Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? >

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Community
Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I'm here trying one last attempt at the sunrise. I've been sitting in the dark with the camera rolling for about a 1/2 hour. The sun is starting to peek out and so far nobody has decided to block my sunshine. Speaking of my sunshine, happy birthday quinniepoo!!

My diet has consisted of junk food, lots of it. I'm sure I'll be way up.

The girls have been on the straight and narrow since I exploded the other day.
Aww.... Thanks Cupcake! Glad to hear your vacation is going better. Can't wait to see your pics. No sunshine here this morning, just rain. Should clear up by afternoon, though.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

Ugh the week continues. This morning I didn't feel like working out. A little sore (probably from my flopping about on the ground yesterday) so I laid on the bed to search for a stretching video online to do instead of a vigorous workout but fell asleep instead. Woke up at 7am. What time do I start work? Yep, you guessed it 7am. I usually get here about 7:15 and that is okay with my boss. I made record time this morning. I went from night shirt and sleep hair to fully dressed, teeth brushed, contacts in and hair & makeup done in 12 minutes. Heck yeah! It was 7:34 when I punched in today. I won't get in trouble but it does make the heart race.

Happy Birthday Quinn!!!
Thanks! Wow, out the door and ready in 12 minutes! I think my record is about 20. lol Sounds like part of your funk this week might just be being over tired! Treat yourself to an after dinner nap or something relaxing. All the chores will still be there the next day!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

OK I will start:
1) Explore gentle yoga or mellow exercise class (new goal!) or walk or gym (old goal) at least 3x: went to the gym and actually worked up a sweat, been researching gently yoga classes in my area, no -fibro, no- bad back
2) meditate 20 minutes per day (newish) and one hour on Sat (new goal): outside on my porch, so good, no, yes
3) avoid sugar, it is NOT your friend: despite temptation yes, yes, chips with some sugar in em
4) write 500 "real" work daily: yes, yes, yes
5) one hour writing daily: yes and I rejoined the writing class I had dropped, no but I was in class so I did writing related stuff for 3 hours, [COLOR="seagreen"]yes[/COLOR
]6) fruits and veg: 6 or more, no, yes7) water yourself : 9 cups, yes 10 cups at least, yes 8
8) if you cannot do it with a giving heart, don't do it: hmmmmmm, working on it, yes, yes I gave up my writing day and an acupuncture appointment to spend time with DD - gladly (though now my back does hurt, it was worth it.)
9) take supplements: yes, yes, yes
10) stretch: yes, yes, yes

I'm doing better than I thought considering I've been eating like crazy.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday, Quinn!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 07-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, wishing you a wonderful day and a great time in Mackinaw Island this weekend.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Happy Birthday, Quinn!!!!
Thank you!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, wishing you a wonderful day and a great time in Mackinaw Island this weekend.

Thanks! How did you get my picture??
Old 07-19-2012, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Thanks! How did you get my picture??
That's supposed to be a picture of me. Well, they said everyone has a double. Ooh--double. When you order, tell the bartender to make it a double. LOL

I love Maxine. She keeps me grounded when I start to take some things too seriously.

Live-in GD came home crying yesterday. Someone in a store parking lot put a huge dent in the majority of her rear fender and took off without leaving a note. It being a 1997 Toyota with a huge insurance deductible she didn't report it. Luckily my son was able to pound out most of the dent with a mallet through the trunk but there are some deep gauges that are really noticeable. DS and I are going to get some stuff from the auto supply store to try to patch it up ourselves. She was smiling yesterday when she saw the progress we had made.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Wasn't able to log/report/read the thread yesterday, and I don't really remember what I ate. I'm sure I went over, but my Wednesday weigh-in was 167.5 (-2), which means I met my mini goal (!!). I'm trying not to take weight loss when the kids are here too seriously; last year I lost 10 pounds in the last couple of weeks of their visit, and promptly gained it back and then some when they left. But yay! I'm back at pretty much my pre-pregnancy weight (I'm not exactly sure how much I weighed, but it was somewhere in the mid/upper 160's). Yahoo! Hope you're all doing well - now that I have use of the computer, kiddo is hanging on me wanting to go outside, so I'll try to catch up later.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday (Wed.) was another scorcher - ended up taking my walk at the mall - no sprints, tho - wouldn't want to stress out the mall cops! It was strange walking there - must be the recycled air or something- I only lasted about 45 mins. Then again, since I went after lunch and had been working/putzing around the house all morning, it might also had been the HEAT. Yuck.

Numbers were ok - carbs a bit higher than usual - supper was going to be late since Dh had a meeting, so I had some veggies and 1/2 cup hummus, then I was craving cantaloupe...it was so sweet and ice cold...

Calories: 1,475 Fats: 73.5g Carbs: 83.3g Protein: 122.7g

Interested to see what today's numbers will be - went blueberry picking this morning (I go several times annually, for canning, fresh eating and freezing). While I picked a bucket full, I am sure I ate at least a full cup! So,=zoom=>there goes those carbs!

I did notice when I got home this noontime, I was utterly starving for lunch! Almost felt like the shakies were kicking in. Between the berries and a diet iced tea (store-bought), it was a feeling I hadn't had in more than a month! Gotta keep the carbs looooow during the daytime - and watch the caffeine.

Congrats, nobe, on the mini-goal! Good on ya!

Happy Belly-Button Day, Quinn!!! (After all, a birthday is the day we all get our belly-buttons!)

April, here's hoping you heal thoroughly and quickly! I don't know about you, but the older I get, I just don't bounce like I used to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.