Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week of 5/21
Water (70+): Y
1500 cals or less: Almost (1560)
Exercise 1/2 hr/day minimum: Y (yoga),
Pushups every day (10 minimum): Y
Lose that super-duper stubborn 1lb this week: TBD
1 load laundry/day: Y

I had to modify my exercise goal a bit to be more flexible (so tired of seeing nothing but red...). My schedule is too weird for the next few weeks to try and fit in pre-determined activities. I really do hope to get to the gym tomorrow though. I almost stayed in green yesterday except for the chips and salsa waiting for me at home after work last night... I definately need to pre-measure the chips next time! Salsa I can eat with a spoon once the chips run out. Good news is that I weighed in a staggering 2.6 lbs lighter this am than yesterday am!!! I know it is a total fluke though... TOTM and too much sodium over the weekend had me up a few lbs... But I'll take what I can get!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Ama

Age 39, 5’6”
1.4 lbs to Goal (Again)
Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Blood type 0 diet - m/y, t/y
calories intake max 1200 - m/y, t/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/n
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/n

*I ate a few cubes of chocolate
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, no clamshell pics. Y'all are lucky ya got me in pink and that I was brave enough to post a YouTube video of it. Good thing y'all didn't get me in the very short tennis skirt.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, nice start for the week. Reports from hell: hee hee, but seriously wishing you time to get them off your back.

Nobe, I hate that when a bad breakfast messes up my food targets for the rest of the day. I've never bought chicken from Walmart--I appreciate your letting us know you got some tough breasts there. I hope you did well on your food today. LOL, yeah, holding a 30 lb. kid at a parade counts for "weight bearing exercise"--they say that's good to help ward off osteoporosis. A 66 calorie surplus isn't so horrible--that's reason enough to accept yesterday as guilt free.

Hope, ice cream cake. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Kudos on still coming in UNDER your calorie goal! Hooray on the writing, too. Ah, well, tell your haircutter Mern loves her wrap, then. I don't think I could do vegan for a week. I gotta have my cholesterol free egg substitute and cheese and OMG, "our wrap!"

Mike, kudos on being down on the scale. Mine finally started moving again, too, but I echo your "Can I hold it?"

Terri, hi. Thanks for the woohoo on the no car seat soon. When the time is right for you, you'll relish the joy of lugging around baby stuff. I totally understand your missing your friends. Kudos for working your way out of your funk. Great Monday report!

Ama, kudos to you on modifying your exercise goal to allow for more flexibility. 60 calories over isn't bad at all. You still would have a really great deficit plus got in some good exercise. How fun to find that 2.6 lb. loss on your scale--but we know you also worked for it--they don't come free even considering TOTM.

Tunnrida, your Monday report looks nice. How are you liking the blood type O diet? Is it hard or easy for you to follow? I eat one or two sugar free chocolates almost daily-but I'm not addicted to the sweetness, just the chocolate. Sometimes I eat just half a square of plain unsweetened baking chocolate.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
I appreciate your letting us know you got some tough breasts there.
Bwahahahaha! I don't know why this struck me as so funny. Sleep deprivation, maybe. Stress, maybe.

Thanks for the well wishes, Mern. Hope to be back on later tonight to chat.

Terri, so good to see you back .
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe, I hate that when a bad breakfast messes up my food targets for the rest of the day. I've never bought chicken from Walmart--I appreciate your letting us know you got some tough breasts there. I hope you did well on your food today. LOL, yeah, holding a 30 lb. kid at a parade counts for "weight bearing exercise"--they say that's good to help ward off osteoporosis. A 66 calorie surplus isn't so horrible--that's reason enough to accept yesterday as guilt free.
Even after spending the day in the crock pot my breasts were tough! (for you, Cassie ) And they shrunk to about half their size, so I think they were pumped full of water. I've been nothing but disappointed in Walmart meat; don't know if it's different in the States.

I think I just felt guilty because I didn't appreciate it that much and felt sick all day from it. I just felt like "why did I doooooooo that?" all day.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Even after spending the day in the crock pot my breasts were tough! (for you, Cassie ) And they shrunk to about half their size, so I think they were pumped full of water. I've been nothing but disappointed in Walmart meat; don't know if it's different in the States.

I think I just felt guilty because I didn't appreciate it that much and felt sick all day from it. I just felt like "why did I doooooooo that?" all day.
OMG, I guess anyone's breasts would be tough and shrunk to half their size after a day in the crockpot. I wonder if saunas to that, too. I also wonder why Mike has to wear clam shells bra with his pink thong since he does all that exercise. I'd think his would be tough and not need protection, but maybe he's just modest.

Cassie, glad to give you a chuckle, but Nobe's comment was even funnier. LOL!!! I hope you're relieved of some stress when you return.

Nobe, I do shop for food at Walmart, but I rarely buy meat there because although their regular food prices are good, in Ohio their meat prices are generally higher than our chain grocery stores, except for fresh turkey for Thanksgiving and hams for Christmas. Oh, I DO understand what you mean about feeling guilty now--the indulgence is worth it sometimes if it's really yummy, but when it isn't all that good to begin with and puts me over my target, I always regret it. I hope you're feeling better now.

Off to watch the finale of Dancing With the Stars
Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I find Walmart meat expensive too, especially for the quality. I usually buy it on sale from a local grocer. But these chicken breasts were a good price, which is hard to find anywhere, so I bought them. Never again!

I probably would've enjoyed the breakfast 6 months ago. It was yummy in the way that a big plate of beige fried food is yummy. What I should've done is ordered a few sides, since I'm allergic to eggs anyway and had them leave them off the plate. I could've had some ham and fruit salad and toast, or something. Next time!

Feeling much better after guzzling water the past couple days and eating well today.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Goals as made by Mike
1: log everything--YES, YES
2: 100oz of water a day--108.5!!, 101.4
3: calories 1200-1500--1166 close enough, 1446
4: some sort of extra activity every day--1.06 miles, housework counts right? It's raining
5: 1% challenge--starting weight 187.6, 185.6 (-2.0, but like Mike, can I hold it?)
6: no kiling people from work--YES (takin' all the fun out), it was touch and go with one of the guys today but I refrained
7: no crying & be nice to whatshisname--YES, YES there was no crying AND I was nice to whatshisname
8: do hair and makeup (5 days)--ummm nope, nope
9: no cigarettes, not even a drag--YES!, YES!
10: no eating at least 2 hours prior to bed--YES, YES (calling this one early)

Other Stuff (to be done Tuesday evening/Wednesday)
1: fill bird feeders
DONE!2: change cat's litter box
3: scrub floors
DONE! 4: clean out and wash car

Being a typical Tuesday I was busy all day today. But got a lil done before the rains came. Which means I'm gonna have to wash the car again.....oh well. Off to watch a lil tv and wait on laundry to come out of the dryer. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

For today:
1.) Workout x3: 1
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day: ~1890, 1333
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 20 oz., 64 oz.

Finally got to the gym today! Felt good. Everything else was okay - started the water a bit late in the day, but got it done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.