Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Mike, are you answering Quinn's question about ME being crabby for no reason--or YOU being crabby for no reason? LOL

Quinn, yeah, I have days when everything anyone says to me just "gripes my a$$." Sometimes it's stress, sometimes hormones, sometimes sadness, and sometimes just because people act so dependent on me and despite how much I love them, I yearn to be responsible for only myself. I know you're a lot younger than I, but I suspect my latter reason is often what hits you up, too. You know what we can always do--vent in white. Get it off your chest. This support group is not just for weight loss. Huge hugs to ya!
That's the weird thing... I'm the least stressed that I've been in years. I was under so much stress for so many months and now hardly anything. Maybe I'm just readjusting to the roller coaster... I'm not sure. Kind of like a PTSD kind of thing... lol. When I was under extreme pressure, I was as calm and pleasant as could be. And now that everything is calm and peaceful, I'm a first-class bitch. lol Time to kick my own butt and straighten out! People keep asking me what's wrong and I can't come up with a thing. I know I'm being mean and obnoxious and I can't stop it. Maybe I need a good, old-fashioned drunk... Ran into my best friend from high school today and she just might be the one to accompany me on such an adventure...
Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
P90X is going well. I don't feel like dying anymore
In other words, you haven't been doing it?

now that's not very nice at all
Nice? No. Funny? Yes! I sure got a laugh out of it.

Okay, if I'm not allowed to use the word "can't", can I say that it is most unlikely that I'll be coming to NOLA this year? I do realize that it's southWEST to get there. I'm pretty good with direction. And I stand by the fact that I am WAY more southern than you, no matter where geographically we may be. Southerners don't use G's when they're talking about lightnin'
IRL I don't say it... much. I do and say all kinda weird sh!t when I'm being recorded. I my bazillion YT videos, I raise one of my eyebrows when I talk. I don't do it IRL. My dialect also changes for some odd reason. You may be more country, but that's about it. Did you notice it when we were face to face? Nope. Quit beinG mean to me. It hurts and I'm not smilinG! Just kiddinG.

omgah I literally LOL'd when I read this
I figured you would catch it.

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, LOL on Mike's use of G's. I get a lot of giggles out of the contests between you two. I'm from Ohio and most often speak "lightnin'" although I'd TYPE "lightning." I'll bet in person Mike talks like Larry the Cable Guy. LOL

Mike, my mind is too often in the gutter, but even I didn't take "south" in the sexual way. Sweet of you to qualify that to those who may take offense, but I don't know of anyone here who would.
No, not like Larry the Cable Guy, although Tori kinda favors him, except I think her voice is a little raspier... must be the "cowgirl killers". BTW It wasn't the "south" part that I thought perverts (like Tori) would pick up on.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
For the last two days, I've been a short-tempered bitch. lol It just so happens to match the time frame that I found out that daughter had a speeding ticket from June that she was hiding from me. I have to let it go. Just seems like a lot of unnecessary money down the drain that she SHOULD be using for college expenses. I have to let it go now... grrrr.

Don't know if I'm angered more by the lying or the money..... hmmmmm.
Yeah, I can understand. Oh yeah I spent a good bit of my day at the sheriff's office, on the phone with the DA's office and on the phone with the "traffic citation" people today b/c I have to pay my seeding ticket (that I got on my birfday) yet nobody could seem to find it in their system. They finally found it and I'll have to go tomorrow to throw away my money.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
In other words, you haven't been doing it?

Nice? No. Funny? Yes! I sure got a laugh out of it.

IRL I don't say it... much. I do and say all kinda weird sh!t when I'm being recorded. I my bazillion YT videos, I raise one of my eyebrows when I talk. I don't do it IRL. My dialect also changes for some odd reason. You may be more country, but that's about it. Did you notice it when we were face to face? Nope. Quit beinG mean to me. It hurts and I'm not smilinG! Just kiddinG.

I figured you would catch it.

No, not like Larry the Cable Guy, although Tori kinda favors him, except I think her voice is a little raspier... must be the "cowgirl killers". BTW It wasn't the "south" part that I thought perverts (like Tori) would pick up on.

Yeah, I can understand. Oh yeah I spent a good bit of my day at the sheriff's office, on the phone with the DA's office and on the phone with the "traffic citation" people today b/c I have to pay my seeding ticket (that I got on my birfday) yet nobody could seem to find it in their system. They finally found it and I'll have to go tomorrow to throw away my money.
No one could find it and so you insisted that they did??? Are you feeling ok, Cupcake?? Too much Rum Cake impairing your thought process??? LOL Daughter has to do 4 hours of online traffic school for 5 over the speed limit plus a hefty fine... what an idiot. (Cop knocked it down to 5 over... not sure what she was actually doing.) I've been pulled over 4 times in my life and never received a single ticket. Have to give her a lesson on how to kick her charm into high gear when pulled over. She has soooo much to learn about using her good looks to her advantage... lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1650 cals max, 1664, 1764, way too many
2) stretch every day, ? yes, yes
3) some form of exercise 2x this week: no, no, no
4) 64 oz water: ?, 64, ? a lot of soda, not all diet
5) one hour writing min 4x this week, no, YES real writing and editing, woo hoo, no
6) try to stay sane: very difficult, YES Good day, depends on the definition but probably not. I did too much for someone who didn't even ask for it (DD) and then got angry it wasn't appreciated or even acknowledged. Which teaches me the lesson over and over don't do it if you can't do it with a full heart, expecting nothing. When will I learn? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.True of diet, exercise (or lack thereof) and life.

Thank you all for your support. Sorry I have not been reading and responding to posts much. Trying to keep going. Backslid yesterday.

Quinn, I hope your Mom is OK. Sometimes when things are relatively calm, that's when moods kick in: anger, anxiety, etc because you now have time to feel them. I don't know if that makes sense.

Mike, are you feeling better?

Tori thank you; I know you are going thru your own stuff missing your guy.

Mern, April, everyone, hugs.

I've been waking up angry at DD: how rude, thoughtless, selfish,etc. she is. Then I got angry at someone in a store. I went home and saw two quotes by The Buddha on my desk:

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intention of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. And:

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

My life story right there.

Last edited by canary52; 07-12-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: only 84oz,W: Yes,
2. 5 Fruits/Veggies daily M: Yes even if some of them were part of a huge sandwich!, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch (except Monday...lunch with the hubby ) M: Day off, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Exercise 3 times M: Nope, T: Nope, W: Yes (42mins), Th: Yep (30mins),
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.0lbs, T: 237.4lbs (not bad considering how I ate yesterday), W: 235.4lbs (now to keep this number), Th: 235.4lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Water houseplants (I neglect them) M: DONE!!
3. Keep laundry caught up, it felt good last week! M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Take compliments without putting myself down as a reply M: Yes, about 6 times today!, T: Yes, this one was hard today (see below), W: Yes,

OMG I LOL'd at myself this morning. I pulled up some zumba on YT for something different to do. I. Am. So. Uncoordinated! ... I had fun though and plan to try it again tomorrow. This morning was 30 minutes. I always wonder how just moving like that can be a workout but sitting here now about 3 hrs later I can feel it in my sides and back mostly. Yesterday's barre workout feels in my upper thighs/lower butt area. Something's soon gotta give with all this different exercise. I found another zumba video that looks a little less intense but is like 55 minutes long that I may try tomorrow. I am getting really excited to get to my 100lb loss mark. My hubby and I have discussed my reward and I will be getting my first ink! It will be a small black butterfly on the inside of my ankle. I am just trying to find the one that I want. In the design of the wings I will have them add in my starting weight of 331lbs. I just want the reminder of where I came from and where I don't want to be again.

Quinn ... I know all too well about the 'after-stress bitching'. After everything calmed down with our son recently I went through about two weeks where everything bothered me. I didn't want to talk about it. I cried some. The only way that I could explain it was that I was running on autopilot doing what needed done to get through and now that I didn't have to do it anymore the realization of all that we had just gone through was a pretty deep shock to my system. Hang in there! You will get through this.

Judi ... How long is your walk/run loop? I go for 2 miles on lunch every day but not very fast so that I don't get all sweaty to come back to work for the rest of the day. It takes my 34-37 minutes for those 2 miles usually. Beats sitting doing nothing for 40 minutes though! ... Your garden sounds like it is producing well. I have 3-4 squash almost ready to pick. But anything on a vine in my garden (cucumbers, melons, spaghetti squash) aren't doing well. It's been too hot with little to no rain for too long again this summer already.

Tori ... Wow that was a quick summary of WHN. I have to laugh at your southern speak! I am born & raised right here in PA but I get asked all the time if I am from the south. Especially when I visit my dad in OH.

Cate ... Another pound gone! Congrats!

Hope ... I wish there was something that I could do to help you.

Mike ... LOL ... Just LOL. I totally got what you were saying to Tori. Or what you were NOT saying!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I had # 40 just over a year ago. It's what you make of it. Don't let it stress ya out. Where you trying to donate your hair or just wanted it shorter?
Hi Mike - I'm trying not to, but for some reason it is getting to me a bit... thanks for the encouragement My son loves to twist my hair in his fingers, and he is getting stronger every day! Taking 4 inches off helps reduce the hair pulling greatly!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

April and Hope,

What you both said makes complete sense to me... I never thought of it like that at all, but you're both absolutely right. That describes my situation exactly. Thanks! Maybe I'm not going crazy after all!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

April, thanks so much for your kindness. Ill be OK. This too shall pass, as my mother in law always used to say.

April and Quinn, I think the "after stress bitch out" may be getting to me too. I hope it's after stress but I have the feeling more is coming, just a hunch.

April, I give you credit for those workouts; I couldn't even attempt them.

Ama, everyone has their number. For me, it was 35. So I hear ya. But what do they say about life beginning at 40? I just know you have good things in store for you. 40 is the new 30.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

April, my loop is 3.2 miles - with hills - going up isn't too bad, but walking downhill does a number on these 51 y.o. knees! The garden has been a challenge this year - we,too, have a need for H2O. The beans and the melons are planted over an area in the yard with a high water table, so they are doing quite well so far. The rest of the garden is in need of a thorough watering, and if the rain they're predicting is anything like all the rest of their predictions, I'll be hauling out the hose soon!

Today started out pretty bad - my neighbor woke us up to let us know one of our cats got hit by a car. Sad day. Whiskey was a rescue, found at a state park, dumped off, and had been declawed at some point in her life. So, my eldest son 'had' to bring her home. She was a bit wild - tolerated people, but never gave the other cats the time of day (but often gave them a piece of her mind - loudly!). She was actually quite healthy when he brought her home - in spite of no claws, she took down mice, wood rats and squirrels - pure business. She would often spend the night out, and was street smart. And the best camouflage of any cat I've seen! She could just sit still near the woodline and seemingly vanish! I don't know when or how she got hit (teens sometimes race down this country lane like it's a track!) last night. My son buried her out in the backwoods before he went to work. ...Sigh... I 'know' these things just happen - and please don't hate on me for allowing my cats outdoor time. She was especially happy and content to be out in her 'domain'. But she was special to us, and Whiskey will be missed.

Sorry to vent - needed to.

Be back later to see how the rest of the day goes...
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Awwww Judi ... I am very sorry to hear about your cat. That is a very hard thing to deal with.

I have to water my garden every evening because it hasn't rained more than 5 minutes at a time here for at least 2 weeks now and with temps over 90 most of last week the plants were barely hanging on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.