FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7388-5-14-12-if-you-build-motivational-thread-they-will-come.html)

Kumochi 05-15-2012 05:23 AM

Mern My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself. Mary

Jho82 05-15-2012 06:22 AM

Oh Mern - that's horrible news sweetheart. I am so sorry for your loss and sending my thoughts to you and your family. Big hugs to you.

amalthea1892 05-15-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 81239)
Hope, my brother's 33 year old stepson was killed in a motorcycle accident in his home state of Georgia over the weekend. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. He leaves a wife and two daughters ages about 6 and 3. The funeral was yesterday and I was unable to attend.

I've been on the phone and online with family a lot over the past several days and haven't kept up with our group, but I'm on track with food and exercise.

Kudos to all who are doing well and big hugs to you who are struggling.

Mern - I am so very sorry to hear about your family's loss. I can emphasize a bit as my 1st Hubby died at the age of 33, in a helicopter crash (in 02'). The first few months are very surreal, but in time the good memories are the ones that endure. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Ama

canary52 05-15-2012 07:32 AM

Ama so sorry to hear this. What incredible suffering you must have gone through and so young.

traceymc1985 05-15-2012 08:54 AM

Mern- Sending you lots of hugs and letting you know i have you in my thoughts. Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Jho- loving the sound of the karaoke website- i love singing- im not the greatest in the world- nowhere near a whitney houston but im ok- confident enough to sing in public- after a couple of vodka/diet cokes lol.

Jeanne- mums and weight loss- dont even get me started lol- i could write about 10 pages but it would just be ranting!
I still cant figure out if my mum is genuinely happy that ive lost so much weight and if she really wants me to get to goal. Mine isnt as slim as she used to be and sometimes comes across a bit bitter. When asked if ive lost weight each week and ive put on i sense a slight bit of happiness. I may be wrong but as it used to bother me i have now stopped letting it bother me.

Ive had a better day today foodwise- was out at my friends today and didnt jump for the unhealthy foods. Ive done good and snacked on fruit.
Teatime was a quick weightwatchers ready meal- i was happy with the small portion and felt satisfied by it. Had a yoghurt afterwards so that helped.
Weigh in tomorrow but im not getting my hopes up- not being defeated just know that i could have done better but we will see. Dont feel like ive lost anything apart from my mind hahaha- lots of money stress past couple of days!!

nobe 05-15-2012 10:25 AM

Mern, so sorry for your loss. Big hugs. My thoughts are with you.

Tunnrida 05-15-2012 10:41 AM

my weight for 4 weeks did not change!!

Jho82 05-15-2012 11:46 AM

The Karaoke website is called Singsnap - its pretty cool except I feel like a creeper just watching random ppl sing to there computer cams LOL! I would also need quite a few drinks in order to Karaoke.... the last Karaoke extravagance was with my little sister - we sang Kiss by Prince - IT WAS SO HORRIBLE.... but I can't help but laugh when I think of it.... oh so bad!....sorry I lied - the last Karaoke was with my hubby in the kitchen a few days ago with my sons new microphone LOL :D we were singing old school country songs by none other than Johnny Cash! We are such losers together!

I'm getting my Bonus #1 in tonight (Sorry you have to listen to me all over again Tracey haha).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening!

Mern 05-15-2012 12:30 PM

Had to skim--GD needs the computer for a school project. My apologies to anyone I didn't address personally.

Thanks to all for your sympathy, hugs and prayers for my family. Hugs of appreciation right back at ya.

Hope, I appreciate any prayers and best wishes--Jewish/Buddhist, Christian, Pam's prayers to the universe, whatever. Love and caring is just that, no matter how you slice it.

Ama, that must have been horrible dealing with the lost of your husband back in '02. I'm so glad your love and good memories carried you through. Was he in the military at the time?

Tunnrida, I hope your scale moves soon. Many of us know how frustrating that is.

Jeanne, wishing you an end to your frustrations.

Cassie, I hope your workday ended well.

Tori, my scale is nuts, so I got over being a slave to it. I hope you can, too.

volleyballgranny, best wishes on getting your blood sugar under control. Kudos on losing 40 lbs.--that has to help a lot.

ToriD1012 05-15-2012 01:57 PM

Goals
1: log everything--yes, yes
2: water, lots and lots of water...maybe just MAYBE if I imagine the water as oreos???--no, kinda
3: calories 1200-1500....for some reason lately it's like I can't eat enough. I did so well with 1200 for so long, now it's like I'm famished even when I stick to the meal plan I was on then :confused:--1251, 1390
4: some sort of extra activity every day--yes, kinda
5: don't be a slave to the scale, post starting weight and ending weight only--187.4--I SO failed and hopped on the demon machine this morning an guess what? I'm UP a pound. It seems like my worst days are when I lose weight. My good days, I gain. I freaking give up lately.--I won't be home for the next few days, so the demon machine gets to sit all by it's lonesome. Take THAT stupid scale!!!

Haven't had time to read everything, but did want to offer my condolences to both Mern and Ama. Huge hugs to you guys.