Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
Wednesday weigh-in: 171.5 (-2!)
Awesome job!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-04-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

1) plan food: no which is why I failed at goal 11, yes
2) 5 fruits and veggies: yes, no
3) stretch daily: yes, yes
4) one hour writing 5x week: more, no
5) 500 words of "real" writing or serious editing: more, no
6) not feeling well with fibro but try to do some form of exercise 3x this week even if it's only in the house": home routine, no
7) try not to drink on July 4th (fibro again)
8) be kind, especially to DH who has been taking a lot of ca-ca from me lately: Yes, yes
9) water, 8 glasses, come on: 6, 8 10) get in touch with at least one "neglected" friend this week: Rosemarie, Louise
11) no more than 1650 calories with possible exception of July 4th but try to plan, even then: 1689, 1240
12) avoid sugar except possibly 7/4: may have been some in soup and in sauce on store bought chicken but avoided egregious sugar, just what was on my figneers from baking and OK maybe a bite.
13) post something good about every day (stole this from Cassie but love it): M) DD has some very fun new friends (as well as a few good "older" ones and they have been hanging out at our house. Plus I did work today and didn't get totally discouraged by setbacks. T)Made fabulous cookies and brownies and didn't eat any. Really enjoyed watching Downton Abbey.

I did not lie down (OK I did for a few minutes.) I baked for friends.

Apil, how old was son in nekkid story?

Happy 4th everyone!!!

Last edited by canary52; 07-04-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

OK, after this post I am not allowed back on the computer until AFTER I have exercised: 2 miles of my aerobic walking DVD.

Nobe! Major kudos on the -2 pounds! You have come a long way since February!

Hope, you did a fine job especially considering your fibro attack. To be honest, when I'm not feeling well I just do what makes me feel more comfortable whether it's on-plan or not. Wow, congrats on baking for friends and not eating any. OMG, you have the willpower! Happy 4th to you, too. Feel better soon!

Mike, I made it two days in a row, so I also still have hairy legs. But I did have to sleep with a sheet between them last night and will have to shave today or else I'll itch to death. Wow, that's really low carbs for you--good job! That's a mighty hefty calorie deficit--yeah, that would give me super low energy, too. How's your protein? Would eating more protein help perk you up or are you already getting enough?

Making macaroni salad today, elimating the chopped eggs and mayo to reduce the fat and calories. Using "lower digestible carb" Dreamfields pasta, chopped cucumber, onion, celery, green pepper and tomato and Ranch dressing. It's yummy.

Adding to our grilled pork chops and low carb baked beans on the menu some fresh-from-the-garden steamed broccoli spritzed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray for me but cheese sauce for DH.

My dessert for our little cookout will be sugar free Jello with fresh peaches.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Exercise done. Now I gotta go clean up the kitchen from the cooking I did earlier today. Then most of my work is done for the day and I can play--or shave my legs.

Y'all have a great day. Hope to check in again tonight.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Monday my protein was at 142.5g
Tuesday was only 83.6

Congrats on 2 days, you've got this! If you let the hair grow long enough it gets soft.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for your encouragement on my restart. I hope you get energized soon. That's pretty low protein yesterday--how about some lean chicken or even some peanut butter? Yeah, I'll just let my leg hair grow and this winter I'll be nice and warm. LOL
Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
April, wow. In white. All I can say is that if Pimp Daddy has a nekkid chick on his lap, you should know there's not a conversation going on, no matter which direction she's facing.
LOL..Oh I know. In no way did I believe it wasn't going there. He just didn't get the chance yet. He swears he would have stopped because he didn't have protection but I assured him that I remember being that age and know that he couldn't have stopped.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I am ROFL at the nekkid story and I think the funniest part was that the discussion about supplies and demonstration followed a very detailed discussion about garden vegetables!

Anybody else's mind go to the cucumber and zucchini?

Okay, just me then .
LOL ... reminds me of a story that I think Terri told where her mom used a cucumber as a visual aid!

Originally Posted by canary52
Apil, how old was son in nekkid story?
14 ... almost 15 yrs old.

I had a good on track day yesterday and today. I have to go back and find my goals to update them. Had yogurt & granola for breakfast. Salad with chicken tenders for lunch and ham pot pie for dinner. Have room for a snack yet tonight. No fireworks for us tonight because we have to get up tomorrow morning at 4am. We are going Saturday night though.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water M: Yes,T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk 2 miles on lunch at work (except Wednesday) M: Yes (it was freakin' hot!), T: Yes (freakin' hot again!), W: Day off,
3. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Weds & Fri M: N/A, T: N/A, W: Yes!Th: N/A,
4. Select different video(s) Thursday M: N/A, T: N/A, W: N/A,
5. 5 fruits / veggies a day M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 61% , T: 51.55%,
7. Weigh and post it daily M: 237.4lbs, T: 237.4lbs, W: 235.8lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Weed veggie garden M: Yes ... DONE!
3. Feed snakes (yeah I know...EWWW! LOL) M: not yet, T: Yes....DONE!!!
4. Mop floors M: Not yet, T: Not Yet, W: Yes...DONE!
5. Keep laundry done up M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Read ... not on the internet M: No, T: No, W: Yep, lots!,
Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

April, kudos on your weight loss and on all the green in your health and fitness goals. I was trying to remember yesterday who used the cucumber as a visual aid for the sex talk with her daughter. I think you're right about it being Terri's Mom. I don't know how you all can stand this heat much less walk in it. It was 100 degrees in the shade today on my thermometer and I got miserable just going outside to the trash can. I did my aerobic walking DVD in my air conditioned living room with a pedestal floor fan on as well. I'm glad you at least got a day off walking today. I had planned to grill out, but wound up pan frying our pork chops because " it was freakin' hot" on the patio. Do you always have to get up at 4AM?

Where is Terri, anyway? Is this when she's moving to Indiana?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:

Well, I exceeded a few limits (calories, sat fat and carbs) but considering it was a holiday in the USA I didn't do too badly.

Calorie limit 1500 1270, 1378, 1729
Sat fat limit average 11% of total calories 6%, 12%, 14%--gives me an average of 11%, so I'm OK
Cholesterol limit average 250mg 171mg, 218mg, 185mg
Protein average 120g 131g, 131g again, 147g
Carbs less fiber limit 25g close enough at 25.2g, 23g, 32.8g
Fiber minimum 25g 45g, 41g, 53g
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES
Healthful evening snack:
M: almond butter stuffed celery and cooked spinach
T: a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut Butter (licked off the spoon) and a protein shake with flaxmeal
W: lean pork chop, sugar free lemonade with flaxmeal

Last edited by Mern; 07-04-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.