Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

K, I'm feeling an itty bitty bit better. Food is my enemy right now. Without going into a lot of detail, anything I eat kills my tummy right now. I'm off to try and catch up with everything I've missed the past two days. I think it's a hopeless case with catching up for the last two to three months that I've been completely self absorbed Sorry Y'all!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Mern-u got a Monday full of green! goodness gracious! I'm envious. and haha at shaving your legs....one of the perks of not being in a relationship is not having to shave when the weather starts getting colder guess I'll just have to have cold legs when WHN gets back. It's a fair trade

Cassie-Jas is so self involved to notice when I'm feeling bad. She's a lot like her momma that way And good for you for avoiding the French Fry Trap.....I have that issue alot when I eat out with work friends

Hope-the PCOS is an ongoing issue. I have a dr's appt on the 17th. New doc, so hopefully she'll give me a little more guidance. So sorry to hear your fibro is acting like a b**ch...gentle hugs to you

Quinn-we all need a clean slate from time to time. one of the only reasons I'm glad WHN isn't here is because he likes all the really good, really bad for me foods. and he likes to go out to eat. it's going to be a struggle when he gets home.

April-you have a grape problem, I have a "eat everything in sight" problem. it's getting out of hand. And I totally remember the "nekkid on the porch" story. you told it right around the time I started on the thread.

Nobe-so so sorry to hear about your SKsFH.....it's got to be so frustrating. Not being a parent, it's hard for me to offer advice. but while on your FD World Tour, stop by WHN's house, Ive got an extra room now that Sis and the kid are gone

Mike-you rocked monday! good job!!!

Tracey-huge cyber hugs to you!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I have a black thumb--everything I plant dies. DH does the gardening and I do the cooking and canning. DH knows how to grow some things well and others are hit and miss. Our green bell peppers are usually small, but they taste great. Something (an animal, not insects) ate the squash blossoms, so we won't have any squash. We had turtles eating our lower tomatoes one year. And we had squirrels sitting on the chain link fence stripping away the corn one year. They just laughed at the aluminum pie pans DH hung on poles to scare them away with clanking. Oh, what a pity about that February your weather in June. That's really wonderful that kiddo is excited about your veggies. Great example for him, too. Does he eat a good assortment of veggies?

Tori, I hope you feel better soon! Good luck catching up. I tried and can't. But we all know you care. Big hug to ya.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike--buzzing feeling: finally someone knows what I'm talking about. People look at me like I'm nuts when I mention that buzzing feeling in my leg, below my knee. Same as you--not a muscle twitch and doesn't hurt but it certainly does feel as if my phone is vibrating on my leg, too--and it's not. I wonder if it's a nerve thing. Before I found out I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my left wrist, the only symptom I had was that same buzzing feeling. I still have no pain from my carpal tunnel--just that buzzing sensation when I have my arms in a certain position.
Tori sent me something on this, I don't have the actual link. Maybe she can post it. From reading online and can be a number of things, in my case I think is back related. Others think it can be a sign on lupus or MS and others speculated on neuropathy (sp?0
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday was much more in control, but not stellar by any means. The hot weather and lack of a/c is a killer for healthy choices. Looks like mid 90's are here through Friday... ugh. Hope to get out walking just before dark when it cools down.

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. No, 1269 (close)
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day. No, not unless fries and ketchup are veggies 1 and 2... lol, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch. None, None
6. Walk daily. Yes, Later tonight

Personal Stuff:

1. Start article for paper. No time, No
2. Draw daughter a map indicating what floor of the house the washing machine is located. (Baby steps..) No time, No
3. Remain calm, supportive and "unsnarky" when sibling calls in meltdown mode. Take extra time to calmly and thoughtfully word email messages. Once you hit "send", there's no getting them back! Yes, Yes
4. Compliment someone new every day. You never know what their struggles are. Yes, Yes

Have to go do some research on a new GPS. Hoping some fun road trips are in my future this fall... keep your fingers crossed!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quinniepoo, what's up with your AC?

Mern, how's your day going? Are you making the right choices?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe...I never thought of that plan of attack! Definitely divide & conquer! Glad to see that you had a success. We have our largest garden ever this summer too. 7 kinds of squash (1 plant of each), 2 zucchini plants, 4 cuke plants (mostly dead from the heat), 3 cantaloupe, 2 sugar baby watermelons, 12 tomato plants, and 4 plants each of 5 different colored bell peppers. I have about 6-7 little yellow squashes on 3 different plants right now and a few acorn squash starting too. I love it!!!

Tori...Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles.

Mern...I'm thinking I better shave tonight or will have to sleep with a sheet between me & the hubby! LOL

Quick version of the nekkid story...Oldest son spent night at aunt's house in same town as then gf. Aunt woke early and went away. Son & gf hatched a plan where she walked down to aunt's house/gram's house (next door). Aunt came back sooner than son thought and discovered he was not there. She started looking and discovered them on the back porch next door at grams (my MI& FIL's). He was shirtless and she was nekkid and sitting on his lap facing him. Aunt called us and told us they were doing it (they weren't) and she drove gf home and woke her stepdad to tell him that they were doing it. Her family hated my son for a while but they have since gotten over it. Was so hard not to let him see that we were kind of laughing over the whole situation because he had to know that it was serious and he snuck out was the worst thing to us. That and he didn't have protection if it had gone further. Needless to say that day we made his first trip to walmart for supplies and we had a demonstration of usage.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

April, wow. In white. All I can say is that if Pimp Daddy has a nekkid chick on his lap, you should know there's not a conversation going on, no matter which direction she's facing.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-03-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Tori.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

I am ROFL at the nekkid story and I think the funniest part was that the discussion about supplies and demonstration followed a very detailed discussion about garden vegetables!

Anybody else's mind go to the cucumber and zucchini?

Okay, just me then .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.