Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? >

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Community
Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-19-2012, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe! Congrats on your weight loss and on all the hard work you did to earn that. I hope you and kiddo enjoyed your playtime outside.

Judi, kudos on walking at the mall. 45 minutes is great, especially under the stale air/recycled air and heat after eating. I was craving cantaloupe yesterday, too, but didn't get out to buy any. I'll put it on the grocery list for tomorrow. Blueberries are so good for you and one of the lower carb fruits, so I'll bet your body will forgive you a little bit of extra indulgence. You're doing quite nicely on your weight loss! I drink decaf iced tea at home, but I almost never find it at a restaurant. Got a good chuckle out of your happy belly-button day wish for Quinn
Old 07-19-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- what a busy week- feels like ive only been in my own house for a few hours!!
Kids last day at school tomorrow before the summer holidays- im already planning what we can do over the 6 weeks to stop me baking everyday or being lazy. Just hope we get the weather over here but i wont hold my breath. Ive got back-up of indoor activities too so we should do ok.

Tried on my bridesmaid dress yesterday for my sisters wedding in March- the size 12 fit perfectly and if she was getting married tomorrow id be happy in it but by march im determined to wear the size 10! I tried it on and theres about 4 inches that wont go up on the back zip.
QUICK QUESTION about this- is it possible me to lose inches around the area under my bust when im slim there already- i mean there isnt much to grab. I carry most of my excess weight on my legs, arms and tummy.

My mum is buying the size 12 and the 10 so that i will have the option but the 12 i am predicting will need altering. I am working hard to get the 10 on by then and for it to fit perfectly but its family members putting in the doubt of "what if "- they obviously dont know me very well!!!!!

Another bootcamp session on Saturday morning out on the fields with my weight loss group. Gruelling but effective- i was aching after tuesdays sessions in places ive never before! No pain- no gain- i keep telling myself- im actually starting to enjoy exercise now and WANT to do it.

Mern- can i be added to the birthday list? Mine is 15th March
Old 07-19-2012, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Today's veggie/fruit delivery... plums, blueberries, nectarines, rhubarb, cherries, tomatoes, garlic, cabbage, kohlrabi (...have to investigate this one more) and farm fresh eggs. BEST JOB EVER!!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Judi,
Thanks! Since the weather has been hot, I've lost all desire to walk, which I usually love. I've been doing the mall/big box store walking too, but I usually get distracted by something that I want to buy!

Mern,
So sorry about your GD's car. I just hate stuff like that! I wish people would "man-up" when they are at fault. It's really irritating. I've walked out to my car a few times in the past couple of years to find damage, usually shopping carts that people are too lazy to put away. I hope she starts to feel better!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, thanks. I added you to my birthday list. Another of our members, Mai, who hasn't posted for a while, shares your birthday. Our kids here (Ohio in midwest USA) get almost three months off school. Their last day was June 6 and they don't go back until September 4. Wow, only four inches to go to zip up that dress by March--that's wonderful! You are working so hard in those bootcamp sessions! What a bonus that you are actually starting to enjoy it. I saw your question about trimming inches from the bustline, but I don't know the answer.

Quinn, we've eaten kohlrabi and it's delicious. I especially like it sauteed and then added to stews and soups, but it's good just about any way you like to fix cabbage. Yum! Nice produce windfall again! My granddaughter is feeling better since someone wrecked into her car and took off but she is still dismayed that someone could be so mean to her when she did nothing to them. I made my daughter, who is now 35 years old, WOman up when she was in high school and using my car to drive to and from her part time job. She drove to work one day and then lent MY CAR to her boyfriend who didn't have a driver's license and he backed into a car in a parking lot causing $3400 worth of damage. I found out before my daughter did (before the days of cell phones) when the police came to my house to tell me they had confiscated and towed my car after a teenage male driver wrecked it and took off running. I went with them to my daughter's place of employment and learned her boyfriend was driving my car. I was afraid the insurance company would cancel our insurance and maybe they wouldn't have paid anyway since DD lent the car to an someone she knew didn't have a license. I got the owner of the other car to sign a paper drafted by our attorney agreeing to not turn in a claim to our insurance company if I paid the bill in full in cash. She agreed. DD's boyfriend was cited to court and before his hearing I sent a copy of the paid bill to the juvenile court judge, telling her that my daughter was paying half the bill out of her savings as punishment for lending him my car (she had $4500 in her savings account) and asked that the court direct that her boyfriend reimburse me for the other $1700. He didn't, but his grandmother repaid me. I gave them a break by not having the $500 dent to the tail end of my car fixed. It was a second car that was to be DD's high school graduation gift and DD had to drive it ugly from then on. If nothing else she learned "You reap what you sow."

ADDED LATER FOR CLARIFICATION: she could have paid $500 to have the dent fixed, but she chose not to--that's why she drove it ugly--not because I made her.

Last edited by Mern; 07-19-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

Nobe, congratulations on meeting your mini-goal! I’ve missed my last two , so back to basics for me – it won’t happen a third time!

Quinn – I’m so jealous! That is the best. Job. Ever.

Judi, blueberries are packed with antioxidants and fibre. They are so good for you it’s ridiculous, so eat ‘em and enjoy!

Tracey you rock!
“is it possible me to lose inches around the area under my bust when im slim there already” That depends, but probably yes. As you tone up muscle mass from all the kick-a$$ boot camp you’re doing you will lose inches. Muscle weighs more than fat, but it is denser so it takes up less room. In addition to toning up you will probably also lose a bit of fat from that area even though you are ‘slim under the bust’, don’t forget there may be a layer of fat in the back that will go and muscle that will get toned up from all your hard work.

Mern, what a car story! (both DDs and GDs)

Lately my ratios have been about 23% protein, 65% fat and about 12% carbs, so I’ve been working on trying to lower the fat and carbs and raising the protein level a bit. Today I started back on induction, and the #’s look like this: Fat: 62%, Carbs: 8%, Protein: 30%. We’ll see how that translates on the scale!

That’s it for me tonight – I’m so tired I’m going to bed early.

<1400 calories: M: 1523; T: 1455; W: 1412; T: 1519
Net Carbs < 20: M: 57.3; T: 31.6; W: 28.9; T: 18.0
Water >64(oz): M: +50; T: +50; W: 50; T: 45
exercise: M: 1st day back @ work after holidays; T: yes walking!; W: no, busy busy day @ work; T: no
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1600 calories or less - 1124, 1434
2) move - walking, playing at the playground/gardening
3) 64oz water + - ?, 64oz
4) 20% protein - 19%, 24%
5) vitamins - yes, yes
6) take deep breaths, step away when needed - yes, trying

7) post one good thing that happened every day - had a nice walk with the kiddo getting groceries, found lots of new veggies coming out in the garden - and the first tomato!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Cate,nice job today on your goals. In an effort to raise my protein and lower my carbs I've been adding zero cholesterol, one carb per serving (1/4 cup) pasturized egg substitute to my low carb protein shakes. I don't know if you have that in Canada--a big brand name here is Egg Beaters. It's egg whites to which seasoning have been added to make it taste like beaten egg yolks. I get my Walker Diet low carb whey protein powder (also one net carb per serving after deducting fiber)from vitacost.com. I believe they're the sole distributor.

Nobe, your report is really good, too. We got our first tomatoes three days ago. They're delicious, but small this year--too much heat and not enough rain. With the heat wave, I don't know that we'll get enough yield to be able to can any.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. Gallon of water M-F and 100oz S&S M: 144oz, T: 160oz, W: 128oz, Th: 128oz water + 12oz hot tea,
2. Walk on lunch 4 out of 5 days unless raining M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, T: Yes, F: looks doubtful it is pouring out today but I made 4 out of 5 and that was the goal so DONE!
3. Exercise before work 3 times minimum M: No, T: No, W: Yes, Th: No, F: Yep
4. 5 fruits & veggies (maybe not servings just 5 different ones) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes (can say that already due to the lunch I have packed ,
5. Weigh and post it starting Sunday to show my sodium gain for Monday Sunday: 234.0, M: 236.4lbs, T: 235.2lbs, W: 236.6lbs, Th: 235.4lbs, F: 234.4lbs now we are going the right direction!

Life Goals ...
1. Laundry M: No, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Ummmm IDK

For once this week....nothing bad happened! Yay! I even have my favorite dock workers today and all next week. ... One really good note...My hubby bought a treadmill for himself last night. He is starting to get the itch to get healthy. I am trying hard to support without pushing. I don't know that I will even use the treadmill but I am so happy he bought one. Now he's talking about getting me an elliptical too and moving the dining room table (that we NEVER use) to storage and bringing the weight machine, treadmill & elliptical into the dining room portion of our family room/dining room combo. I am happy & hopeful but still trying not to push. That is a hard job!!

Sorry I haven't read alot so can't respond to everyone but some of the things that I noticed are...

Quinn ... Your DD seriously does have The. Best. Job. Ever!

Mike ... So where is the sunrise pics? I want to see them!

Mern ... Sorry about the GD's car. We had that happen to a car once only about 2-3 weeks after having it professionally painted. My hubby was not a happy camper!

I saw mention of the gardens again. Ours isn't doing great. It is too hot and dry even with daily watering. We've had 2 squash from our plants so far and one more about ready to pick. Lots of blooms but not much fruits growing on the other plants yet beside 2-3 acorn squash that must be slow growers. Tomatoes have a good many on them but they aren't getting as big as they should yet and they are still solid green. Peppers are growing fairly well but only producing 1-2 peppers per plant. I can't wait for the colors to change on them though!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz;857795. Weigh and post it starting Sunday to show my sodium gain for Monday [COLOR="seagreen"
Sunday: 234.0, M: 236.4lbs, T: 235.2lbs, W: 236.6lbs, Th: 235.4lbs, F: 234.4lbs now we are going the right direction! [/COLOR]
WooHOOOOO!!! You are definitely getting close to that goal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.