Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

20 hour day on the road yesterday to set up my mom's assisted living apartment. I think she'll do great... brother, not so much. It's my feeling that he's already stressed and overwhelmed. (Welcome to Crazyland, dear brother... lol) Calories were fine until supper last night when I was tired, hot, on the road and a little stressed. (Hauling an enclosed trailer through 50 miles of road construction, 3 hour trip/one way, in 95* heat behind my Nitro... not so much fun.) Went over a bit, but I also hauled furniture and worked by butt off all day, so it's probably a wash.

Had a lovely, peaceful breakfast out with hubby today. Stocked up on loads of fresh fruits and veggies for the week... just have to figure out a meal plan for the rest of the day! Another hot, but beautiful day today. Hoping to do a deep woods hike this afternoon where it's probably 15 degrees cooler.

Push on, Weekend Warriors!

quinn
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Cassie!!! Better late than never! I've had a busy weekend but not horrible food wise. I am watching my junk food consumption this "Canada Day Long Weekend" with all the festivities. I love the new Special K Cracker Chips! A perfect snack for only 80 cals! My kids saw there first Fireworks last night and they both loved it! But today they are kinda crabby - schedule is all messed up! Today is pretty low key - hoping to get a work out in tonight!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna,

I'm so happy for the good news that you received!! Now, get busy having a wonderful time in Europe! I want to see lots of pictures!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn - your hike sounds like fun! I've never been "hiking" before (except around our property line with the kids on our nature hike LOL. Have a great time!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
brother, not so much. It's my feeling that he's already stressed and overwhelmed. (Welcome to Crazyland, dear brother... lol)
Justice in the cosmos .

So glad it went well. Had a lovely trip for groceries myself today, lots of freshness in season. I'm hoping to get a good bit blanched and in the freezer.

Jho and all other Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
Quinn - your hike sounds like fun! I've never been "hiking" before (except around our property line with the kids on our nature hike LOL. Have a great time!
Thanks! Hoping to entice husband to come with me by packing a backpack picnic lunch. (After carrying furniture all day yesterday, it might be a tough sell! )
Old 07-01-2012, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Justice in the cosmos .

So glad it went well. Had a lovely trip for groceries myself today, lots of freshness in season. I'm hoping to get a good bit blanched and in the freezer.

Jho and all other Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day!
Thanks, Cassie. I'm a great believer in Karma... always have been. I saw a bumper sticker the other day which simply read, "My Karma ran over your dogma." I thought of my brother. lol
Old 07-01-2012, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Cassie I've got about 7 hours left, give or take. The countdown's on. I've been cleaning like crazy so they can mess it up again. Kind of pointless to clean when I have wild animals coming to the house, but at least I'll know what state it was in when they get here. Got them a couple of laundry hampers for their dirty clothes to sit on the floor beside, too. I did what I could.

Calories have been good so far (although I've been slacking lately on fruit and veg), and I got a good walk in running errands. I doubt I'll be able to report tonight, but if it's like every other visit I should have a couple of hours in the morning before they drag their lazy butts out of bed (although hubby's threatening to take away that bit of peace and get them up early).

Catch y'all later!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
before they drag their lazy butts out of bed (although hubby's threatening to take away that bit of peace and get them up early
This reminds me...eek. My son had his first "job" this week M-W and it totally wiped him out (teaching tennis to young kids at camp). On Thursday AM, I got up, ran the trail, came back about 10, showered, got ready for work, went to work, and got home about 4. STILL IN BED! STILL SOUND ASLEEP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I can only hope it means he's growing .

You have my wishes that everything goes better than you expect it will.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Stealing most of my goals for next week from 3/7/2011

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day (green veggies don't count against me)
2) drink a gallon of water a day
3) take vitamin daily
4) take fish oil daily
5) 2500 cals deficient for the week
6) workout 3 times

Non Health & Fitness
7) Write 2 policies
8) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals

I figured if I posted it now, I wont have the "I'm too busy excuse" tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.