Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Wish I had time to chat...hopefully later tomorrow and the rest of the week. Quick goals, not changing much. Was glad to have a pretty good week last week; now let's see if I can tighten it up.

1. Calories 1300 or less. 1292
2. Exercise 6 hours.
3. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours a night, at least. Yes
5. Water, keep it going. Yes
6. Log everything and post daily. Yes

7. Organize office. It's only Monday
8. Work on the reports from hell daily. A smidgen
...I had a few in my head earlier that will make an appearance when I remember them...
Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Uggggg...this day was a bust. Ate my bad breakfast and spent the rest of the day feeling sleepy and lethargic and grumpy. Had an hour nap, which helped but still I feel like there was a lot more bad than good today. Made "pulled chicken" in the crock pot for dinner (planned on it before I knew about the dumb breakfast, to use up some crappy tough chicken breast from Walmart). I had a little bit on a multigrain bun for dinner with a big salad, so that wasn't too bad. Still, lots of carbs and salt today, despite only having two meals and no snacks. It's amazing how much it affected me. Back on the horse big time tomorrow. Hopefully I can do some damage control for my weigh in Wednesday.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 2241 (I'm calling it guilt-free but I still feel guilty)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - does holding a 30 pound kid for an hour at a parade count?/nothing else
3) 20% protein minimum - 14%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - +66
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

So, kinda failed today... Ah well. I also didn't try very hard.

Goals:
1.) Workout x3
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day: ~1890
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 20 oz.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

1) 7 glasses of water -8
2) 1650 cals -1638 I just made it -was doing great till dessert at a b-day party, d*%n you, ice cream cake!!
3) stretch -yes
4) write for two hours M-W and an hour for two more days- much more
5) stay positive,
6) try not to worry, NO

Tori, I think you were fair to Mike. But you added more to your own stuff!!!

Mern, the wrap was actually the brainchild of my haircutter who is also a bodybuilder. She eats clean mostly and has some great food ideas. She eats all the time and is slim and muscular. But she probably works out like a maniac.

Last edited by canary52; 05-22-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

HKCG I think it was better there were no marshmellows. I like new eating plans too; I also find them fun. And you only have to go vegan for a weeek, yes? Piece a cake - as long as the cake has no butter or dairy of any kind and no honey...

Now mowing the lawn with a riding mower like Jho I wouldn't even attempt. I keep thinking my picture would end up in the local paper under the headline "Bizarre Accident." Just sayin.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mike's Goals

1--1 gallon water daily yes
DONE 2--lose 1.5% -2.8 (can I hold it?)
3--3K deficit -700
4--8 miles, gym 3 times 0mi, day off
5--all vitamins daily yes
6--cut Mytsie's nails no
7--2 policies 0
8--3 RAK 0
Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
So now we know, the man who swears up and down he doesn't wear pink unless he's pestered unrelentingly, actually does wear pink, just in hidden secret ways. Ah but the truth will set you free, either that or get you arrested...
I've been in jail once... never again.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: Woohoo on no car seat!!!!! I don't know what it's like to lug one of those around yet but I'm sure I'll figure out the joys soon enough Big hugs to you too!

Mary: I bet you look killer in your bathing suit!

Mike and Tori: I like your tag-team approach on this, good goals for both of you! Mike, I definitely agree with the clamshell picture! Tori, great Monday report!

Joanna: Completely jealous of your astronomy experience, that sounds like a wonderful event! Good for you!

Hope: Everyone goes through a funk once in awhile, but I think I've turned the corner. It's good to be back and chatting with everyone for sure, you're helping every time I log in!

nobe: Head-sized plates happen, especially at breakfast! You know you'll get that salt out right quick, no worries, try to let your guilt-free day be just that!

Amy: Thanks, I missed you guys too! I could probably have used the mani-pedi and shopping trip; actually one of the contributing reasons to feeling in a funk was because of missing girlfriends. I've never really been one for having lots of close friends, but my close lady friends are all now 2,000 miles away and I miss my girls. The phone is not the same! The self-indulgent part of my funk was just me WALLOWING in it, really, laying on the couch in dirty PJ's wallowing, ugh. I hate when I get like that. No more!

Sorry for missing those I haven't gotten to, just got word one of the undergrads is sick and I need to go cover her experimental shift!

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals

1) Log everything!!! M: yes
2) Deficit of at least 3,500 calories M: -296 (Total: -296)
3) Exercise four hours M: 0 mins
4) At least 80 oz. of water per day, no excuses! M: 80
5) In bed by 11:30 every night M: yes
6) A reasonable pie chart M: yes
7) Weight in M, W, F and report here M: 161.4

Other Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes
2) Call about housing for new job! M: not yet
3) Rein in the computer time at home M: Didn't even get on
4) Report one wonderful thing that happens every day M: BF and I had some much needed snuggle time on the couch.

Could have done better on the calorie balance/exercise yesterday, but to be honest I got home from work fairly late as did BF. He had a terrible day at work, so rather than exercise we just had a little couple/movie time. That's okay by me; I should hopefully have time to exercise today, even if it's just for a half hour. I did okay on the pie chart too - I aim for 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat) and if I'm +/- 5% of that ideal on the percentages, I consider that having done reasonably well. Yesterday was 41/24/35. Protein could be a weeeee bit better, but I was close!

Having a high-carb day so far today, but I'm planning on a lot of protein for dinner so hopefully it will balance out. I found out that Thomas' has started making their thin bagels (which I love!!!) in the "Everything" variety. I love me some everything bagels, and they've made a 110 calorie variety. I totally had one this morning with a spoonful of peanut butter on it, and I do not regret it!!!! It's the little indulgences that make us sane. Lunch is a cranberry and walnut salad with some pita thins and an apple; I'm missing protein here (other than the walnuts) so hopefully I won't be too hungry this afternoon, but I'm otherwise proud of the lunch. I would have put leftover chicken on it if we had any, but I cleaned out the leftovers last night with dinner.

Work is starting to pick up, but I will try to report at lunch break every day!!! Wishing you all a great Tuesday!

~Terri
Old 05-22-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Finally purchased my gym membership for the summer - now I really am not allowed to slack off! Brought my workout clothes today, so it's gonna happen for sure. I find I'm looking forward to it, now that I've determined to do it.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, kudos on getting that gym membership and workout clothes! Enjoy!

Haven't had time to read the other posts today but will later.

Did get to the gym and have eaten cleanly today and am drinking water.

This day just flew by and I have to leave in 5 minutes to pick up one GD from high school and then take live-in GD to work. Will try to catch up later this afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.