heart disease. Among the causes are listed obesity, poorly controled diabetes, and eating more calories than one burns, so that's where limiting fats and carbs come into play. Thanks for your faith that I'll get the hang of my new way of eating. I still need to discuss it with the doc at Thursday's "summit" but I'm 99.9% sure she'll approve. I think I'll be giving up my Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce which I was eating in limited quantities. I was having one tablespon per day atop a spinach omelet for .75g sat fat but I may give it up in protest since Ragu was unable to give me the breakdown of the mono and sat fats. It's a processed food anyway. As far as your "broken record goals" go, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :) You are one of my role models, so I KNOW you can do it. :)

Judi, thanks for your return blessings which are much appreciated.

Nobe, huge hug to you as you commit yourself to trying really hard this week to lose weight and avoid DH's well-intentioned carby dinners. We know you can do it. :) I got a chuckle out of your kind post--"having such a fine balance with everything nutrition-wise." Oh, I can "talk the talk" but it's harder to put my ideas into practice. I deeply appreciate your confidence in me, though.

Darlene, I'm only dedicated to my current cause of lowering triglycerides because I don't want to take meds for it. I'm glad some of the motivation is contageous, though. :) Kudos to you on reworking your goals to ones you can follow while working long hours. Wishing you a great visit and enjoyable lunch with your parents.

01gt4.6 08-27-2012 09:05 PM

I'm in with some bs goals (no food goals). :o

We are under a moratorium so I won't be able to write policies this week, so I'll likely miss my qtr. end numbers.

1) Update y'all daily (if possible) of the storm
2) Don't let the wind take away my camera as I film the hurricane
3) Get yard cleaned up after storm passes
4) Start putting my bike back together (unless parts are delayed)

01gt4.6 08-27-2012 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by judipurple (Post 88184)
Mike, we've been in counseling for 6+ months, and this was rather out of the blue. As I mentioned, he has agreed to continue with the projects, and visit with the kids, with no change in the finances (I have always been CFO, so that is a relief). For how long, I don't know.

We have another counseling session next week, he said he will go, and I will be there with a list of questions and concerns, trust me.

The toughest part of this will be telling my family. I get a clenching feeling in my belly just thinking about it. My little sister is going through a divorce right now, and I hate to add this to my parents' worries. I will probably hold off until all my ducks are in a row, so I can alleviate any concerns for them. It still will hurt, because they love him dearly.

I've been divorced twice... still baffles me that 2 women would actually let a catch like me go. ;) Good luck and try to stay strong and sane. When all is said and done, you may wish that y'all did it sooner.:cool:

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 88196)

We did not get evacuated! The fire I wrote about on Saturday, which was predicted to quickly spread to 100+ acres, was contained to 5 acres within a few hours. Cal Fire is second to none when it comes to wildland firefighting! Now all we need is some moron on a riding lawn tractor to set it off again… which actually happened a few years back and about 100 homes were lost in that fire. #6 I’m really looking forward to fall (positive thinking right?)

Mike – Geez… good luck getting the bike repairs/$ all figured out quickly! And a storm on the way… Great catch on the insurance… whew!

Awesome news on the fire. Yeah with me being in the insurance industry, I can't believe I almost let that slip by. I guess I've had so much going on over the past few weeks that I didn't even think about it. I may never need flood insurance but I don't mind paying for the piece of mind.

Speaking of... I did go get sandbags today... just in case!

01gt4.6 08-27-2012 09:14 PM

Update

I finally got the check back from the lien holder today. That was nice to see in my mailbox.

I got the following reply back from the supervisor at PowersportsPlus:
Hello Michael,
I do truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I have refunded the restocking fee to your PayPal account. Order number 70320201 has been reinstated. Part numbers 94450-15J00-YBD and 94470-14J00-YUA are the only items on this order. I have refunded your credit card for the remaining balance of the order $274.38. I have applied the Meet Sister promotional code to this order as a courtesy for the inconveniences. I have also made the purchase order with a urgent status. As soon that part becomes available it will overnight to our location. I would also like to offer you a commercial discount on your next order if you choose to do so. I have researched this order to find out which representative you were speaking with and, I have personally gone over all issues with this order. I can assure you we believe in return customers and great customer service. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and hope you will consider us for your next part purchase.

traceymc1985 08-27-2012 09:43 PM

Good week turns into a bad week!! AGAIN!!!!

Why, why, why does this seem to be a pattern. Everytime i have a great week with a great loss does it go up in smoke and gain again. Then get the kick up my backside to do really well- feel great and then the same over!!!
Really upset with myself, feel greedy and ashamed.
I know i can do it but why am i not doing it for longer than a week???
I just want to eat all the wrong things and gorge without thinking about calories. This isnt really me- not that i think anyway but its that 17stone OLD me that keeps coming back.
I need to turn this around again. take a hold of it and continue, keep going and not lose the plot. HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

amalthea1892 08-27-2012 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 88205)
Not sure how much I will be in this week, but I will be sure to comment if I can.
Woke up Sat morning with vertigo. I get the episodes every so often which means I am unable to exercise until my balance is better. I'm thinking I must have started feeling off on Fri and that is why my blood sugar was spiking. So frustrating because I exercised 5 days in the week and was within range for carbs and protein. Have only had cereal and soup mostly.
Jenn

Jenn - So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I had vertigo episodes several years ago, and docs thought it was benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) or positional vertigo (an inner ear thing). It cleared up after a month or so, but was pretty bad during that time. I sure hope you feel better soon! Don't worry about posting, just take care of you and come back when you can.

Hunny24 08-27-2012 09:50 PM

Well had a great night out with the hubby to celebrate my birthday. Too bad I woke up with a horrible hangover and was exhausted. But feeling back to my ol' self again and will be going for a run shortly. I did hit the gym yesterday and started lifting weights again. Arms are killing me today but it will get easier. Diet went out the window last night as you can imagine but back at it today and need to stick with it all week. Hope you are all off to a great start of the week.

kayla.underhill 08-27-2012 10:05 PM

Hey everybody! I'm having an awesome day today, much needed shennanigans from the officers at work cheered me right up. Calories are good, carbs are good, and I just finished working out. :) I'll report numbers later. Thanks everybody for the support and encouragement!

cjohnson728 08-27-2012 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 88219)
benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) or positional vertigo (an inner ear thing).

This is what mine is...if you do a search for BPPV, one site gives some very helpful vestibular rehab exercises.

Gotta run pick up the hubby from work; hopefully he will have his car back tomorrow. Catch up with y'all later; stay dry, Mike!

amalthea1892 08-27-2012 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by traceymc1985 (Post 88217)
Why, why, why does this seem to be a pattern. Everytime i have a great week with a great loss does it go up in smoke and gain again. Then get the kick up my backside to do really well- feel great and then the same over!!!
Really upset with myself, feel greedy and ashamed.
I know i can do it but why am i not doing it for longer than a week???
I just want to eat all the wrong things and gorge without thinking about calories. This isnt really me- not that i think anyway but its that 17stone OLD me that keeps coming back.
I need to turn this around again. take a hold of it and continue, keep going and not lose the plot. HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Tracey - I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling... You know you can do this, and have proven that you can do this! You have lost 82lbs so far... which is Fantastic!!! One trick I found when I am really tempted to eat something naughty is to turn my frustration and anger onto the food I am trying to avoid. It sounds stupid to yell at a donut (ok, yelling inside my head at a donut because they show up only at my work), but it really truely works for me! Food is totally unappetising when I am finished bawling it out. Another trick is to read the label and log the food in first. Just seeing the numbers can dissipate a craving pretty quickly. I also try filling up with water when a craving hits, which definately helps. Whatever you do please don't be too hard on yourself, you are here and you are making progress... keep trying and big hug to you!

Mern 08-27-2012 10:59 PM

Mike, keeping you, your family and property in my prayers, as well as all the residents of the gulf states. A huge YAHOO on the lien holder refund and letter and refund info from PowersportsPlus. So glad someone there really does care about customer service and fairness.

Tracey, it certainly is not easy to eat healthfully all the time. I have been where you are many times over. I think I try to trick myself into believing one more cheat won't hurt me or that the scale won't notice. OMG, you've come such a long way from 234 lbs to 152! Major congratulations on that! I was up to 246 lbs. 2 years ago and am only down 20 lbs. for the same reasons you cite. How long did it take you to get down to your current weight--down 82 lbs? Tell us what you can to in order to get your motivation back up. Do you have any certain events coming up for which you'd like to be at a lower weight? How about setting a short term goal and then giving yourself a non-food reward when you reach it--like treating yourself to a movie, or a new blouse/top, something inexpensive but pretty for your house? By golly, I'm going to do it--when I lose 10 lbs. I don't know what it'll be yet, but I'm going to buy myself something that costs up to $20--anything I want--something I don't need but want--and I very, very rarely do that.

Ann, glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration except for the hangover Kudos on hitting the gym and getting right back on the wagon. :)

Kayla, hooray on your great day! Way to go with the positive attitude!

Cassie, that's great that DH may have his car back tomorrow. :)

Ama, I just loved your reply to Tracey. I have talked to my food before, too--hey, we all do what we gotta do! LOL I did prelog two pieces of sugar free candy into my snack tonight, but when I saw it would put me over in my fat allowance for the day, I did take it off--wasn't worth blowing my day for a few moments of chocolate pleasure.

kayla.underhill 08-27-2012 11:24 PM

Just throwing my 2 cents in, logging everything ahead of time really does help. I log my entire day when I get up in the morning. That way if something is not quite right, I can tweak it before I mess up. :)

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 12:09 AM

Kayla, that is the best way to stay on track. Planning ahead is key. Too bad I haven't been doing that lately.

Mern, thanks! I hope to be able to come back with some good news and boring video footage.

nobe 08-28-2012 01:44 AM

calories <1600 - 1449
water >64oz - 64oz
protein > 20% - 20%
take vitamins - yes
move - worked 8hrs/walked to and from work

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by nobe (Post 88242)
move - worked 8hrs/walked to and from work

Very good, unless you work from home. ;)

kayla.underhill 08-28-2012 02:20 AM

Mike, I am in SETX, hoping to get a little storm action. Where are you at? :)

cjohnson728 08-28-2012 03:15 AM

Quick check in; I'm...wait for it...going to bed early tonight!

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Eat clean. Fair
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes

Hope you all had a good day, or at least got through it without hitting and biting. See you all tomorrow :).

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill (Post 88244)
Mike, I am in SETX, hoping to get a little storm action. Where are you at? :)

I'm in Slidell (the green star). Just north of New Orleans.
http://www.bestplaces.net/images/city/Slidell_LA.gif
http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/tropic...us_600x405.jpg

I will get hit but the storm looks to be weak and not very structured. There's a lot of dry air surrounding the east side of it that's keeping it from gaining much strength. We should get some nasty weather late Tuesday/early Wednesday but I'm thinking it won't be too bad. It looks like you should be in the clear.

kayla.underhill 08-28-2012 03:38 AM

Hello all! Overall I had a pretty good day, I didn't meet my bedtime goal, but I'm giving myself a bit of a pass on that. :) Here are my numbers.

Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 683.
Keep carbs at or under 33%. Yes, 33%
Drink lots of water. Yes.
In bed by 10:30. No.
4 Workouts. M-Y.

Mike, stay safe! You're right, it doesn't look like it will be a bad one at all. We should be fine, at the most maybe we'll get some rain from it. :)

Ann, glad you had a good birthday, and I'm proud of you for getting up at working out even though you felt bad. :)

Tracey, stick with it girl! I know you can turn it around.

Ok, goodnight everyone! I will see you all tomorrow.

dar n 08-28-2012 05:24 AM

Hi everyone I hope everyone near the storm is safe. Have a great night all!:)

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=3.1k
Exercise 2 days: M=N
Squats 4 days: M=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1255
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-756
No sugar: M=N

01gt4.6 08-28-2012 09:16 AM

I'll try to do my updates with music

It's 4:15 and the storm is still just a tropical storm. Outside is calm and there's no rain.

judipurple 08-28-2012 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good attitude Mike - but we're still gonna keep you in prayer! :D

Sounds like this thread's gonna be a good one this week! Lotsa positive energies! C'mon, people - let's keep it going!

Good walk yesterday - have added about another 3/4 mile to the total, and although the sprinting is down to about 3 times, I only sprint UP hill. And lemme tell you - I feel it - I am gasping and wicked winded. The recovery takes longer, but I think I'm doing more. The waist is down to 34" - from 38" the beginning of July! So I guess something's working :rolleyes:.

Numbers:
Calories: 1,522 Fats: 81.8 Carbs: 76.5 Proteins: 121.6

I have been keeping track of the above numbers in a document on my desktop - as well as any changes (downward) in the waist and the scale. It heartens me to see the "big" picture at once, realizing that the changes are happening, and that overall I am keeping the numbers on track.

Well, tomorrow I start work again - I'll be putting in more hours when I can, and hope to be able to sock some away. My girlfriends and I have a dream vacation in mind - to Sedona AZ for a long weekend or a full week. We don't have a time frame as to when, but it gives me something to look forward to,to save and plan for.

Attachment 360

....sigh.... aaahhh, the potential photo ops!

Mern 08-28-2012 01:15 PM

Monday report is not very good. I got busy with computer and family committments and didn't stick to my goals. After I posted about logging sugar free chocolate in advance often keeps me from eating it, I caved anyway and traded my protein shake for the chocolate--which is what drove my fat too high. Today is a fresh start.

Calorie limit 1500: 1088
Total fat calories limit 35% of total calories: 41%
Saturated fat limit 8% of total calories: 14%
Meat, poultry and fish limit 5 oz. per day: YES
Cholesterol under 200mg: 101mg
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 23g
Fiber minimum 25g: 25g
Protein minimum 120g: 103g
Exercise 5 days: day off
Water 64 oz.: No
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements: Half
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target: sugar free chocolate

Mern 08-28-2012 01:33 PM

Nobe, Cassie, and Kayla! Wonderful Monday reports! :)

Cassie, I didn't hit or bite anyone yesterday. :p

Darlene, hi and big hug to ya!

Mike and Kayla, wishing you safety and no damage.

Judi, thanks for your cheering for our group. I'm going to make today a way better day than yesterday. Kudos on your exercise and shrinking waist! Your hard work on diet and exercise are really paying off! You'll be looking great when that Sedona vacation rolls around.

frenchhen3 08-28-2012 01:34 PM

Nobe: I love your “MOVE” statement! A body in motion stays in motion...

Dar n: Restaurants scare the life out of me when I am on a strict “LOG ALL FOOD” mode. I am eager to hear how you did. Hopefully I can learn from you.

Ama: Keep that “jump bag” handy... it’s a comfort.

Jenn: Make sure you are hydrating, vertigo is not pleasant and from what I hear dehydration can make the symptoms a little worse.

Mern: Don’t sell yourself short, sounds like you know A LOT about computers if you were able to figure THAT out!

Mike: BE CAREFUL!!!

Tracey: Re-visit your progress. I find that carries me through the plateaus and pitfalls of this weight loss-maintain-gain-loss-maintain-life that we are going through. Those old log-ins and measurements really keep me motivated when the motivation is waning.

Judi: Congrats on your progress! One measurement that I wished I would have started tracking earlier is the “High Bust” measurement. (Sorry Mike)(which is right under the arms across the chest) I didn’t start measuring that until I was down about 20 pounds... but even then, I lost the most inches there! With your waist measurement under 35 inches, each inch from now further reduces your risk of heart disease.

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly. M,
Walk at least 10000 steps a day. 14,652
Take supplements. M
Drink 64 oz of water daily. M
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day. M

I've got to be honest with ME!

So here was my dose of honesty for Monday: My dog recently went to the vet and now has to take a supplement and an antibiotic for a month. I set a timer on my watch and mark his little pills and supplements so that I don’t forget to give it to him and administer them on time to the letter, etc. Do I do that for myself? Do I take my health and well being as seriously as I do his?