Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12 >

SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12

Community
Notices

SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, April, I was just thinking it's kinda quiet around here. I know some of us are struggling a bit/quite busy - sometimes we just have to go on hold for a bit and regroup. Anyone seen Mern? Amy? and the others we've lost on the last couple of months? I hope everyone's keeping on keeping on...
Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Just popped in to say hi and saw Joanna's post. I didn't desert the group. I'm just on some down time due to being miserable with seasonal allergies. Taking advantage of my grandkids being out of state (no child care duties) to pamper myself with antihistamine (that allows me to nap since I haven't been sleeping well at night), my trusty sinus wash Neti Pot, and hot tea, no housework and just lounging around on the sofa, watching TV between naps.

I haven't read the thread because my eyes are kinda light sensitive.

I'll be fine in a day or two--rain would help...

Hugs to all!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday... haven't logged, haven't weighed, and really don't plan to do either today... BUT I haven't eaten much so I guess it is okay to give myself a break! And I still plan to get to the gym tonight after work so that is a definite plus! Note to self: Go to the GYM, no excuses, no excuses...

The whole foods goal I posted is really helping out with meal planning! DH says there is nothing to fix for dinner, but I keep digging around and finding grains and veggies in the back of the freezer, canned goods shoved to the furthest dark corners of cupboards, I've been digging carrots from the garden, and harvesting the last remnants of spinach. Tonight I plan to make polenta with mushrooms and tomatoes, and a spinach salad with homemade Greek yogurt dressing. I may even open a can of sardines (don't want to poison anyone but the date says it's still good...?). I love a challenge, and it's so cool to find that my own kitchen is spilling out so many great things to be creative with! Personal challenge to make meals from now through Saturday dinner on what is in the cupboards, though I did have to buy coffee today... can't do without that!

Ama
Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

64 oz water, minimum m, t,w,
log all food m, t,
get dressed by 8:30 each day m,t,w,th,
do chores in the morning m, t, w, th
pray for patience daily m, t, w, th

Hi everyone I am just checking in, another busy busy week... making a quiche as we speak for my husband to take with him on his trip so he has a healthy breakfast to eat... I used a blender and blended in 2-count em 2 cups of navy beans into the milk and egg mixture.... you can't even tell there are beans in there when you eat it... sneaky, delicious, filling, protein...
Old 06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x4: 3
2.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1249, 1081, 1265, 1218
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz., 70 oz., 30 oz., 96 oz.
4.) Study 30 mins every day: 50 mins, 1 hour, 0 mins, 30 mins

Another day done - got lots of fiber! So that's good...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I hope you get some relief soon!

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 1267,1357, Um, oops on Wednesday, 1263
2. Exercise 6 hours this week. 60 min., 60 min
3. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes, Nope , Yes

4. Proof 6 reports by end of Wednesday. 7
5. Write one report by end of Wednesday. Still working
6. Follow up on volunteer opportunities with the boy (Tuesday). Done

7. Make a decision on carpet this weekend.
8. Replace photos on stairway and in family room this weekend.

Yesterday was an utter fail. Moving on...

I have also noticed the quiet. I know for me it's been the general craziness and being busy. I had a long day at work but I am getting closer to catching up and also got some things accomplished. Got the boy signed up for his driver's ed course and got the behind the wheel hours scheduled; got the logistics of transportation for his couple little jobs this summer lined up.

...and now time to go pick him up from the movie with a friend. Kinda feel like Mern . 'Night all!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1406, 1519, 1467, 1328
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - lots of walking, nothing offical, but I was cleaning the house and the yard for most of the day, lots of gardening and walking, lots of gardening and walking
3) 20% protein minimum - 25%, 19%, 25%, 23%
4) 64oz water minimum - not enough, 64oz, 64oz, 64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 863, 1087, 1000, 1075
6) take vitamins - yes, no, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - no, no, no, no
8) no food after 8pm the night before - yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 06-22-2012, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've been missing because I've been out of town lining up future care for my mom. Looks like it will be an assisted living situation, which means my work load will now largely end. It's bitter sweet, but I know that it's best for me and much safer for her to have the advantage of privacy, yet the comfort of 24/7 help at her fingertips, if the need arises. Happily, she was able to tour 2 assisted living apartments yesterday with me and, to my complete surprise, fell totally in love with one of them. (Which eases my guilt substantially.)

She will be near my brother... time to pass the baton on to him. She asked me jokingly yesterday what I will do this fall when my daughter leaves for college and she has her own apartment/care. That's a good question... lol. For the first time in 30 years, I will hang up my hat as a daily caregiver. Hmm... yep... it's an interesting question... I told her that I'd have to get back to her on that one! Right now, I'm thinking about taking a year off and doing some traveling; something that I haven't been able to do because of my obligation to her. Then, next fall while my daughter is in school and I can get a great break on tuition, I'm seriously thinking about going back to school locally, to receive my degree in Social Work or Psychology with an emphasis on elder-care issues. I've learned so much throughout the past 8 years and I feel that I have a lot that I could offer. But, for now, it's just a thought. Husband is hoping that I pursue something "lighter and more enjoyable". lol Who knows.

Food-wise, I've gained back everything that I had lost in the two previous weeks due to the party, left-overs and travel... *sigh* Well, looks like it's time to dig in again and climb back on the wagon.

Got in after midnight last night and I'm totally dragging after touring various complexes for 9 hours and driving for 6. Going to try to take it easy today and "decompress". This evening, I hope to relax with a wonderful bottle of wine, feeling comfortable with yesterday's outcome and additionally knowing, in my heart, that I cared for her as long as I possibly safely could.

Enjoy your Friday all!

quinn
Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, you sound like a wonderful caring daughter and Mom. You deserve to enjoy your time and shine.

Hi Mern, I hope your allergies are better and that you can enjoy your time without the kiddos.

Mike, I hope your visit with your friend went well. I am so sorry to hear about this situation; it must be so hard not only for him but for people like you who care about him.

April, thanks so much. You know what I mean.

Joanna, hi. I read what you said and I feel like I need a do ever.

Jho, good to see you back. Good to see everyone. Sorry if I missed mentioning everyone.

1) plan meals
2) no more than 1650 calories
3) track
4) 8 glasses of water
5) try to walk at least once during the next 3 days
6) stretch daily; I haven't been and my back has been paying for it
7) try not to be angry or resentful or irritable, which might be my biggest challenge

I have gone off for the past week or more, emotional eating. I gained back 3 or 4 pounds and of course, I bought shorts in the smaller size and they are now feeling snug.
Maybe wearing them will help give incentive.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Here are my goals for this week:
<1400 calories: 1414, 1790, 1076, 1838
Net Carbs < 20: 33.4, 71.1, 17.0 135.1, double
Water >64(oz): 45, 50, 50, 60
exercise: none, none, none, none

Have had some real carb cravings this week, which I think I can attribute to some constipation. I added some bran/yogurt/berries a couple of days this week (didn't help) and even sennacot and metamucil and finally got some relief last night. I don't know what I will do long term as I need to stay on the low-carb diet to control blood sugar, and stopping the painkillers is not an option. I've been doing some reading and it's not good to use laxatives for more than occasional use, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Quinn, sounds like you really need a good rest, and you have earned it too!

Mern, sorry to hear you are down with allergies. Hoping you are better soon.

Mike so sorry to hear about your friend.

Joanna, I will get that cheesecake recipe posted this weekend.

Everyone else, good to see you are still posting - this week it's really helped me to keep logging in spite of overdoing it a couple of days this week. Have a great weekend everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.