Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!! >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't had time to do much more than skim, but I am so feeling what everyone is saying about struggling and having low motivation. I've felt that way for the past month and the scale has shown it. I don't know if being a bit worse than I was before is the problem or if it's my bad attitude, but I've gotta get out of it.

I was hoping to spend more time on the thread this week... as I mentioned the hubby's two older kids are coming on Sunday for at least a month, and I don't get much computer time when they're here (if I want to avoid tantrums - and then fights with hubby over what I did to make them have tantrums). I've also been feeling like I need to zone out on Pinterest or in front of the tv in the evening, though. Ugh, so much stress coming.

I need to keep focusing on my weight, but I also need to focus on my finances if we don't want to end up homeless from the kids' visit, and I'll also be spending most of my time cleaning (again, to avoid tantrums - by the by, the tantrum throwing kids are 11 and 14). I don't want to go into the whole thing too much (if I start I may never stop), but suffice it to say they're spoiled little brats and hubby has a lot of divorce guilt. Ugh. Anyhoo. That'll be my summer. Hopefully I'll be able to drag their lazy butts of the computer long enough to come on here semi-regularly. In any case, I have till Sunday evening.

Good food day turned bad today when we went to hubby's niece's birthday party. I eat potato chips like once a year, and apparently today was the day. Along with everything else that comes with being at a birthday party.

1) 1600 calories or less - 1491, 2117, 1174, 2102
2) move - got a head start on the painting and did some gardening, painted 7 hrs, not much, lots of walking
3) 64oz water + - 48oz, 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz
4) 20% protein - 25%, 23%, 19%, 16%
5) vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes

6) post one good thing that happened every day - bought the paint for Wednesday's painting, planted my new flowers, painted!, a friend from high school - who I see about once a year - came to visit, it was one of the first summer-feeling days of the year - no jacket or anything!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:01 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1363, T: 2153, W: ~3000, Th: 1093, F: Fail,
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M:72 oz., T: 70 oz., W: over 64 oz. for sure, Th: 64 oz., F: 64 oz.
3.) Exercise 3-4x/week - M: N, T: Y, W: N, Th: Y, F: N
4.) Study 30 mins every day - M: 5 mins, T: 0 mins, W: 0 mins, Th: 20 mins, F: 20 mins
5.) Post weight every day - M: 154.6, T: 158 (?), W: 158, Th: didn't have the heart to look..., F: 156
6.) Something good! - M: Issue that was giving me major stress over the weekend has been resolved, T: My "special friend" () brought wine and we watched Doctor Who, W: Biopsy was waaay less painful/stressful than I thought it would be, and I'm going to dinner with friends!, Th: Planned trains for Europe trip, lots of fun things, F: Lump is benign!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Joanna, great news! So glad to hear that .

nobe, I wish you strength and peace in dealing with the visit. Tantrumming teens/pre-teens are a breed all their own. You know you can come here to vent any time!

Cate, congrats on getting a new, surprise size!

Hope, how about you? Is the stress at your house easing up a little bit?

Okay. Time to buckle down and try to figure out how to turn my ship around here. It should come as no surprise to me that it will take both mental and physical effort.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Default Weekene warrior goals!

Health and Fitness:
1. 1200 calories or fewer daily
2. Exercise two hours.
3. Drink 2 jugs water daily.
4. Take vitamins and supplements.
5. Reasonable pie chart.
6. Log everything and be active on FitDay

Wellness:
1. Post something good about today.
2. Post something I'm thankful for.
3. Take a break, breathe, and reframe when this work issue gets bad.

Practical:
1. Pay bills.
2. Final decision and order carpet.
3. Write one report.
4. Proof two reports from postdocs.
5. Schedule haircut appt.
6. Mock trauma interview.
7. Mock trauma report.
8. Finalize plans for second weekend of vacation.

I woke up this morning and after about a minute of being awake, I felt like I could almost feel the cortisol churning. That's a killer for weight management, so I need to focus on managing the stress and doing things that I know are good for me.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, I'm here! I have NOT fallen off the face of the earth this weekend. I was beat last night and didn't do my update. I'll do it when I get home from work.

Have a good Saturday everybody!!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- hope everyone is managing the weekend!!!!

I have been trying to stay motivated for mondays weigh in- the good thing is getting weighed on a monday kinda or should keep me focused on a weekend.
I decided to go for a walk to the shops at midday to get a little exercise- didnt buy anything naughty- being surrounded by discounted treats! Had lunch before i went so i wasnt shopping on an empty stomach too which helps.
I was awake at 8am this morning because my neighbours woke me up acting like clowns and the walls are too thin! My kids are at their dads this weekend too so there wasnt any need to get up that early but once my lids are open im up! Anyway at 12pm every bit of housework was finished, id had lunch and was ready so i thought id get out of the house instead of eating it!!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: If not yes it was darn close, F: Yes, Sat: I will (one glass to go),
2. Exercise 3 times (how hard is that?) M: No, T: No, W: 54mins with Jillian, Th: No, F: 54mins with Jillian, Sat: No,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Had an appt, Th: Yes, F: Yes in the horrible heat so only a mile
4. Fruits, veggies & dairy until dinner M: Yes, T: No (PB & Banana sandwich for lunch today), W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: No...I added .5oz ham and .5oz mozzarella and a hard boiled egg white to today's salad...don't feel bad about it , Sat: Yes,
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.8lbs, T: 237.6lbs, W: 237.4lbs, Th: scale wouldn't settle on a number , F: 239.2lbs, Sat: 239.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Walk Chloe 1 time M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: No, Sat: No,
2. Water garden daily M: Yes - (think one of my cuke plants is dying, it's wilted), T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,
3. Weed flower bed M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: No, Sat: No,

Lots done today and still have to go do some shopping tonight so not a lot of time to chat. Just trying not to fall off the thread this weekend like I usually do.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1600 calories or less - 1491, 2117, 1174, 2102, 1195
2) move - got a head start on the painting and did some gardening, painted 7 hrs, not much, lots of walking, lots of walking
3) 64oz water + - 48oz, 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz, no idea but I don't think enough
4) 20% protein - 25%, 23%, 19%, 16%, 23%
5) vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

6) post one good thing that happened every day - bought the paint for Wednesday's painting, planted my new flowers, painted!, a friend from high school - who I see about once a year - came to visit, it was one of the first summer-feeling days of the year - no jacket or anything!, finally took all the donation stuff to the thrift shop
Old 06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

Health and Fitness:
1. 1200 calories or fewer daily. Yes
2. Exercise two hours. 30 min. Got my work cut out for me tomorrow
3. Drink 2 jugs water daily. Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Reasonable pie chart. Yes
6. Log everything and be active on FitDay. Yes

Wellness:
1. Post something good about today. Got a lovely wake-up massage from the hubby this morning
2. Post something I'm thankful for. This is trite but true...air conditioning! We had 106* today; hottest day ever in the state
3. Take a break, breathe, and reframe when this work issue gets bad. Mostly

Practical:
1. Pay bills. Done
2. Final decision and order carpet. Done
3. Write one report.
4. Proof two reports from postdocs. Done
5. Schedule haircut appt. Done, and so is the haircut
6. Mock trauma interview. Done
7. Mock trauma report. Done
8. Finalize plans for second weekend of vacation.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning, weekend warriors!

What's everybody up to today?

nobe, enjoy your last day of peace . We're here if you need us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.